ADDED--Extended version of 2013 Budweiser commercial (see #10)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww! I love those Budweiser commercials with the Clydesdales! I have a feeling I'll be seeing this commercial during the superbowl! ;)

I guess I am a dweeb too--it got to me also!
default_bye-sad.gif
Had to watch it twice--too good. We don't have television so I never would have seen this--thanks for sharing.
default_smile.png

LOVED THE AD!!!

Ever since I was a child, I've loved the Bud Clydesdales. Sure, we had horses back home at the time, but the Bud horses were so large and so beautiful; when the team visited our po-dunk town I got to sit on one while they led the animal around.

My most recent mistake was to gush over these animals to my husband and have him watch the Bud ad. He's in control of the the truck and the trailer. I was just trying to show him what magnificant animals they are; he tries to please my every whim so now he wants to get me a draft horse. NOOOOO!

What a sweet husband, AngC!

Keith loved the Budweiser Clydes already, and he's a bigtime softie for anything like this. He goes out-of-house to watch the Super Bowl with some buddies, so I asked what they all thought of it. He said it was everyone's favorite commercial.

I LOVED it, even though, as Susanne said, it isn't exactly 'true-to-life', if you know horses! There are some videos on youtube that show the training, and some outtakes, if I remember correctly, of the Clydes for the commercials. Can't remember the guy's name who does that training, but I think you can find the videos by googling the Budweiser Clydesdales; I really enjoyed watching a bunch of them recently! I wondered if the HANDSOME young man on the commercial was the actual trainer?? Couldn't recall if those videos ever showed him up close enough, but plan to go back and watch some of them again!

Margo

They now have an extended version of the commercial up on YouTube, which is even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7PcI67dE&feature=player_detailpage

The commercial was directed by Jake Scott, son of Ridley Scott, who, in addition to many movies, directed the iconic Apple commercial in the 1980s. Jake said in an interview that he grew up with horses, and that he wanted to avoid prevent the commercial becoming mawkish, so he aimed for simplicity and authenticity.

The adorable trainer is played by an actor, but I'd bet he had experience with horses or other animals. He sure is cute -- how could anyone resist an animal lover with dimples?

Perhaps my favorite moment in this spot is when the trainer is upset seeing the horse running down the city street, but when the horse stops, he relaxes and the horse does likewise and comes to him. In that, at least, Jake Scott achieved the simple truth he was seeking.

That was beautiful - thanks so much for posting it!!! And I didn't know that Ridley Scott's son directed it - he has a really good eye!

The guy who trained the horses for the commercial is Tommie Turvey, he's been coming to the PA Horse Expo for many years now, and his tricks and stunts with his horses are really fun to watch, and clinics are full of information and a lot of fun too. He does a lot of work at liberty and if you know his "style" you can easily spot it in this commerical.

The guy who trained the horses for the commercial is Tommie Turvey, he's been coming to the PA Horse Expo for many years now, and his tricks and stunts with his horses are really fun to watch, and clinics are full of information and a lot of fun too. He does a lot of work at liberty and if you know his "style" you can easily spot it in this commerical.
That's is so cool. I've seen some of his videos on you-tube, he's amazing with horses.

Back