A registered or R

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you could only pick AMHA or AMHR registered horses what do you pick?

• AMHA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMHR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Double registered only
yes.gif

Sorry I could not add both to the poll guys! I am wondering which one is more popular, say you could not double register your horses, you could only pick one - if I put a both option up that would be the winner I know
biggrin.gif

If possible I register my mini's with both (have not hardshipped into AMHA tho), but if I had to choose I would have to say AMHR, only because that is where we do ALL of our showing. It is not that I prefer one over the other, altho the fees are alot better with AMHR, the paperwork turn around is awesome with AMHR also! I sent in some new registrations on my 2005 foals and they returned to me in less than 2 weeks! I buy horses that are AMHA only, I buy horses that are AMHA/AMHR and AMHR only. If I like the horse, I like the horse. I have hardshipped into AMHR with AMHA papers, but have never hardshipped into AMHA. The fees are just waaaay too high for me so far, I do have one that I am thinking seriously about it, but......not there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]No question, I get more for my money with AMHR.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I don't know the purpose behind this question on the thread, and I hope I don't side track it with what I am about to say because the issue I am going to bring up has been cussed and discussed before. Then why bring it up you say? I feel very strongly about this and feel I am right in my thinking. AMHA, if they would lower there hardshipping fee for AMHR registered horses 34 and under, the money that would come into the association would be quite bit. I will not spend the very high hardship fee with AMHA right now as it is, BUT if they were to lower their rates (comparible to AMHR, or at least close) I have 6 at the moment I would do in a heartbeat. I like more bang for my buck, and since I do show AMHR mostly, I just do not get the bang for the money AMHA wants now. I am sure there are ALOT of others out there just like me. I do want to state that I do not show AMHA just for the simple reason I have more shows AMHR in my timeline of showing and the area. So don't think this is a complete bash on AMHA, it isn't, I just feel very strongly on this subject.

I like the tall ones so I voted AMHR. There are also more AMHR shows in the region, although, none are very close to me.

I have two R registered mares and my stallion is A/R. I would buy double registered horses in a heartbeat, but would probably think hard about 'A' only in this area.

Double registered for sure...but the second choice would be AMHR for sure!
yes.gif

-Kris

I also prefer double registered AMHA/AMHR "but" if I had to pick only one registry it would be AMHR!

Double registered.

If we had to chose though, it would be hard. We prefer to show AMHR (less expensive and definitely more family friendly), but in California the same horse if registered AMHA vs AMHR, well the A horse brings more money.

I'm hoping that will change, but it's the reality of the market out here. So it would be hard to chose as basically its a personal preferance versus economics.

When I'm buying I will buy an A and pay to add the R papers, but have only ever bought one R horse to hardship A (and I still haven't hardshipped her!).

This one was easy for me!

Even though I have many AMHA horses, there is currently little to no opportunity to show AMHA in my area. The closest AMHA show to me as far as I've been able to determine is almost 400 miles away and it's not important enough to me to drive that far... it would take the fun out of the show if we had to spend all that time just getting there and back.

Additionally, I love the B division minis and those are not recognized by AMHA.

Also, I am one of those "bad" people. I have AMHA papers on several horses I have yet to send in to AMHA and I think the most recent purchase in that area is a mare I have owned for almost 2 years! Talk about procrastination. I get those R ones off straight away and maintain the AMHA ones in my registration / health records notebook, but do not have any actual USE for them at this point in time (as I'm not yet breeding) so let myself procrastinate to a ridiculous point.

minih said:
I don't know the purpose behind this question on the thread, and I hope I don't side track it with what I am about to say because the issue I am going to bring up has been cussed and discussed before.  Then why bring it up you say?  I feel very strongly about this and feel I am right in my thinking.  AMHA, if they would lower there hardshipping fee for AMHR registered horses 34 and under, the money that would come into the association would be quite bit. I will not spend the very high hardship fee with AMHA right now as it is, BUT  if they were to lower their rates (comparible to AMHR, or at least close) I have 6 at the moment I would do in a heartbeat. I like more bang for my buck, and since I do show AMHR mostly, I just do not get the bang for the money AMHA wants now. I am sure there are ALOT of others out there just like me. I do want to state that I do not show AMHA just for the simple reason I have more shows AMHR in my timeline of showing and the area. So don't think this is a complete bash on AMHA, it isn't, I just feel very strongly on this subject.
491395[/snapback]

I agree with your point very much, Terri, and I also have (counting...) at least 5 that I would hardship in a heart beat, JUST IN CASE we ever got shows in this area. Four of the five are actually geldings and I think that it's a bit steep to hardship a gelding into AMHA but this is something I still would do with Sunny if it turns out we have some closer shows where I could use those papers.

Am going to just stay with R. More options with them and they don't tag you with higher membership fees you if you aren't a member for one year.

Wouldn't want to even consider something that wasn't double registered, so won't vote. However I will have to say I WOULD and have bought AMHA horses because in my opinion the fees that AMHR charges to cross-register them is still affordable at $200.00 for mares and $400.00 for stallions. I would not, however, buy AMHR only because it is much more expensive to hardship them into AMHA. Reverse logic I know. When you look at it that way, AMHA is penalizing us for choosing A over R when we ultimately want double registered horses....go figure
wacko.gif

I voted AMHA because of the wording of the poll.

If there were identical horses, horse A who was registered AMHA only and horse B who was registered AMHR only, logistics tell me that horse A is the better deal.

I show mainly AMHR and if pushed for an answer would chose R over A AS A REGISTRY but that's not how the poll was worded.

A good horse is a good horse and will hold it's own no matter what but time and time again I"ve seen better R only horses bring less than A registered horses. I have less inquiries about my R only horses than the double.

I have spent the money registering my R horses into AMHA and even though I cough and sputter writing the check I do think it benifits me and my program and even at $600 a pop AMHA has MANY hardshipped in each year. Where as until AMHR uped the hardshipping fee they only had a few a year (information from a director).

Where as until AMHR uped the hardshipping fee they only had a few a year (information from a director).
Ok, since I brought this up I want to answer this.
wink.gif
When AMHR upped their hardship fee and closed the registry, it brought a panic that they would eventually close even the hardshipping from AMHA also. So yes, there was a rush and more people did jump in and register with AMHR where before they thought, why do today what I can put off til tomorrow? Now, it is iffy whether or not there will be a tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back