A 2nd LONG overdue HOWDY and an Update ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity_Acres

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Howdy Ya'll!![/SIZE]

Once again it's been SO LONG since I've been on the forum. It feels like forever! I feel so out of touch with all the "going's on".
default_sad.png

I had posted back in mid December about chronic pain in my shoulder arm and neck. The Xrays showed degeneration in my neck. Well, I've been doing physical therapy and more drugs and have been banned from cleaning stalls.
default_sad.png
(I'm one of those sickos who actually enjoys doing chores) Unfortunately, nothing has eliminated the pain. My doctor ordered an MRI and the results weren't good. She is sending me to see a neurosurgeon. Long story, short.... I am quite possibly facing surgery on my neck. I'm going to the surgeon on February 26th. I have 4 bad disks in my neck and one is moderate to severe. They are pressing against my spinal cord and the nerves. Along with that they found arthritis in my spine that is also pressing against my spinal cord. So far, all physical therapy has done is give me back some range of motion in my neck. However I still have a lot of pain and tingling in my arm and fingers. This all started back in October and I've grown very frustrated with my limitations. It's affecting my ability to work at my regular job, my graphics business and really taking it's toll on my spirits...

This brings me to a very tough decision. Many of you know that I've been doing logos and graphics work to help support our petting farm ministry to the elderly. (Thank you again to everyone who has been a part of that ministry. Your support has truly blessed the elderly.) Like I said in my earlier post, the logos, business cards, banners etc. help to finance the petting farm during the winter months when it's too cold to set up. (Li'l old folks don't like to go outside in sub zero temperatures...Can I get an AMEN??? :Cold-Scared )

I've always strived for a quick turn-around and honest reliable customer service. But honestly... I haven't been able to keep up with that reputation lately. I've worked so hard to achieve a good dependable name and it really bothers me that my turn-around time can be months now...instead of a week or two. Sadly, it's forcing me to realize the scope of things. I struggled with whether or not to keep going. But I'm not helping my physical situation by pushing myself. This weekend, I finally came to the decision that I need to "temporarily retire". Sadly, I'm not going to be able to take on any new clients for a while.
default_bye-sad.gif
I still have a few clients that I've promised logos...and I will finish those. (To those who are still waiting....Thank you for your patience!!) Once I complete those... I'll be parking my mouse for a while.
default_no.gif
The future of Trinity Acres Petting Farm hangs in limbo right now.I'm not sure what we'll do this year. However, we are letting go of a few of our critters to help ease the financial burden as well as the chore load. I'm trusting God to provide for our financial needs. He has always proven faithful. We'll know more what the future holds for Trinity Acres after we meet with the surgeon the 26th. Then depending on what he says will determine whether or not we'll keep Trinity Acres running this year or if we just take the summer off.

So, I would covet your prayers as we meet with the surgeon. I want to have a clear understanding of what is best for me in the long run. I don't handle limitations very well. (Ask my hubby!!
default_wink.png
) I've heard wonderful things about this surgeon. He's the best in our area. I would appreciate your prayers more than you know. I'm very tired and its bringing me down. Just what are the perks of "aging"?????
default_crybaby.gif

I'll post again after we meet with the doc and let you know what he says. Until then, THANK YOU for your prayers!! May God bless you!

Janine

Janine!!! Hello my friend it's so good to "see" you again! I am so sorry you are going thru some rough times physically. I can imagine how frustrating it can be to be out of commission and wanting to do so much...the things that you love to do. I like your spirit and how you elude to putting things on the back burner for now and seeing where things go before you make an ultimate decision. Know that I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you the best of luck with your surgeon. May God hold you in His healing hands and you come out of this like a brand new gal! Prayers for you, and your wonderful Trinity Acres. God Bless!

Dear Janine,

Remember "all things are possible to God". Back in 1982 I was in a bad car accident. I didn't have my seat belt on, and went through the windshield, rolled down the street and ran into the curb. I was in the hospital for quite a long time and they weren't sure if I'd ever walk again. I had knee, back and neck damage. Well, here I am... doing fine these days. Sure I have a few bad days, but I tell the kids, I sing to the angels to get past it.

Our dear friend Dee was a QH jockey and a horse flipped over on top of her. It took many hours to pull the horse off of her, she was unconscious for the longest time, followed by a six mo. coma. Dee is running around today, not always comfortable, but nothing stops the woman. She broke most of the bones on one side.

I just wanted you to know, that you are in our prayers, and that leaving it all in God's hands is the best thing you can do. Also, as I've had two C-sections, gaul bladder out, knee surgery... etc... I have learned to pray for the doctor as much as you pray for yourself. It's amazing the results.

God Bless,

Lynn W

P.S. When you get back to business, please let me know!

[SIZE=8pt]Janine,[/SIZE]

I'm So so sorry!
default_sad.png

I know that I don't know you, But I do know that you are definatley in my Prayers!

My mother fell off her horse, When the horse tripped in a rabbit hole, going down a very steep hill on a hunt.

The horse rolled, Falling on top of her.

She broke her back, And many other bones, And the doctor said she may never walk again.

Well..Now she is back to normal..Walking..And even horse riding again!

Miricals do happen!

I hope you recover quickly, And that Trinity Acres has alot of good luck and fortune for you.

Lots of love, and huggs sent from down this way!

XOX

SS.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Janine!

I hate to hear all this bad news. So far, this New Year has not been very good to many here, but that does leave plenty of months ahead for it to turn around with a happy ending for all. Your talent will be greatly missed, but not to worry; your faithful customers as well as plenty of new ones will still be around when you are ready and recovered and your business will be booming again. Right now you have to focus on your surgery and getting yourself out of pain and that's the important thing. You have taken care of so many; take care of you dear friend.

PS: I love my logo so much I put it on everything........Many Hugs to you ((((((( ))))))

Janine --

You have my prayers!!!!

Your work is so appreciated by me! I can't even say how much your design work has helped me and how proud of it I am
default_wub.png

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Janine,

I'm sorry to hear about the possible surgery, but glad you're exploring all your options. You'll be in my prayers!
default_wub.png

I really appreciate all the wonderful work you did on my logo and business cards! I get lots of compliments and I know it's helped me keep a more "professional" image up.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for everything and please keep us posted.

[SIZE=12pt]I hope things start to improve for you soon. I would encourage you to seek out a REPUTABLE Chiropractor. I know your case is much more severe, but after years of chronic pain, my Chiro has resolved it and I am living a MUCH happier, pain free life (at least as far as my neck and back~LOL). The x-rays showed my spine shaped into an S, with significant degeneration in my neck (thus the sereve daily headaches). It took a few months (going 3 x week) for the relief to last past teh next visit, but it has and was SO worth taking a chance![/SIZE]

My daughter was in an automobile accident a few years ago and has been suffering from very frequent debilitating headaches for a couple years now. Recently she found out she has no cartiledge between two vertebra (it was bone rubbing against bone). She went to a pain management clinic where they gave her shots (wish I could tell you what they were) and has been almost totally pain free for 2 months now. Whatever course of action is necessary for you, my sincere wish is that your recovery will once again allow you to do the things you love.

Oh no, that is too bad. I sure hope you are able to get back to what you enjoy doing so much, after you have been whipped back into A-1 shape again!
default_wink.png
Best of luck!
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support. I appreciate it. After weeks of chiropractic and PT, I'm feeling pretty frustrated and defeated. I just want to be done with this. I'll be sure to update ya'll once we know more. Thanks so much for your prayers. God IS able!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

May God bless with a full and speedy recovery.

Hello! I've been kinda in the same situation as you. Rotator cuff injury (due to the big horses) and I got real down (due to other things too) do as much as you can without injuring yourself and hopefully after surgery and therapy you can be back to yourself again soon. Hopefully most people will understand why you got behind.

Awe, Janine, sweetie, you know you are in my prayers. Always! So sorry you are still hurting so much.

I hope things get better. I am hopful they find something that can help.

Back