A photo from Aggie Days

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
Every year for as long as I can remember (I think about 25 years) we've taken Miniature Horses to Aggie Days for the school kids to see, and for the past 8 or 9 years I've been on the committee and organized the horse display.

Aggie Days is a program that teaches urban school children about agriculture and where their food comes from. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we had school groups come through, around 3000 kids each day, plus teachers and parent volunteers. On the weekend it's open the public for "Family Fun Days" and Saturday they're estimating we have between 17,000 and 18,000 people go through, and I didn't hear total numbers for today, but it seemed very similar to yesterday. Many strollers!
default_wink.png

Several times a day we do a demo (right after the sheep shearing and goat milking), and get the horses out and tell the kids about them. We have a draft horse (black Clydesdale), light horse (Norweigian Fjord), pony (Welsh pony) and Miniature Horse.

I love this picture of Hawk from this morning, showing off for the kids with my cousin.

14092_378357556882_125179066882_4171523_3048550_n.jpg

What a great concept Aggie Days is. Teaching our youth that food doesn't just come out of a can. It would definitely be fun to be able to participate in something like that. Looks like Hawk was enjoying himself too.

That is a nice shot of him! Love the concept of the whole show!

Thanks guys, Aggie Days is a pretty unique program, and it's completely free for the kids, only a $5 for adults on the weekend (and there's coupons in the paper so they can get in free as well!)

I think Hawk looks beeutiful here - but I've been known to be biased when it comes to Hawk. ;-)

Latest posts

Back