A Traumatic Easter Sunday-for our buckskin mare, Sadie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donna,

I am so glad you still have Sadie and yes Marnie and Nate would be wonderful to have for neighbors and friends :)

Susan O.

We are just so thankful that Sadie is ok, this time Nate gets all the credit, he did it, I just stood and prayed real hard. One thing we did do to help push the foal back in is to put Sadie on her back and picked up on her back feet, picked her back end up in the air, Nate said it helped the foal slide back in so he could keep trying to get the legs. Donna thinks it was an hour, it seemed like at least an hour but probably was more like 15-20 minutes that it took to get the legs out. It's hard to count minutes when your heart is in your throat. Sadie is so loved by all and is now going to be ok. We're so thankful we didn't lose her, I know it would have totally crushed Donna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna, I am so sorry to hear about Sadie's baby, it had to be so sad, am so glad that Sadie is doing well, your so lucky that Nate and Marnie were there to help, I am setting here crying, I am so worried about Blondie that something like this could happen to her, my prayers are with you and Sadie.

[SIZE=14pt]OH! Donna,[/SIZE]

I'm so very sorry for your loss! :no: I'm sure glad that Nate & Marnie were there to save your little Sadie!

Bill

Oh no! Poor Sadie! I'm so sorry the baby was lost. Thank God for good friends! I'm so glad Sadie was saved and will be ok. {{{Hugs}}}

Poor little Sadie! Thank goodness Nate and Marnie were there to help you!! They are good people!
default_smile.png
I'm so sorry that she lost her colt, but relieved that Sadie is going to be okay. She is such a sweet girl.

Donna,

I am so sorry to hear this. Glad to hear Sadie is alright. Sending hugs to you and Sadie.

Aww Donna, I'm so very sorry ~HUGS~ Thank you Nate and Marnie for being such good friends big ~HUGS~ to you two, too. Give Sadie a treat from us, so glad she'll be ok!

Oh what a sad story. :no:

It's just a reminder to us all of the power of Mother Nature.

I can feel your sorrow.

I am so glad that precious Sadie will be ok, and I am sorry for the loss of your baby. Marnie and Nate are the BEST!!!!

I am so sorry for your loss and sympathetic to the day that you had to spend. I am thankful that your mare will be okay for you to continue to enjoy her.

I'm sorry for you loss Donna, but I'm very thankful Sadie made it through it. Nate & Marnie did a great job saving your mare.

So very sorry for the loss of the foal, but it's great that Sadie is ok. Glad Marnie and Nate were able to get there so quickly.

Oh Donna, what a horrible ordeal for you, Marnie, Nate and Sadie to go through. Thank god for Nate. He is such a help to everyone who needs it. Marnie too. Goldilocks says "I am so glad my sister is okay".
default_wub.png
: In a case like this the Mother is the main thing to worry about. I bet Morgyn is so happy about it too, that her Sadie is going to be okay.
default_smile.png

I am so sorry for your loss. So glad to hear that Sadie survived! This exact thing happened to us just last year! A maiden mare was at 300 days gestation, to the day, and I found her in labor when I went out to feed. We don't have a horse vet close by, so we had to haul our little mare up to the vet clinic (about 45 minutes from us). The vet saved the mare, but the colt was already dead. Same thing as yours........the cord was wrapped around the middle of the foal.....which had caused the foal to die. Our mare never grieved either, as she didn't really realize what had happened. We are hoping for a better year this year.

Pam C.

[SIZE=12pt]so sorry for the loss of your colt but sooo glad to hear Sadie will be o.k...scary...Nikki[/SIZE]

So sorry for the loss of your colt. Glad your mare will be ok.

Back