A very good weekend!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I spent the US Thanksgiving in West Springfield, Massachusetts at a large 4 day dog show. We got to our hotel at 2:30 AM on Thurs, and we were at the Eastern States Exposition by 7:30 AM to set up our grooming area.

First up was Moxie in Rally-Obedience. She needed one leg to finish her Rally Advanced title, which we were successful in achieving!
default_biggrin.png
And we were 2nd in the class! She is now AOM Can/Am CH Finnshavn Bubble Gum Moxie Can/Am RA, Am HT, CGC

Then I quickly packed up her crate and ran with her back to the other building for conformation....there was less than a half hour between finishing Moxie in Rally and being ready to show the other 2 dogs in conformation. So time was a little tight!

The rest of the weekend went fairly well too! With Delilah winning Best of Breed on Thurs, for another Grand Championship MAJOR! Friday she was Best of Opposite Sex to finish her AKC Grand Championship title!! In 3 weekends of showing as a finished Champion, or Special, she won 4 Best of Breeds, 2 Best of Opposite Sex, and 1 Select, ALL of which were Major wins, except the Select, and all completely breeder/owner handled! She is now BPIS-S Can CH Am GrCH Esrohollow Hey There Delilah Am HT

She then went on to pick up a Select on Saturday, and another Best of Breed on Sunday!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Yes, yes, very proud of them I am!
default_wub.png
:wub

Moxie finishing her Rally Advanced title

MoxieRAUS.jpg

Delilah finishing her AKC Grand Championship

DelilahGCH.jpg

Delilah winning her 2nd Best of Breed for the weekend

DelilahBOBNov11.jpg

~kathryn

Wow, you really accomplished a lot during that show.
default_aktion033.gif
A big congratulations to you and your dogs.
default_firstprize.gif

Thanks Parmela & Debbie!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

I was soo thrilled with Moxie's Rally Advanced title! I have done a lot of training with her, but *I* just do not enjoy trialing in Obedience....that day she was the best she's ever been in the ring.

And the Sunday when Delilah won her second Best of Breed for the weekend, someone came up to me when I came out of the ring and told me I couldn't have shown her better!
default_blush.png
She is a hard dog to show, because as much as she LOVES attention, she really doesn't enjoy the show ring thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It always makes me smile to see your posts and pictures of your dogs. Always takes me back to their puppy days too, your doing such an outstanding job with them. Congratulations to you and your girls.

Congratulations ! Nice to see dogs that have titles at both ends of thier name
default_aktion033.gif

Ann
Thanks Ann! Yes, I try to get titles at both ends!!! All my dogs have Obedience training, but I just do not enjoy trialing....I have been doing a lot of herding the past couple years, so I'm hoping to get enough training under my belt to get a few more titles on some of the other dogs in herding too. I do enjoy chasing sheep and seeing the dogs do what should be there by instinct with this breed!!
default_yes.gif
Unfortunately, the dog with the best Obedience training aside from Moxie, was ruined by a judge and will probably never feel comfortable doing Obedience in a trial setting.....but I haven't given up on her yet....

It always makes me smile to see your posts and pictures of your dogs. Always takes me back to their puppy days too, your doing such an outstanding job with them. Congratulations to you and your girls.
Awwww.....thank you!!! Moxie turned SIX this year.....Next year she will be eligible for Veterans classes!!!!! And her pups just turned FOUR!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Where, oh where, has the time gone!!!!
default_unsure.png
But I still have a hard time looking at those photos from the first day......that was too close for comfort with Moxie for sure....I will definitely never forget that night!

It has been fun....many rocky patches along the way, but boy, what I have learned from those!
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

Oh wow!!! That is so wonderful!! I keep thinking of not showing Lily and then I see what the girls are doing and I feel guilty!

Part of my problem is not knowing the coat after so many years with Pemmies. Need to just suck it up and try to at least get some letters in front, especially with the national in Ohio this year.

Congrats to the kids and mama Moxie.

Congratulations! I know how hard that is. Is that Randy Sheets in the 2nd picture? I used to show shelties and quite active in the breed and Randy comes from the sheltie ring. I also did obedience and conformation as well at the same show so I know how tough that jugging is. Debbie Goad, SilverDust Shelties

Congratulations on your awesome winning weekend!!!! Your dogs are lovely too. I love corgis and yours are particularly gorgeous. I show obedience and Rally. I especially love rally and so do my dogs, I have never owned a corgi, but they are on my dog wish list for the future.... Best wishes and great job
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!
default_wub.png

You know Jody, I could help you with the showing thing!!! Just have to let me know where you are willing to travel to show!
default_biggrin.png
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations! I know how hard that is. Is that Randy Sheets in the 2nd picture? I used to show shelties and quite active in the breed and Randy comes from the sheltie ring. I also did obedience and conformation as well at the same show so I know how tough that jugging is. Debbie Goad, SilverDust Shelties
Yes, Debbie, that is Randy Sheets! Never shown under him before, but he was really great with the dogs, especially my puppy who was a little overwhelmed with such a big show!!!! I had a very nice chat with him when we were waiting to have the photo taken....didn't know he came from shelties! Good to know! Thanks!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back