American Idol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard people saying there was a very popular website for American Idol which you could vote on. Well, of course it was fake and I heard the voting numbers were HUGE for Chris but they didn't count. IDK..but like I said he wasn't my favorite just because of my taste, but almost everyone I know was hoping he would win.

Another rumor I heard was, they only counted votes from Cingular text messages?? I doubt that's true though.
default_wacko.png
:

At least I don't have to watch anymore. That way, I won't have to look at Elliot's ugly mug. Mind you, I am FAR from a pretty man but that inbred makes me look gorgeous. Maybe they'll remake the movie Deliverance and he can play the hillbilly kid with the banjo...no make-up required.

Poor Kath. She's got talent...she just keeps choking. I've lost faith in her. Think the pressure's too much.

I hate to admit it, but Taylor has grown on me a little. He should never have beaten Chris, but of the 3 left, he deserves to win the most. Nevertheless, he's still a spaz and has limited commercial value.

Now then, got FUEL? I would love to see that deal work out. They need the help. Chris can play guitar and write his own stuff. Just what they need and just the platform for Chris to build his career on for a few years. Yup, I think him joining Fuel would work out really well. I know I'd add it to my collection...legally even.

What do y'all think?

Well, I thought Chris was not up to par on his last performance - he has done much better. You can see the phone voting results at Dial Idol... and yes, Chris and Katherine were very close - and were the bottom two.

At this stage - anyone can go. Chris assumed he was The Chosen One (he was - for a while - the judges pimped him constantly) - hence his shock. Like Constantine last year, he "knew" he was going to win.

Dial Idol results (not affiliated with AI or Fox in any way) from last Tuesday... they have been very accurate all season...

1-2 Taylor Hicks 29.749 1.533

1-2 Elliott Yamin 29.181 1.539

3-4 Katharine McPhee 25.623 1.577

3-4 Chris Daughtry 25.241 1.581

So close that - as it shows, 1 and 2 could switch places based on the margin of error - and ditto for 3 and 4.

Chris getting the boot stunned me - not because it was so unjust - but because it was apparent from the final 12 that he was The Chosen One. He seemed to be "coasting" to me the past couple of weeks - as if he knew he had this thing in the bag... well, he didn't. And some cocky interviews after the fact have not done him any favours... :no:

Yes, Katherine was worse last Tuesday - but sometimes voters over-compensate for such performances... which may be how Elliott survived through some truly terrible performances of his own...

*shrug*

Yep - I bet Chris will end up with Fuel - but he has to honour his American Idol contract through the end of the summer tour first. Them's the rules.

Elliott? I do not care for his voice - even though he did well last week, he does not have the "IT" factor....

Not sure what else to call it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to fling fish at me, but I was overjoyed that Chris got booted. His voice would be nice if he'd tone down the vibrato, but EVERY song sounded the same with him singing. He was by far my least favorite, and his head was getting way too big.

I love all three of the remaining contestants, but I ADORE Taylor!

NO fish from me, kenna... I cannot recall any contestant being less gracious about leaving the show. Chris was POed.

And frankly, at least for this season, Chris' departure proved to me that this time it was not rigged. Chris was the favourite. He had the nod from the judges... he was indeed The Chosen One - as were Ruben, Fantasia & Carrie in the past. The fact that the actual votes could have eliminated the favourite.... mind boggling! :new_shocked:

A couple of quotes from his interview with Entertainment Weekly...

It definitely got the reaction it deserved. Nobody expected it. I wasn't the pick to go home. I've been the pick to win.
Do you think a rock star, as opposed to a pop star, can win American Idol?

Absolutely. I think it could have happened this year. I really do. That's what the biggest shock is. Everyone is so floored because everyone expected me to win.
He knew he was going to win. Sometimes, karma sucks.
default_unsure.png
:

A little humility would serve him well....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back