75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KSMinis15.jpg

KI'm having a problem putting more than one picture at a time so if you'll bear with me! I'll do it one post at a time.

This is when I started putting out water, they all came running, at least the ones that could run.

KSMinis10.jpg

KSMinis11.jpg

I wish the sheriff, etc. would step up and do something real for them.

Nope, forget that. He's not going to do a thing. He proved that.

And oh by the way, this owner is not any poor little helpless old man by no means.

He has money and is living some 30 odd miles away from this farm with his girlfriend.

Wow i am outraged at the moron sherriff and sir I hope you are reading this!

I say time to get the media out there and please no one in KS obviously they have no idea what they are doing. Say 20/20 ect national media must be notified now and notifed over and over again until someone listens. Try contacting and sending pictures to your local ABC-CBS- NBC affiliate if you happen to be in a state that cares more about animals and perhaps they to can help get something done what a disgrace and to anyone who is "helping" out Mr Trembly by giving him info and plans that the rescue and others have to help HIS HORSES

Shame on you!

What about a state vet? IS KS a brand inspection state? that is a place to start

Was CMHR able to discuss the "findings" of the vet, or speak with her to find out what was actually IN the report?? Did she share the same story about the condition of the horses, as the Sheriff said?

Lisa we had forum members contact Kansas media and so far no one will take this story.

I am presently working on Nationwide media.

The State Vet I spoke to him too is completely out of this and has no bearing on this case as the horses have not been deemed sick with a contageous disease. He cannot help us.

I am flipping out because of so much red stupid tape and these horses must be out of there NOW as winter is dead ahead and we have no time to waste we need help so bad from someplace now so that is why we are back here pulling out all the stops in hopes all you guys will freak out and MAKE SOME NOISE to everyone you can think of.

OK, sorry for all the questions, but I look at those poor skeletons there and more question come to mind. I am wondering...I thought to get a health certificate to move horses across state lines etc., that the health papers basically just state that the horse appears to be free of disease etc. Are you sure we cannot get some of these horses out of there??? Won;t they sign papers even though they are terribly thin, as long as they are apparently disease free??

I don't know Mona, I don't know. Right now we don't have a way of getting them released to our Kansas fosters and that's our first problem to address. I'm very worried that if the Sheriff gets his dander up enough and fed up with the whole thing he could go out there and use them for target practice before we can get a surrender out of him. I just don't know what to think really. He has lied to us repeatedly and hid from Ginny and Jess so who's to say where his really is at with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know Mona, I don't know. Right now we don't have a way of getting them released to our Kansas fosters and that's our first problem to address.
Marty, at this point, I think many of us would be willing to go and get a few each to get them the heck out of there before they DIE, even if it meant buying them!! BUT, I need to know about health papers first. Did anyone from CMHR speak to the vet? Or is it all hearsay through that crooked Sheriff???

Ok so to CMHR BOD what exactly do you want us to do and how can we help?

Before we all go running around like headless chickens and perhaps causing more damage.. after taking a deep breath and regaining composure I realized that we all need to work togther with a plan and that plan needs to be in line with CMHR to get things done so you tell us where do we go from here?

And by the way thank you so much for going there and going thru that to help those poor minis

Mona, how we going to get them? Just show up and open the gates and load them up? Isn't that horse stealing last time I checked. That is he problem. We have no persmisson to take the horses. Permission only comes from the Sherrif and he will not give it.

YES I spoke directly to Dr. Grey's office/med assistant to confirm because I no longer believed anything the SO told me so I called myself. Dr. Grey was in surgery and she confirmed that Dr. Grey went out there at the Sheriff's request and made a report. She told me Dr. Grey was VERY disturbed and said on her report that EVERY SINGLE horse out there needs veternary assistance. Dr. Greys assistant also offered to adopt a couple of minis on her own by the way she was that upset and outraged.

These horses according to THIS CHART would score only a ONE on the body score scale. These horses ARE in imminent danger!!! I cannot see how any reputable vet could see/say anything otherwise!!!

Marty has anyone who has seen this first hand contacted Bourbon county commissioners? Many should be up for re election soon and well this might not sit well with constituents.

Also contact USDA either in the county or the kansas state usda office. Kansas has a STATE vet and a letter to him is in order.

I am saddened to see and hear that it is as bad as it is. I am glad to have first hand information as second and third hand is less useful. I also understand the need to work within the system in place even if that system is broken at best. It is best if the people with first hand knowledge contact the above mentioned people and THEN let them know that there are others who want to see the situation rectified....at that point the general public making an assault will have more effect.

Mona, how we going to get them? Just show up and open the gates and load them up? Isn't that horse stealing last time I checked. That is he problem. We have no persmisson to take the horses. Permission only comes from the Sherrif and he will not give it.

Marty, I am not in the mood!!! Did I say ANYTHING at all about YOU going and getting them??? Did I say ANYTHING about STEALING them???? Did you not read where I mentioned individuals BUYING a few to get them the heck out of there??? This whole darn thing sickens me as I am sure it sickens everyone!! Please do not jump to conclusions about what I am saying...please RAD what I type.

YES I spoke directly to Dr. Grey's office/med assistant to confirm because I no longer believed anything the SO told me so I called myself. Dr. Grey was in surgery and she confirmed that Dr. Grey went out there at the Sheriff's request and made a report. She told me Dr. Grey was VERY disturbed and said on her report that EVERY SINGLE horse out there needs veternary assistance. Dr. Greys assistant also offered to adopt a couple of minis on her own by the way she was that upset and outraged.
So it is anopther BIG FAT LIE by the sheriff then that the vet said they were not in imminent danger?

Yes Mona I 'm sorry that was snippy of me and not the way it was supposed to come out I'm sorry. Mona I wish the Sheriff would have come out of his hole and spoke to Ginny in person. Maybe she could have gotten somewhere if they had a meeting. It could have changed things maybe I don't know. She went all that way and no Sherrif around.

So it is anopther BIG FAT LIE by the sheriff then that the vet said they were not in imminent danger?

Yes, another lie that is why I had to call Dr. Grey's office myself. You cannot get the truth out of the Sheriff and his Deputy sidekick the junior liar.

Ok so to CMHR BOD what exactly do you want us to do and how can we help?

I honestly don't know~!

Don't think for one minute that I haven't thought about a great big convoy of stock trailers go up there and start loading up horses........Wish I knew where my old rodeo buddies were I swear

All I can think of is for everyone to keep calling all kinds of media all over the state of Kansas and make some noise until someone will go out there and start filming.

We are waiting on Ronni to make the complaint at the DA and I'm waiting to hear something back on going Nationwide media and I really hate waiting waiting waiting like this anymore .

I'm very worried that if the Sheriff gets his dander up enough and fed up with the whole thing he could go out there and use them for target practice before we can get a surrender out of him.
Well it just may be more humane than letting him make them all suffer they way he is doing now!

Does anyone know if Vern Trembly has e-mail or anything like that -- I know the contact phone number was originally listed. But if it is a matter of trying to purchase some to try and get them out of the condition I would think phone or e-mail would be a good way to start for sure.. So just wondered if anyone knew of an e-mail or anything like that??

Thanks!

We NEVER should have been led to believe by some that it was best to shut up and let it be.!! :no: :no: Why anyone believed that sherriff to start with was a huge mistake. How many more mistakes can be made before these little guys lay down and die??? :eek: :eek: So some one notified PETA? What can they do about anything more than CMHR? I personally think everyone should be called in on this and create such a stir that the Sherrif will have to surrender.....but on the other hand, has anyone talked with Mr T. to see if he will allow someone to bring in dewormers, vacinations etc. and nutrious food for them? Just because he has money doesn't mean he will use it on those "loved" minis of his. Is there any law in putting nutrious food over the fence to the horses without Mr T's permission. Is there any way to have local people form a protest group and protest not only at the sherrifs office but also at Mr T's place. I just know that not enough news outlets were contacted before we were told to stop and let CMHR handle this and I do believe there is some news person out there that would go and do a report, especially if a group were set up to show the deep concern of these little guys. This is just plain disgusting to see this continue on ....where is the person who said they had a relative that was a reporter or such and could possibly do something with this? I am sick of having nightmares over these little guys and the new pictures are heartbreaking ...God help them, because this land of the brave and the free is letting this go on.! Mary

There is no time to wait anymore.... it's time to push and push HARD. Who is the governor of the state of Kansas? I am going to cross-post on every horse forum I can think of, I am going to ask all to contact dateline NBC, no waiting now, 50/50, etc. etc. etc. I don't think this sherriff will like being put in the lime-light with this horrendous situation that HE has done nothing about, He won't look too darn good and so he should look like the uncaring individual he is, the same goes for the owner. When I get back to work on Tuesday, long weekend here, I am going to post this on the government website and ask all to contact the media (dateline, 50/50, etc. etc). Start getting EVERYONE you know to email, write, etc. They may be able to ignore a few hundred, but they won't be able to ignore a few thousand. I am staring right now! So Mr. Sheriff and Mr. Trembly, I hope you are ready to be put in the lime-light....I wonder if anyone, a person, has ever tried taking a owner to court, on behalf of the horses, and suing them... that would be interesting, representing those that don't have a voice.

Hello, I am one of the Kansas fosters.I just emailed the humane society of Kansas.Has any one contacted them? I do not remember at this point if they know about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back