A BIG *TEARFUL*THANK YOU TO THIS FORUM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on your adorable TINY buckskin pinto colt!!!!

My friend, Amy, and I are both reading about your experience and relating to it. Both of us were wondering about how quickly the foal's cord was cut........ That is always a concern because of the exposure to bacteria with the placenta and cord exposed to the elements while still connected.

MA

Congratulations on your adorable TINY buckskin pinto colt!!!!
My friend, Amy, and I are both reading about your experience and relating to it. Both of us were wondering about how quickly the foal's cord was cut........ That is always a concern because of the exposure to bacteria with the placenta and cord exposed to the elements while still connected.

MA

Thanks!!!!! As soon as I moved him and momma back to the foaling stall I didn't cut it, but I held by his belly and then pulled it, so it would break more naturally and then I put iodine on it, so I would say within 5 minutes of him being born. He is for sure a cutie, and a real spitfire already.....mom is getting more and more protective over her little man......I am just so happy I was home and able to help him into this world...
default_wub.png
:

congratulations on a beautiful colt
default_wub.png
:

You brought tears of happiness to my eyes and made me think about all I have learned on this forum

thank god I have not yet had to go into action on the problems I've read about, but hoping I can do a job as good as you did if I do run into problems in the future.

again you just made me feel so thankful for all the experiences we can read on here and learn from

Thanks to Everyone here

Lori

:aktion033: How scary!! I could only imagine your fear. And then joy when everything turned out great.

Bless you and your baby. His pictures are so far the cutest I have seen of a new born. Thank you for sharing.

[SIZE=14pt]oh thank goodness everything turned out o.k.! congrats, he beautiful! Nikki[/SIZE]

:aktion033: Yay for a new baby and glad things turned out okay for you....l wish l would have known what a Red Bag was way back when when we had one and didn't know what to do and needlessly lost the foal..

OMG...is this the mare you were telling me about on the phone yesterday?? CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done and a beautiful little boy. :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: Corinne

I'm SO very happy for you. Your new baby is STUNNING :aktion033: :aktion033:

Job well done!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Give yourself a big pat on the back.....you didn't panic and you did what needed to be done. Congratulations on a very cute little colt! :bgrin

Congratulations! I've been there twice now, and if it wasn't for the Forum, I wouldn't have known what to do either.

Michele, I wanted to congratulate you on your new baby.

I am just devastated about Rainey and her baby. I can't quit crying. I think I should stop breeding cause bad things seem to happen to me. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Please continue to pray for her. Sheila

You were GREAT and he's gorgeous too!

I think I would have fainted! You are sooooo brave!

It is posts like this that remind me why we are here- even when we are bickering and whingeing!!!

I have survived about five red bags now- long before I even knew what they were I was dealing with them as they came- one of my mares does this routinely and I lost her fist foal because of it and her second at a year- Yes he lasted that long and seemed normal but there was oxygen deprivation and neurological damage.

Don't worry about this with your colt- although my colt was "normal" in that he could nurse and survive there were LOADS of indicators that all was not as it should be.

Congratulations on the both the foal and keeping your wits and you head level at a VERY stressful time.

The Forum cam give all the advice in the world but, without people sensible enough to implement it, advice is useless.

Well done, you!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on your new foal, he's a doll and congratulations on a level head and being there!
default_yes.gif
:

Back