Abbey at driving training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouburgia

Reaction score
This is my 5 years old Grullo-roan Pinto mare. I have her for about 6 months now, and when I got her, the only thing she knew was a halter. She is a very fast learner, the pictures are taken when she was in front of the cart for the 6th or 7th time!

I usually ride in compagny of my trainer, but he wasn't available, so that's why we are riding on a "safety lunge".

mennen%206%20maart%20(3).JPG

mennen%206%20maart%20(1).JPG

mennen%206%20maart%20(9).JPG

mennen%206%20maart%20(8).JPG

She is just so easy going!

mennen%206%20maart%20(19).JPG

mennen%206%20maart%20(17).JPG

mennen%206%20maart%20(16).JPG

Tnx for watching!

By the way: I know that she is way to fat. She was even fatter when I got her, she already lost aa lot of weight. We are working on it

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely girl!! That harness is to DIE for
default_wub.png
and you even matched your turnout to it.
default_wink.png
So cool! Thank you very much for sharing her and I hope you'll continue to do so. I like the bent shafts on an easy entry too; it adds a nice touch.

Leia

Just curious, is that the type of bit that is commonly used by your trainer to start a horse in harness? Just trying to become more educated to other people's practices. Thanks.

Just curious, is that the type of bit that is commonly used by your trainer to start a horse in harness? Just trying to become more educated to other people's practices. Thanks.
Yes, the liverpool bit is very common here for driving. I have one with a light bend in the mouth piece, like this one: http://www.worldchampionhorseequipment.com...ges/t436000.jpg .

I think the liverpool bit (this version) is a very friendly bit, but can be strong in case of emergancy.

I startet with a "B -shank" like this one: http://www.depaerdeshop.nl/images/bokkebit1.gif but it didn't fit wright.

I lunge her on a half cheeck bit

I'm still planning to repaint the cart, dark green or dark blue. The bended shafts are also common here for the larger pony's. Wen I bought the cart there where straight shafts with it, but those where to small, so I got them replaced.

Unfortunatly this is about the only easy entry cart availeble over here. In the USA I see much more differances in the carts, and lovely carts with wooden shafts and things like that. Really love those!

You guys look great! Thanks for sharing, your mare is a pretty girl. Looks like you will have lots of fun together. That is a beautiful harness too. Do you mind if I ask whose make it is? Is it a BR harness??

No, it's not BR. It's "Clever" but one of the last because the company Clever doesn't excist anymore.

You could try to get a harness second hand. I did so. It was new, but the man I bought it from, bought the wrong size for his horse.

There is a rumour that the harness is going to be sold by another company under the name "jolly" but I here very differant story's about this company

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back