A couple of photo of the GSD puppies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanH

Reaction score
Just an update of the babies for you all. I am just posting one of each color since there are 10.

Silver Sable Male (2 males)

i_ss_m1_2wks.jpg

Black/Silver Male (3 males, 1 female)

i_sb_m_2wks.jpg

White Female (2 males, 2 females)

i_white_F_2wks.jpg

They are getting really active now. Tonight one of them was even tugging on my pant leg wanting to be held. Enjoy!

Jean

They are just darling.......they grow so fast.

Here's a comparison - our new pup Chevy @ 16 weeks.

Hard to believe they can go from that size at 23 days to this

size in such a short time, huh?

Chevy9-27Ears.jpg

What kind of dogs are they? They are ADORABLE

They are just sooooooo adorable!

And wow chevy is awesome too!

Yeah, boy what a size difference in such a short time. It's amazing.

Oooh OOOH OOOH I"m in love with the black & silver male. But Devin and Tracey wouldn't be! OH rats. What are their bloodlines like?

I LOVE Chevy too my gosh he's a handsome boy. Just gorgeous.

Leese, they are GSD German Shephard Dogs. That's what you need. I'd love a whole pile of them but in this small house I couldn't move with another dog in here.

Oh duh I thought the title said LGD shows how much attention I pay

Are the white ones common?

These are German Shepherd Dog puppies. Their mom is a great granddaughter of Rin Tin VIII who is a 8th generation line bred decendent of Rin Tin Tin IV, the movie star. They are the old style GSD with the more level topline. Ilse is OFA good hips/normal elbows, and Max is prelim OFA good hip/normal elbows. Both sides of the pedigree are almost all OFA certified or PennHip tested so these puppies have the greatest chance of having no incidence of dysplasia. Max's sire is OFA certified excellent, and only 2.8% of all GSD's x-rayed are certified excellent. Both Ilse and Max are colored dogs, but they are both white factored since each has a white parent. These puppies "could" produce white puppies if they received a white gene from one of the parents. And you thought miniature horse color genetics were confusing. Throw in an occasional long coat gene that shows up.

White GSD's are fairly common. There are several National organizations that specifically register and show white GSD's. AKC will register a white GSD, but you cannot show it in a AKC conformation event. A white GSD can show in performance events for AKC. The UKC recognizes the white GSD and can be shown with colored dogs, or they can be shown as a rare breed, the White Shepherd. My white GSD, Heidi, is a UKC Champion, and is also registered AKC. White GSD's must have black pigment and blue/black skin. They can be pure white coated (as mine are) to having light buff or champagne on their ears and tail.

Nancy, Chevy is a beautiful puppy with an excellent ear set! You are right in how quickly they grow. My little guys are becoming very active wrestling around with each other. They bark and growl as they play. One even tugged on my pant leg last night when I was cleaning their box. Cute when they are little, not so cute when they are 80 lbs.! I just about die from love when they all greet me with little tails wagging.

My goal is to produce a dog with excellent structure, health and great temperment. The little sable male pictured has already been selected as a service dog prospect for a legally blind man here in Wyoming. He will go to his new home at 8 weeks.

Thanks for the questions and comments!

Jean

[SIZE=14pt]OOOOOOOOOOOO that white one!!!!! little polar bear.... I would love to have it![/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back