A formal thank you to Riverdance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Indian Acres

Reaction score
We still have a couple of mares to foal. But, the two foals that we least planned to keep if they were colts, were the only ones of my minis that produced colts! The foal that I most of all wanted to have be a filly was born yesterday, she is sired by Romeo who is now my daughters show gelding. We are going to name her "Last Chance for Romance" or something similar. lol I was hoping to get a filly to keep that was sired by him, and we got her. Most of my mares were bred to other outside stallions that I was hoping to keep fillies from, and all of those ones I was hoping for did turn out to be fillies! In the years to come I am looking forward to holding back potential geldings from my own stallions for showing so the Berry Fairy can just do what he/she wishes from this point at my farm. lol

Our count at this point is 5 fillies and 2 colts. We only lost one foal and have had no incidents with any of the mares period. While I still have a couple of mares to foal out, I would consider this a highly successful foaling season. I know we were lucky and blessed, and do not expect every foaling season to go off so easily.

So, thank you Riverdance for your Berry Fairy attack, and for not completely killing him/her because we will need it back around from time to time. lol Big thank you also to LKF for their wonderful breeding clinic. The information given out was priceless.

Carrie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I tried to keep him away, but he still managed to do sneak attacks on my farm. The final foal count here was 7 colts (lost one) and 5 fillies (one from a mare I bought in foal). So, out of my stallions 7 colts 4 fillies. About the same ratio I have gotten evey year for the last 5 years now. (this was out of 2 stallions this year, 3 or 4 stallions other years).

Glad I was able to keep him away for other farms.
default_xbud.gif

Maybe if I start now for next foaling seson, I will keep him away while breeding my mares.

This is for you berry fairy............
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

COngratulations on your filly
default_laugh.png

Man I wish you could have protected our farm too we have eight colts and only three fillies with only one mare left to go and I am actually hoping for a colt but I know I am going to get a filly
default_wacko.png
! O well I will be happy with a filly too as long as it is alive and kickin!

It is not my plan to start breeding Miniature Horses, I just happened to like/purchase two bred mares at a sale in November and I didn't care what I got as I really only wanted the mares. We got a filly out of the nicest mare and the other mare is still pregnant and holding. The three of us (myself, my husband, and my mother; the horses are my thing, but my husband and my mother enjoy the horses) are CERTAIN that it's going to be a colt, we just have that feeling. I will willingly fill a slot for the Berry Fairy this year to help protect someone else as I would actually prefer a colt out of this mare so that I can geld it. This mare shouldn't have been bred due to her less than great conformation (I bought her for her training).

Congrats on your filly!
default_laugh.png
Got pics?
Thank you! I am quite pleased with my filly, considering the poor quality of her sire. I think that my mare, her dam, is a very nice mare and has a lot of potential for showing and breeding, but I saw the stallion, her sire, and he was dreadful (no other way to put it, really). This was not a breeding that I was responsible for or approved of, my mare was already bred when I bought her at a sale.

My filly was born on the first day of Spring and, unfortunately, I have not taken any pictures of her since she was a couple of days old because I have been so busy. I need to take more pictures of her, she is maturing nicely.

She is standing downhill in both of these pictures:

Baby4.jpg

Baby5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back