297 Days Gestation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
My mare Mountain Highs AMayZing is an experienced mare, and she has always been very considerate about showing obvious signs of foaling. Not this time.
default_wacko.png
She had progressed enough that I had her in a foaling stall, but I thought we had more time so I wasn't yet watching her. At 297 days, I expected to have at least a few more days! :DOH! Four other mares were due long before she was! Went out in the morning and there was a buckskin pinto colt at her side.
default_new_shocked.gif
I double-checked the breeding dates, she was bred on just the one cycle. The colt is fine, he's surprisingly strong for how early he was, and he is an absolute love-bug. He was born almost a week ago, but pics were taken the day after he was born.
MaysColt2009newborn043.jpg

His sire is a stallion I leased last year from a good friend, Cherilyn Simagna, the stallion's name is Windy Woods Speckled Ice. He's a cremello, homozygous for pinto, and carries agouti and dun.
Ice2September2008-1.jpg
We're expecting six more foals by this guy, and couldn't be more pleased with his first foal of the year. We also own a three year old filly by "Ice", and who is out of AMayZing's dam, and she is wonderful so I knew what we were getting into.
default_wink.png

Here's a picture of AMayZing from last year
PastureMay102008014-1.jpg

The rest of the mares due shall NOT be trusted-- watching them like a hawk!
default_saludando.gif

Lori,

I absolutely love him!!! How tall is he? :)

He is just precious!

How many more foals are you expecting this year? :)

Susan O.

Lori,
I absolutely love him!!! How tall is he? :)

He is just precious!

How many more foals are you expecting this year? :)

Susan O.

He's just 16" right now
default_wub.png
, and will be AMHA/AMHR. Part of me (ok, a BIG part,lol) wants to keep him to show. He's going to be incredible. And because he already has me wrapped around his little hoof-- he sees me or hears my voice and whinnies and comes running.
default_wub.png
He *should* be sold, because I have six or seven more foals to come this year, all but one of which will be by "Ice".

*wanders away muttering to herself "you can't keep them all, you can't keep them all, you can't keep them all...*

Lori you know I love him!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

You are going to have tuff Time deciding who to Sale! lol

I think All of Ice's Kids are Awesome and this one is out of May!

Here is a Pic of his Older Brother (sired by Ice) who is Very nice and a total

Love bug too
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

100_0533.jpg

Lori,

I thought he looked tiny and nice!

You "Should" show him!! :)

It is so neat to see the tiny ones do well!!

Susan O.

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I'm so glad he came out healthy and strong!
default_wub.png

Oooohhhh, Lori, send him my way!!! He is adorable! You are so lucky
default_wub.png

I was just looking at my 299-day mare last night (who usually goes 341 days according to previous owners) wondering what she's hiding in there, and was feeling pretty relaxed about her. You just showed me I better not let my guard down.

Lori,

He is a wonderful little colt...you need to show him
default_wub.png
Can't wait to see your other babies this year!

Congrats he is adorable and so tiny I do not know what I have in my water here but I have only had a couple that tiny.

He looks like a little stuffed animal
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
He's cute! Congrats!! Love his coloring! Glad he's healthy and safe being early.
default_wub.png

Congratulations on a beautiful baby! Glad all went well.....now if my Rose could just do what her aunt May did
default_wink.png

I really like your colt's sire pics...not to mention your mares so I'll be checking back to see the rest of your foals.
default_saludando.gif

You already know I love him!
default_wub.png
You should post that one pic, the first one in that collection where he shows how upheaded he is! He is a nice colt Lori!!!

Congrats he is very Nice and so lucky to be so strong and healthy at that age I guess he just couldn't wait to come out! Good Luck with him he's a keeper IMO
default_wink.png

~Jessica

Back