Again, I am confused....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She would ride great with Shy but, I dont have a full trailer. I can borrow one but it will take a while to get it. Then its really easier on me and the mares if I just pay for the farm call.

default_saludando.gif
Hey Bonny,

How's our girl doing this am?
default_wink.png
GOOD LUCK with the vet today...what time is he coming?

Nothing new to add this am. Vet is coming at 230. So I will let yall know after he leaves.

I'm eagerly awaiting your results and my own. I sent in 3 mare's blood samples for pregnancy last week and am awaiting the results. Here's hoping we are all doing the happy mare-in-foal dance tonight.

La De Da, La De Da. I'm trying to be patient. Now we are having a thunder/rain storm. I'll be so mad if we loose power!!!!!

I sure hope you can get some answers, Bonny........

OK!!!

I am so relieved!!!

The vet was able to do the rectal US. He wasnt able to get the probe in as far as he wanted to determine fetal size. BUT

he does believe her to be at least 6 months! He said she could defiantly be more, but with out being able to go far enough in, he cant be certain. He also did talk to a repro vet who told him that if he double checked with external US that if she was in the last month the foal would be able to be seen through the bottom of the abdomen.Which he did not see. Now he did say he wouldnt be surprised if she was to foal sooner, as she has been so complicated thus far!

He said to let him know if her udder starts to develop again.He said nothing would surprise him at this point!!! He also said her uterus is way to big to hold a 75 day fetus!! He could see fetal membranes.

He has decided he likes minis and is going to learn as much as he can and start working on them !
default_aktion033.gif

So at least I know I am not crazy!
default_laugh.png

So yea I need to still watch her, but now I know its not for nothing!!!
default_biggrin.png

Well Bonny, I'm glad you can relax a little bit. I still think she is way further along than 6 months! But you sound a bit more relaxed and I'm glad about that!! I would bet my life, she will foal by the end of August........

Take a deep breath girl!!!!!

Only 6 months...NO WAY!!!! Maybe 9-10, she has udder development and is starting to develop the "V"
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Too bad he couldn't get in far enough to size the foal--we'll just keep WATCHING and WAITING
default_wacko.png
:wacko
default_wacko.png
Good practice for us all next year!!!!
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

He didnt say only 6 he said at least 6. He also said he wouldnt be surprised if she foaled in a month because she 'looks' bigger than 6 months. He said when he first saw her he knew she was bred.

So he said watch her for more udder development, and keep him posted.

I am going to be posting a few more pics and a video. Also he said that he felt the mini owner on here defiantly know more about minis!

One pic I will have a question about!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great news Bonny!!!
default_aktion033.gif
That means we are all pretty smart here on the forum, LOL
default_wink.png
Good Luck with her and keep us posted...these mares are gonna drive us crazy!! I still can't believe my mare hasnt popped yet, LITERALLY!!
default_new_shocked.gif

No worries Shelly, it was probably the way I said it.Its so hard to get my words across on line!

Remember when yall said that she would get more jello like? well tell me if this is because it seems softer around her tail head:

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479...=7-31-08030.flv

AND she seems to have less resistance...
default_new_shocked.gif

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479.../7-31-08003.jpg

And new preg tummy pics! YES I now believe!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479.../7-31-08009.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479.../7-31-08011.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479.../7-31-08027.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/479.../7-31-08029.jpg

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Tell me what yall think!!!!

new2 minis-, haha, at least I am not alone.........LOL!!!
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

YUP -- jello-y
default_new_rofl.gif
and boy that tail goes up pretty high!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked Looks like a preggo belly to me
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

LOL! I did that so the vet could have easier access to her ummm, well you know!
default_rolleyes.gif

Yall are so funny, I want beyy news and yall are looking at her braid!
default_laugh.png

LOL!

I knew it! I knew that she was! Congrats on the pregnancy.

Yes, it does look like she is softer and more jello-y. The tail resistance is not how high you can lift the tail, but it is how strong the resistance is when you lift the tail. You don't have to lift it super high to tell. You are just looking for what is out of the normal for this mare as each mare is different in how much they resist you.

I still maintain that she is closer than you think. I have heard that ultrasounding in late term is very hard to tell just how far along they are because of the reasons your vet gave you where they can't get in far enough to see. Keep up the watching. I really think that you will have a foal sooner than what your vet thinks. I would still figure the average of 4 to 6 weeks from foaling that they start to bag up. That is putting you at just about 4 weeks from when you noticed her starting to produce a bag.

Added: Look at your previous video of you checking out how jello like she was. Compare to this one. The newest one shows how much the area around where you are pushing is giving indicating relaxing of the muscles. It is much more than the other video. The end of the newest video shows the jello type of effect well. Hard to say just how much more she will relax, but I am thinking there is definate change happening.

Latest posts

Back