A bittersweet day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
Yesterday, by beloved Delilah, who I have always had great expectations of won Best of Breed over 2 specials....the bittersweet part comes with one of the specials being her Momma Moxie! And any of you who know me, or have read my posts, know how much Moxie means to me!!
default_wub.png

Under a judge who has ALWAYS liked Moxie (gave her her very first points as a 6 month old pup OVER a special), he had a long conversation with me WHILE I was showing Moxie, and pointed out WHY he liked Delilah better (all of the points I already knew and agree with)! When he told me he liked the class b*tch better, I told him Mox was her Mom.

So, Delilah is now 3 points shy of her Canadian Championship...now if only I could convince her that she *CAN* have fun when she's on a leash.....maybe then she'd hold her head up when she's in the ring
default_rolleyes.gif

(and why, oh why, do I always seem to be wearing a dark outfit when I get a win picture taken
default_wacko.png
)

DelilahBOB.jpg

You both look nicely outfitted to me. Congrats on your win (and hopefully your Canadian championship soon)!
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations! And I think you look very nice!

Well congratulations anyway!

I think you have every right to be proud of both as well as yourself.
default_smile.png

Liz

Thanks everyone!
default_smile.png

I was very happy! It was an interesting day! lol I've never had a conversation with a judge like that *while* I was being judged. It was very positive, and he always has an easy going way about him when he is judging. When I went for the picture, we had another long conversation. He asked if that was the first time Delilah had beaten her Mom. I told him it was, and she was from my first litter. He said that is how it should be...improving on what I have...that is a 'good breeder'. It made me appreciate the win that much more, as well as appreciate being judged by him that much more.

I love my Moxie...but I know she's not 'perfect'...I know where her faults lie. And I have said since Delilah started to really mature that she was a better dog than her Mom....so it doesn't surprise me....but I sooo wanted to show Moxie in Group under him!!! LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

Your bitch is beautiful Kathryn! I'd be proud to own and show her!
default_thumbup.gif

Woo Hoo Kathryn, dont be sad....this just means you are doing exactly what you are supposed to do, the children SHOULD be better than the parents. Thats our goal as breeders isnt it? We know Moxie is fabulous this just means that baby Delilah is Double Fabulous!

Lyn

Thanks again!

lyn, yes, you are absolutely correct! I hope Delilah behaves and shows her heart out for the US National in April!!!

Miss Delilah went to the chiropractor today and I found out she really hurt her ribs!
default_new_shocked.gif
I had no idea, but thought her movement was slightly tight the past couple of months. A friend saw her a couple of weekends ago and commented on it as well, so I knew it wasn't just in my head. So I called up the chiro doc and made the appointment....she was really really sore in her ribs on her one side (and when I thought back while I was in there, I remembered what happened, though she didn't show any 'signs' of anything wrong then), and threw her opposite hip out ever soo slightly.....now we have to do exercises so she doesn't 'lock up' on that side again

If it isn't one thing it's another!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

Congrats Kathryn! How awesome!

I've been away from the forum for about a year, so was thrilled to see your post! Your first litter had just been born about the time I stopped visiting as I recall, actually, I remember you had a houseful of bouncing corgis all over the place
default_wink.png

So awesome to hear of Delilah and her progress! You should be proud! You are doing what breeders should be doing!

I've got my little guy, he's almost 2 now, and we've STILL not done any showing (except a couple when he was a puppy), due to our life changes (you can see the thread asking about me to read about them if you are interested). I'm hoping with things settling down that I can focus on showing him next year. Now that we live on the other side of the state and don't have to cross mountain passes to get to the shows, it should be a lot easier to get to them!

Congrats again!!! I always enjoyed living vicariously through you!
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tremendous compliments. Congratulations on all the wins. We all know that Moxie is a great gal and to now have her daughter doing this well should have PROUD, PROUD, PROUD all over it!! (And I know you are)

Lucky you, you have them both. This win definately compliments mom, after all she had her
default_laugh.png
I'd say you have the best of both worlds. Just keep doing it. Producing better is what a good breeder wants -- Moxie is very happy.

Thank you both!!! I am very VERY proud of Delilah!!!

I can't wait to see what the owners of her father think in 2 weeks!! As well as what others in the fancy think of her at Nationals!!!
default_new_multi.gif

Kathy, check out my website if you want to see all the updates on the pups!
default_wink.png

http://www.esrohollow.com

~kathryn

I just checked out your site. How on earth did you get FIVE dogs to sit long enough for a portrait? LOL!!!!!

So after coming back to Lil Beginnings yesterday for the first time in a year or so and seeing your post about Delilah and Moxie, it reminded me of my forgotten dreams with my own corgi and inspired me! We are finally signed up to start obedience training next week!!! Thanks for the inspiration Kathyrn!

With our goals of relocating to the coast and opening up a business and then the kids getting involved in sports, my dream of competing with my Gryffyn got pushed aside. I'm reclaiming that now.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back