75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be tough to place that many for temporary care when limited to one state.

Mini_lover, my offer still exists for up to 20 if it can be arranged. I too am leaving for Worlds next week, but I'll have my computer and cell phone (you have the number). If physical help is what is needed I may be able to talk our barn manager (21 years old and a strong back! :aktion033: ) in to heading down there to help. I'll talk to him and see what he thinks.

Mini_lover, my offer still exists for up to 20 if it can be arranged. I too am leaving for Worlds next week, but I'll have my computer and cell phone (you have the number). If physical help is what is needed I may be able to talk our barn manager (21 years old and a strong back! :aktion033: ) in to heading down there to help. I'll talk to him and see what he thinks.
[SIZE=14pt]Thanks Parmela, I have all of your info and we'll be in touch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for all of your hard work Jess, Ginny and Gini!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]If you have supplies to donate...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you live in Kansas and will be able to foster a mini or two...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you can drive to Uniontown to help round up minis...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you have a trailer and can help with transport... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Please send me an email if you haven't already so that I can get you on our list of what services will be available when we are given the go ahead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt][email protected] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Include your name, your location, contact numbers, forum name and how you would like to help, whether it be donating supplies, fostering, transport... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Like Ginny said, this is HUGE, we are going to need all the funds and help available on this one! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]A million thanks,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon Todd Hobbs[/SIZE]

Ginny Thank you for the update. Glad to hear..though it will be slow...that the minis will get the help they need.

UPDATE for Thursday

We could not track down the Sherriff today. He has not responded to Jesses phone calls. So it is still a matter of hurry up and wait. Jeez, I hate this as I know all of you do too. We are going ahead with making virtual plans. Anyone that will be coming will need to bring their own food and water to use while we are at the farm. Again any donations of Farrier, food, halters, leads, panels, wormers etc just anything you know a mini will needis greatly appreciated.

We will start again early in the morning trying to contact the Sherriff and find out what the Vet Report has to say and what we can do. So, please bear with us. Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow that we have succeded. Lots of prayers at this point will help.

Thank you and sorry I don't have better news.

Ginny, President CMHR

Thanks Ginny and that saddens me that no one has had a response. I hope something can be done soon.

That also spoke loudly to me too that the vet would not write certificates for any horses to go out of state. Interesting.....

CharlotteCMHR will not have our regular booth at Worlds this year. We were unable to do either Nationals or Worlds.

We will be there next year at both. Please if you wish to donate use CMHR's paypal and or send donations

to

CMHR

16340 N Coronado View Rd

Tucson, AZ 85739.

Thank you all for your help and understanding with these horses.

Gini
Perhaps those of us going to World can take up donations? There will certainly be lots of people there and if we get the word out, I know people will open their pocket books (and hearts!)

This is going to be a bad one. Again I say a red flag here is going to be numerous "bodies" needed to care for these horses daily. Volunteers may come forward now but it's going to get old fast on many, so recruiting people to help the on going care is not going to be that easy. We need one heck of a huge plan in place for this because it will become a problem since the horses cannot leave the state. If coggins can be pulled immediately, for the ones that are well enough to travel that will help get them out of the state to be divied up among foster homes that must faster.

This is going to be a bad one. Again I say a red flag here is going to be numerous "bodies" needed to care for these horses daily. Volunteers may come forward now but it's going to get old fast on many, so recruiting people to help the on going care is not going to be that easy. We need one heck of a huge plan in place for this because it will become a problem since the horses cannot leave the state. If coggins can be pulled immediately, for the ones that are well enough to travel that will help get them out of the state to be divied up among foster homes that must faster.
Marty from what we've seen on a lot of the pictures they are not sound enough to travel out of state. We just want everyone that takes these horses in to use precautions by quaranteening those that they foster.

My heart goes out to these horses. Please if you live in Kansas get ahold of Shannon Todd, CMHR Secretary and let her know what you can do to help.

As said in Ginny's post halters, leads, wormers, farrier help will be appreciated by all. This rescue could be on us in less that a days notice and we need to be prepared.

Thank you again for supporting the rescue of these miniatures.

CharlotteCMHR will not have our regular booth at Worlds this year. We were unable to do either Nationals or Worlds.

We will be there next year at both. Please if you wish to donate use CMHR's paypal and or send donations

to

CMHR

16340 N Coronado View Rd

Tucson, AZ 85739.

Thank you all for your help and understanding with these horses.

Gini
Perhaps those of us going to World can take up donations? There will certainly be lots of people there and if we get the word out, I know people will open their pocket books (and hearts!)
Charlotte if any one and everyone could help out that way it would be awesome! Everyone have a wonderful sucessful Worlds.

CMHR will be their next year!!!!

Gini

That is sick, the things some people do to minis, its sick and wrong, i wish i lived closer so i could help more! im pray for the little horses
default_wub.png
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Still no word....

Yes please, anyone going to Worlds PLEASE get the word out. Any kind of Donation will be greatly appreciated!

Stormy, please email me at [email protected] I couldn't respond to your PM

Thank you all Ginny (who is sitting on pins and needles)

As I had said in a previous post I would be able to foster prob. 2 but I also said I thought they would "DIE" on the trip to Nevada. These horses are in Deplorable shape and how the vet could possibly say that they were not in "eminent danger" is WAY beyond my ability to understand. But the we got a Japanese Chin (dog) from a kennel in CO and she came with a health cert. and that dog was SKIN AND BONES. How a vet could say she was healthy? He had to have not seen her. What is wrong with the vets of today?

Interesting....I just looked up the word "imminent". Found these definitions:

Likely to occur at any moment.

Near, at hand.

About to occur.

Close in time.

Likely to happen very soon.

Sure hope we hear something soon.

This is just a thought but has anybody made contact with Victor McMullen in the last day or so? I can't help but wonder if the sheriff has made further contact with him. This might be a possibility given that they had contact a couple of days ago as per an earlier post on this thread. Given too that he is a recognized rescue organisation in Kansas the authorities might have decided to just deal with him and leave further communication up to the various other rescues that may be involved. Just a thought I had while looking at the clock and remembering that the sheriff will be off duty soon until Monday.

This is just a thought but has anybody made contact with Victor McMullen in the last day or so? I can't help but wonder if the sheriff has made further contact with him. This might be a possibility given that they had contact a couple of days ago as per an earlier post on this thread. Given too that he is a recognized rescue organisation in Kansas the authorities might have decided to just deal with him and leave further communication up to the various other rescues that may be involved. Just a thought I had while looking at the clock and remembering that the sheriff will be off duty soon until Monday.
I found victor mcmullen's website and it is located in Wellington, ks...although his phone number is in Derby.

So I am not sure where he is located, but here is his website if anyone would like to browse.

http://www.southernwindsequinerescue.org/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading that someone mentioned Victor's name I thought that I would post

so that you would know what his involvement is at this time.

I have been keeping in contact with Jess, VP of CMHR. He and Victor are also

keeping in contact with each other during this waiting period. I can assure you that

both of them are working on this situation. While talking with Jess it is obvious that he

loves minis and he is determined to help these horses. He is a good representative for

CMHR and I trust that he will get it done. When you have to do things with the legal

system involved it can take time, but the thought is we will know something soon.

It will be a glorious day when we all know that these minis are being taken care of!

Janet

Oh.. I am sorry, I got the names confused!!
default_wacko.png
: My mistake...
That's easy to do...just like all the people that get Mary Lou and Mona mixed up. You get two uncommon names beginning with the same letter, that are working together, and they get easily mixed up.
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks Janet. I didn't know that Victor and Jess were already communicating. So the wait continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back