75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.. I am sorry, I got the names confused!!
default_wacko.png
: My mistake...
I should have posted a little more clearly. My appologies too! :eek:

He is in Wellington, ks. And when this all takes place his website is here for all to see updates and stuff with the minis if that is where they go.
default_wink.png
:

UPDATE

This just to let you all know that Jess is again in contact with the Sheriff. He is willing to work with us but as you all know by now, things take time. I can tell you that the minis are being fed and watered under the supervision of the Sheriffs dept. We are having a briefing tonight and hopefully I'll be able to post more later.

Thank you for your patience.

Ginny, President, CMHR

:aktion033: YAY! Looking forward to hearing more! :aktion033:

UPDATE

This just to let you all know that Jess is again in contact with the Sheriff. He is willing to work with us but as you all know by now, things take time. I can tell you that the minis are being fed and watered under the supervision of the Sheriffs dept. We are having a briefing tonight and hopefully I'll be able to post more later.

Thank you for your patience.

Ginny, President, CMHR

Sorry this is so late....long meeting

As I said, the minis are now being cared for under the supervision of the Sheriffs dept. The Sheriff has advised us that he is talking to Mr Trembly and atempting to get him to surrender his minis to CMHR. We are pretty sure that at least 53 minis will have to leave his farm as he is over what the state allows for pasture for that many horses. Since nothing is absolutely sure on anything, we are trying to tentatively make arrangements to go in next weekend. and rescue as many as we are allowed to do. I urge all of you to NOT try to contact the Sheriff, he is working well with Jess and we don't want to rock the boat. Also, PLEASE do not call Mr Trembly, we want him to work with us too. A grateful person is so much easier to work with than a POd one.

Hopefully we will know by Tues when and if we can go in. All Foster volunteers will be contacted by Shannon and she will send out Foster/Adopt applications by email that will have to be returned to her before we can release any minis into your custody. We have to do this by the book or we will have a great mess on our hands. Speaking of messes, all volunteers had better dress in old clothes and come prepared to work. It will not be easy to roundup over 100 minis that have not been handled in a long time. So any of you that have panels please bring them. If all goes well, Jess and I plan to be there from Friday through Monday to accomodate peoples schedules. Most of the round up and assignments of fosters will be done on the weekend. You will be on your own for food, water and shelter. Wish I could fit all of you in my Motel room (if there is one)!! LOL

The Vet Report basically stated that the minis were very skinny but not yet in danger of starving to death. I guess he didn't see what I saw in those pictures. We have no idea if we will get the registrations for any of the minis, it will depend on Mr Trembly but we will attempt to get them. If we only get to take the 53 minis we will try to get those in the most need, but covering 80 acres will be difficult to sway the least. I have a couple of mares I have a hard time catching in a pen.!

If any further updates come in, I'll post here immediately.

Thank you

Ginny

LOL, thank you Ginny for the update. I sure wish I was closer to be able to help out!! I hope things go well and even if you take the 55 or so, that is about half? That would be a great help and lighten Mr. Trembly's load there. Perhaps it is just too much for him any more, and he should just keep a few for his pony rides, etc.... that he can keep up on. How is he going to worm them if they are wild and cant be caught and he has no help or panels? I think he has just gotten overwhelmed.

Boy, I wish I was close enough to help too. Maybe you can use some riding horses to round them up? 80 acres is a huge area!

Thanks for the update Ginny, and GOOD LUCK to everyone participating. Sounds like it will be quite the task, and I hope maybe things will go better than expected. I bet rattling some grain in a pail and luring them into a catch pen will work like a charm! Wish I could be there to help. And Jayne, GREAT idea about rounding them up on a horse! Maybe someone that is planning to help has a horse they can use that is used to that type of thing??? Again, good Luck to all!

Just thinking that if the horses are being fed now (which is GREAT news) it may not be too difficult to gather them......as long as there's a smaller (less than 80acres) area to gather them in. If so, is it possible that the people who are feeding them now could get them used to being fed in that smaller area?

Great news on the feeding for those little ones! And on the potential round up next weekend.

I'm wondering if the vet missed seeing the worst ones? From the pictures I'd guess some of those little horses were a body score of [SIZE=14pt]1[/SIZE] !!??!! :new_shocked:

I sure wish we were available to help.
default_sad.png
We have to leave here on the 26th and don't return till the 7th.

I need to know.....is it permissible from the point of CMHR to set up collection jars at World? I haven't asked the AMHA office yet. Is it permissible to use one of the pictures posted here?

Charlotte

default_yes.gif
:

First of all, Charlotte "if it is allowed" to take donations on the behalf of the horses at the show I think

that would be wonderful. I think for one thing there is going to have to be a lot of halters and leads which

it sounds like people will need in advance of the show.

That is just one thing of course.

Also, I emailed the owners of a quarantine facility, that we have used for oversees buyers, and asked

for some recommendations on what precautions we should take in order to keep our own horses

safe from disease, etc. Of course we don't know what we are facing in regards to the horses, but

I know we all want our own horses quarantined from the one's we provide foster care for. I got

some great advice back from the quarantine facility this morning and would be happy to share it

with any potential foster farms. I also asked my vet about risks and he said that if the Uniontown

herd is a closed herd we should be okay. Meaning the owner wasn't bringing in horses from the

outside. If anyone would like to receive the recommendations that I got from the quarantine

facility, "in advance" of the potential rescue, feel free to contact me. I would be happy to provide

the information to the CMHR group if they wish to have it as well, however, I imagine you already

know what is involved because of past rescue's. If any of you have some advise to pass on that

would be great. I think it is vital that we all know how to handle the needs of the rescue horses,

but to keep our own horses in good health at the same time.

It is good to hear that things are moving along.

Some of us are going to the World Show so things will need to happen soon.

Janet

Thanks for the update Ginny, and GOOD LUCK to everyone participating. Sounds like it will be quite the task, and I hope maybe things will go better than expected. I bet rattling some grain in a pail and luring them into a catch pen will work like a charm! Wish I could be there to help. And Jayne, GREAT idea about rounding them up on a horse! Maybe someone that is planning to help has a horse they can use that is used to that type of thing??? Again, good Luck to all!

We do have a side by side Prowler, kind of like a mule that we check our horses with in the pasture, and a 4 wheeler, I already mentioned to Shannon if we need to bring it, if the horses are on 80 acres we might need something like that.

Unless they are able to coral the ones to be surrendered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for keeping us all informed as to the progress of the minis in need.

Is it possible to post the suggestions by the quarantine facility or would that best be addressed individually?

Looking forward to more good news
default_yes.gif
:

Peggy

Alba Hurst Miniature Horse Ranch

Charlotte, yes, Gini already responded to your request about taking donations at Worlds. She said YES, they would love to get donations from anyone willing!! So have fun running around to all exhibitors with your collection tin!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

thanks Mona....checking with AMHA now. I didn't see the previous answer

Chrlotte

P.S. I asked MY DIRECTOR!!! about this....you know how hard it can be to contact those folks sometimes, but since I was standing right in front of him with a lunge whip ..... he said he didn't know the rules of the facility and AMHA so I'm going over his head!

Janet, I've often wondered about bringing home "strangers" and keeping my own horses safe. I, for one, would really appreciate it if you would post the information you received. I can't get any of the Kansas horses because I'm out of state.....but who knows what the future brings.

Janet, if you could post the Quaranteen info here, that would be great. Marty is making a brochure on the "Care and Feeding of a Starving Horse" to be given out at the site. So we should be covered there.

KSCowgirl, A Prowler would be great. I have a gold cart but don't think it would be much good on the rough pasture. Besides my truck will be full of panels! Sp Please, bring it.

Ginny

charlotte

cmhr has done fundraisers every year at amha with the blessing of amha. We usually go thru Allison. This year unfortunately no one from cmhr could be there. If you email allison I am sure she will confirm that its okay
default_smile.png

kay

All Foster volunteers will be contacted by Shannon and she will send out Foster/Adopt applications by email that will have to be returned to her before we can release any minis into your custody.

Most of the round up and assignments of fosters will be done on the weekend.

We have no idea if we will get the registrations for any of the minis, it will depend on Mr Trembly but we will attempt to get them.
If the foster/adopt applications need filled out, I was told then we all have to become members under CMHR in order to foster horses under CMHR?! If this is the case then the membership is $25 (lifetime).

This should have been mentioned sooner that just barely a week before the potential rescue.

?'s from five potential foster homes in Kansas:

What are the stipulations per fencing, shelter, etc... We need to know this so that these modifications can be made prior to...If we are able to do so in such a short period of time?

Is there going to be any funding that has been donated, sent to the foster homes for assistance...especially with winter just around the corner? There is not that much hay available in our State to purchase and where there is, it isn't cheap?

Where is CMHR going to keep the minis prior to their dispersal to foster homes? What is going to happen to the other's that aren't foster, per not enough homes; where they can't leave the state?

Will the minis be delivered to the appropriate foster homes? Do the potential foster homes need to be present to pick a few that would suit their care and be appropriate to be penned together?

Thank you! And if you have any other pertinent information that we may need to know, please share so that we may be prepared to help or if we realize we aren't going to be able to foster due to all the new regulations!

:eek:fftopic:{Where did these horses' registrations become important? I don't think that is of any concern in caring for them. Just in someone's future attempt to breed to them.}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back