Herding with the Cardigans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I took a 'quick' trip out to Washington, Missouri for the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America's National Specialty herding trial! Nothing like 12 hours each way on the road just to work with my dogs
default_rolleyes.gif

It was HOT (a LOT warmer than home), but the dogs preformed well.

Lainey (Can CH Esrohollow Plain White Ts Am PT) finished her Pre-Trial Tested (PT) Title on the first day!

Lainey1.jpgLainey2.jpg

Boo (Can CH Esrohollow Behind the Door Am PT) got a Qualifier both days and finished her PT title on the second day
Boo1.jpgBoo2.jpgBoo3.jpg

And sfmini's girl Lily (Esrohollow Maidjalook) earned a Q on the first day toward her Herding Tested Title! I was very proud of Lily, working with me even though the 2 of us had never worked together before...the second day got the better of her though and she was very worried about where Mom went! She was trying hard, but it was very hot!!
Lily2.jpgLily3.jpg

Always fun heading to our Nationals, only wish I could have stayed for the full week's activities. My 6 week old puppies were very happy to have me home though!

~kathryn

LOVE these photos! That looks like so much fun. Long trip you had, I'm not good at long trips anymore my traveling days are way behind me! Congratulations bringing home the titles!!!

I used to do herding with my australian shepherd. There was a corgi in our group. It was so nice to use "velcro sheep". Love seeing the photos and congratulations on your wins!

Long, long drive. Glad you did it safely and got home to the puppies.

Love seeing pics of your dogs.Always glad when you post.My friend who has Kimberwicke Cardigans has a litter only 2 1 male 1 female but boy are they cute. 4 weeks old now Soon I get to play with them.Sire is black and dam is black brindle.

So cool!

I have a smooth collie that I use a little on cattle - nothing that sophisticated though! I've always wanted to get real lessons!

I used to do herding with my australian shepherd. There was a corgi in our group. It was so nice to use "velcro sheep". Love seeing the photos and congratulations on your wins!

Long, long drive. Glad you did it safely and got home to the puppies.
Of course the problem with 'velcro sheep' is…..

24815_10150166916215251_8289258_n.jpg

That was taken in 2010 at my very first herding trial
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

HAHAHAHAHAha!!! I couldn't figure out what was meant by "velcro" sheep - I kept looking at their coats.

With the posting of the last pic, I now understand and quickly went back up and re-looked at the original pics. One of these days, I need to find a herding competition and just go watch. I think I'd enjoy it tremendously. DO NOT, however, need to come home with anymore dogs, LOL...or new things "to try out"...

One of the ewes on the second day head butted me in the rear end while we were stopped at one point….it hurt! LOL

~kathryn

Yay! Finally get to see pictures of Lily. Since I had to hide, I didn't get to see her work!

Working on getting some of the lard off so she does better next time. I did get pictures of Boo and Lainey.

I need to switch to my laptop to post those.

Latest posts

Back