A BIG *TEARFUL*THANK YOU TO THIS FORUM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I have read so many posts about Redbag deliveries from so many of you, and I had always kept in the back of my mind what to do in the case of one.............At 11:15am this morning I had my first one, my maiden mare went down, today is 342 days for her. I through on my mud boots and ran out, I had just turned her out in the turnout for awhile this morning, she was down pushing, I went to take a peek, and saw the red bag, my heart about jumped out of my chest, :new_shocked: I thought I need to open it, I tried with my fingernail, and you are right, it is not easy to tear, so I ran in the house to get a knife, and ran back out and cut it, immediately water squirted out, and I saw the white bubble, I thought oh please let it be positioned right, I saw a leg, then finally the head and other leg, I helped her get it out as she pushed I pulled down toward her hocks, out it came, I had pulled the sack off it's face as soon as I had it's nose clear, it's tongue was hanging out, and I was sooo nervous, then she pushed again, and I pulled and it slid right out, I started rubbing it with a towel not knowing if I was quick enough.......It shook it's head and was fine........
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: BLESS THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!! IF I had never read about other forum member's stories, I am not sure this would be so pleasant.........
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]IT IS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
: He looks to be a Buckskin pinto!!!!!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]342 days, I have been watching since 290 days, Nugget is a maiden mare & she is being a wonderful first time momma!!!! He has nursed & pooped.........I am so relieved![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Oh one more question, Is there anything different I should watch for on my mare after a red-bag? She is doing well, eating, I gave her a little banamine.......[/SIZE]

IMG_1800MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_1821MediumWebview.jpg

All dried, about 3 hours old........

IMG_1830MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_1858SmallWebview.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your handsome new colt - and So very Happy for you that it all worked out just fine!

JJay

Big Congratulations!! :aktion033: He is beautiful!

Also congratulations for a job well done! I know you were scare to death, but yep you did it!! :aktion033:

Now you can put your heart back in your chest as everythings going to be alright!
default_yes.gif
:

Joyce

Awwe. how sweet, he is beautiful!

This forum IS a great place and wealth of information! I'm glad that you had all the information you needed to help you through this!

~Karen

default_wub.png
: He is so cute. I am so glad you were that to help your mare and foal.

I love his colors.

Enjoy him

Oh he is so cute and tiny! Reminds me of when hope my one and only foal so far when she was born she is a 2year old this year!

Good job keeping your nerve going through your first Red bag

RNR

CONGRATS!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: What a hansome little man, thank goodness you were there!!

:aktion033: Way to GO! Job well done and isn't he so CUTE!
default_wub.png
: Same thing happened with my maiden Thera and this forum and it's sharing and knowlege saved us too! Congratulations on a great save!

Congratulations and good job - and thank goodness we have this wonderful Forum to go to for help and advise.

I would try to remember that this mare had a red-bag delivery -- it seems that if they do this once that they may have a tendency to repeat the experience.

:aktion033: Congrats!!!!! I can only imagine what you were feeling when you saw that redbag. Good for you for staying calm and getting the job done and saving a life! Gorgeous boy!

Yeah,,,,yeah,,,,,,you did great!!!!!!!

So glad all turned out well, he is just adorable!

Congrats to you all!

A big heartfelt congratulations to you - I am so happy you were there to help your mare, and your new baby boy is just beautiful!!!

Liz R.

Oh Thank You!!! I really needed a good story today and this is just the best news ever!
default_yes.gif
: I'm sure it was very scary, but congrats on keeping your cool and getting the job done! :aktion033:

It's just icing on the cake that he's so beautiful!!
default_wub.png
:

wow thats unreal :new_shocked: it must have been such a shock when you saw that red bag coming, im so happy for you that your gorgeous boy is ok
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033: :aktion033:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :saludando:
default_yes.gif
:

And YES...this Forum is the greatest thing on Earth...next to the horses of course...
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Aww congrats on your very handsome boy! I bet your heart was beating fast!!! I'm glad all went well for you a red bag is very scary.

Latest posts

Back