367 day mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhpminis

Reaction score
Otis Orchards, Washington (just east of Spokane)
Not in a good way either.

I had a 3rd vet out as I was getting quite concerned about my mare. 367 days, very very little bag, just not where I thought she should be.

2 vets confirmed pregnancy, one even said the foal responded to her touch and moved away.

3rd vet, palpated and said, she's open, followed with an ultrasound and sure enough, nice healthy uterus, nice ovaries, everything looked good and healthy, just empty.

SIGH, oh well, at least she is fine. A little overweight, but fine. I will take a few pounds off her and breed her in the spring. Use this time to get her dental work done and let her be a horse.

One thing about this business, you never quit learning and will always be humbled.

Oh no I am so sorry. HOw totally frustrating for you

Awww Annette ... I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how heartbreaking that can be - the LONG wait for nothing!

These little gals sure DO keep us guessing. I had the reverse happen this year ... my only mare ultrasounded open - Imagine our surprise when she started bagging up in June and gave us a healthy filly about a week later!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Mind you, I'm not complaining ...... but they sure do keep ya on your toes! Thank goodness I only have one or two foals a year - I'd be certifable
default_wacko.png
: if I had any more!

Best of luck for next year!

Nan

i know the feeling but mine is bred but little bag........they never seem to cease to amaze us.......lol

[SIZE=14pt]Oh Annette, been there done that TWICE this year, Bailey and Carbon..... I feel your pain![/SIZE]

Lyn

At least you aren't the one professionaly trained to evaluate the status of mares and got it wrong! If I was one of those vets, I would feel pretty sheepish right now. Maybe that one felt gas? Who knows! Anyhow, I'm glad that your mare is healthy and that you can get some sleep.

Sorry to hear of this result, but glad she's ok!

default_smile.png

Liz

Latest posts

Back