A lot of updates in life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Well, It's been a long time since I've posted over here, so I figured I would give everyone an update since a lot has changed lately. In the beginning of summer my husband and I were having some problems, and were separated briefly. I don't think I ever posted when we worked everything out, and he moved back home, but that happened over the summer as well.

We both talked things out, decided that we were both being unreasonable, and worked everything out. Well, fast forward a little. We're expecting in June. So far they said the due date is June 16th, but I think that will change once they do an exam and everything. I honestly have no clue what to expect. It just doesn't seem real. I can't believe it. I'm excited, I'm scared, I just don't know what to expect. Not sure what we will be doing as far as show season next year, I'm due right in the middle of it, so I dont know if i'll feel up to it. Maybe my hubby will learn to like halter, lol.

Doggoned it I hate it when tons of people read a post but nobody comments....

Just wanted to say congratulations wish you and hubby well with a baby on the way. As far as the shows are concerned, things have a way of working themselves out. I think a lot of us went through the "scared, excited, don't know what to expect" thing when we were expecting our first. You'll figure it all out as it happens.
default_wink.png

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. Do you know if it's a filly or colt?

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm so glad you worked things out with hubby! A big CONGRATULATIONS goes out to the soon to be new Mommy and Daddy!! I'm sure you will be wonderful parents!

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

Congrats how exciting for you. It is totally normal to be scared and excited and about a million other things all at the same time.

Granted it has been well 14 years since I was pregnant but I have friends who have recently all had babies and they all agree.. go get yourself the book what to expect when you are expecting it is wonderful and informative and lets you know what is normal ...

Enjoy this time even though I was sick and in the hosptial a lot while pregnant as silly as it sounds I really miss being pregnant- it truly is an amazing 9 months

That is exciting. Have you picked out names? What color will you paint the baby's room?

I am really happy that you guys have worked through your relationship issues. And now the news of a baby arriving! How thrilling for both of you. Congratulations

congrats on working your marriage out and your new arrival! I have always said its easier to get divorced and takes hard work to stay married. Hubby and I have been married 25 years now and its been some hard work but worth it.

And yes its very normal to be scared especially with the first one. Your body is going to go through a lot of changes. I always loved being pregnant. Especially months 4-6 because you just generally feel so good or at least I did.

Kay

We're not sure if it's a boy of girl yet, not quite that far along yet, but I can't wait to know.

Yesterday we went looking for an apartment. Right now we're still living in a room in my parents basement (last fall we were both sick, lost our good jobs, and couldn't afford the rent at the house we were living at) Theres simply no more room at my parents for the baby, and the basement really isn't suitable for one anyway so we went looking. Fortionately there are low income apartments literally around the block from my mom. They're pretty nice, I know a lot of people there and it's mostly single moms or young parents like us. It's about all we will be able to afford right now. At least it is within walking distance to my mom, who has already said she will take me to appointments if hubby has to work, and babysit etc. Also next to my mom is my great aunt, my great grandfather, and my uncle. The majority of my family all live on the same road.

The downside is that they dont currently have any open apartments, and said it may be near the end of my pregnancy before we get one. Moving later in pregnancy is going to be hard if I feel any worse than I do now
default_wacko.png

On the bright side, we do still have all our furniture from when we had our own house in storage, so thats a huge expense already taken care of. We'll just have to worry about getting furniture for the baby.

Congratulations! How exciting and scary and wonderful :) Best of luck with everything and be sure to keep us posted on your baby updates!

Well, for an update I spent about 6 hours in the Emergency room last night. I had vomiting (5 or 6 times) head aches with dizziness, and severe sharp cramps on my lower left abdomen. I also also found blood in my urine. The ER doctor said he didn't think that any of it had anything to do with my pregnancy and he thought I had a virus and kidney stones. I'm going to the OB tomorrow, Ill since those are also symptoms of a ectopic pregnancy...

Congrats!! Also, I have seen REALLY Pregnant women showing. However, I would not risk a horse blowing and getting hurt. What is most important is you and baby!!

Latest posts

Back