6 year old Grand daughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Well, she has done some showing with our minis and now riding our Paso Fino
She told Papa if the mini show did stuff like this she would like it better.
She does not like the halter showing but loves the excitement of going fast..
We held our breath when she looped back on our Paso Melada..
The giggle and the laughter we heard running home was priceless and nerve racking but so proud of her..

Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we have....

Bayfield fair 19.jpg

Bayfield Fair 15.jpg

Bayfield Show 3.jpg

Bayfield Fair 25.jpg

Bayfield Fair 27.jpg

Bayfield Fair 13.jpg

Here she is riding/ no fear with this little gal..

Teeswater Fair a.jpg

Teeswater Fair b.jpg

Teeswater Fair c.jpg

this is the one of her looping home.. the giggle and laughter was amazing
I think this little girl is enjoying herself and so is Melada.. Paso Fino 25 years young...

Teeswater Fair 8 .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy her involvement as long as you can!!

Our 3 daughters had the chance to grow from small shetland ponies, to larger shetland/horse x's, to larger NSH & warm bloods in 3 day eventing and QH/Paints in barrel racing... z

Skye riding 43" shetland mare - "Magic". Skye jumping 3 1/2' fence bareback.

39c4.jpg
03SkyeJazBBjump.jpg

Skye with both of her daughters sitting on the harnessed shetland mares - Bit and Koalah. I took the pic. This was before Gracie started getting scared. Hopefully in the next couple of years she'll get over her fear...

12oct19GrGw920.jpg

Our oldest now has our 2 grand daughters whom have come out and "petted" and sat on the ponies - but the oldest who will be 4 yrs old in November has now developed a fear of anything alive and moving (
default_crybaby.gif
). The youngest is just now deciding that she can pet and stand next to those things that move...

Our youngest daughter first with a tiny shetland mare, Stuffy, then starting a 2 yr old 1/2 shetland/Arab under saddle, then riding a friends' paint horse mare (I have video but no good pics of her barrel racing on my GFs QH...). Sierra just celebrated her 21st Bday and she started riding at the tender age of 22 months in 1995.

69f9.jpg
573a.jpg

12nov12si080c.jpg

Spend lots of time (and practice) on safe handling and solid riding techniques, keep her in that helmet (teach her how to "ditch" in the event of a runaway and how to safely tumble off. Tumbling classes are great for teaching one how to fall/land) and then leave the safety in God's hands. She will learn and remember not to freak out if things go wrong.

AND thank you for giving me the chance to remember our own daughters' growing up with our ponies and horses. While it's been disappointing that they haven't all continued w/ horses, I have to remember that I too got out of horses for 10 years while I was active duty Army, first married and starting our own family. Then I had the good fortune to be able to share my experiences with our children...

I had to add the pics of our middle daughter, Madira. On our tiny shetland mare just 9 months after purchase, then on "Star" - an 01 arab/hackney pony mare that we bred, then on Pretty Girl

2083.jpg
cfed.jpg

7a18.jpg

Madira will be 22 in October. She's beginning her 4th year of study at Meredith College and has just returned from an internship with a Theater Troupe in New Jersey in which she designed the costumes for on-stage plays this summer.

Your grand daughter is beautiful! Thanx for sharing the wonderful pics. And I LOVE that pic of her "heading home". Reminds me of this one - in which our 3 daughters used to race bareback. This is again Madira (AKA 'Dira) starting to stop Rhythem...

4667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back