6 month old colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiesshelties

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have owned this colt for 2 months(he is 6 months old now) and he is handled daily. He was pretty wild when I got him but he warmed up quickly. All of a sudden he is acting all shy and spooky, especially around strangers. He is even acting nervous around me. Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing has changed. We stay on a pretty tight schedule. No horses have left or arrived. This one has me stumped. Is this a normal behavior for his age?

Thanks for all input.

Debbie

I've had it happen with a couple. One in fact, was probably one of my very most affectionate babies, suddenly at six-eight months was wild, uncatchable, and crazy... he came back around. They all do with kind and constant attention. It's not something 'they all do' it's just an individual quirk. They're all individuals even though, of course, they follow natural equine instincts. Still, when they do something 'unusual' it's not being weird, it's just being unique LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back