28 HORSES STARVED TO DEATH!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CMHR is here to help should the authorities need us. So far I have seen nothing that states these horses have been seized so at this point our hands are tied also. We are here should they need us though. If anyone has "factual" information about where this case stands and if the authorities have seized please feel free to email me privately [email protected] or call anytime 586-850-2343.

We will have to secure approved foster homes should they need our help so if you are interested in fostering for CMHR please visit our website and fill out a foster application. www.chancesminihorserescue.org Thank you!

Connie Parr

CMHR President

This is beyond words...I could say so many things right now but they are not appropriate for here!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
No animal should have to suffer like this. I hope they R.I.P

Like all of you, this literally makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't think things could be worse than the Kansas issue a few years ago but, heaven forbid, this is. I haven't looked at any pictures and won't because I don't need to see images of this man's cruelty. I went to Kansas, bought horses from that man simply to get them the he** out of there, had a hand in returning them to health and gave them both to good homes. As sick as we all are about people not being allowed to care for them, now that they've been found, I can't imagine how those people standing there wanting to do something/anything to help must feel. My heart goes out to them and my prayers are that they can save those who have managed to survived the life they've been forced to endure.

I've seen the pictures, but so far the only pictures of minis was the single shot of them crammed in a stock trailer. The others are full sized, and just look terrible.

I posted the link on my facebook page, and sent it to our local news team.

I am so happy to hear that they have been seized. My equine Vet just left after checking several horses teeth, and examining a horse that is being rehomed. I know it sounds horrable but she said that the reason people were probably turned away when trying to help was that in order to seize the horse they had to be emaciated and in bad condition If people were feeding them, then the authorties could not intervene. This situation is so bad and I have not been able to think of much else. I am so glad they are seized, thank you so much for the information. I can only hope that these poor little guys can find good homes, wish I had more acrage to take a few.

This is so pitiful, and THANK God someone finally stepped in and will start the process of helping these poor babies.. Makes me sick, the way miniature horses have to suffer at the hands of greed, mass produce these poor babies into a life of what.. to sell for 100 buck yet have no care, concern, life... Just makes me SICK! I hate seeing the feral miniatures & shetland ponies, God knows how hard I have worked to correct someones idea of having horses......... Yeah right.......... I am so thankful there is MAYBE a chance these babies will regain a life, that the people whom may be afforded the opportunity to rehome them understand the compassion they need as well as the food & care.. It is not easy to regain or treat a horse to trust when all they have known is fight for your life, ie food,water etc.. But the honor you gain when one day that horse steps forward with confidence is more then any award you would ever win.... I know I've seen it happen first hand, and so glad I have my babies who trust without question because they know I am true to them.. Sorry.. my emotions got the best of me, I tried to avoid this post as long as I could because I knew it would break my heart... I am just Thankful maybe there is a HAPPY Ending here......

I have to report with a heavy heart that all of the rescue orgaizations that I e-mailed have yet to respond, but then again maybe they already knew that the horses were seized. You would at least think they could send me some kind of response. Well water under the bridge, so to say. God help us all. We all go through tough times, but I have learned over the years to ask for help if needed. I would never let my babies go hungry, I would give them away to caring people first. I hope this story has a happy ending for these poor babies.

Connie thank you for sharing this with us. All updates on the plight of these horses are apppreciated.

Save the Whitlock Horses topic has been removed from Face Book. I found this link while searching for more information today

reasons stated that the judge put a gag order on the media until the investigation was complete. Thats fine but is this an order to protect one of the "good ole boys" or to really do something about mr. Whitlock this time? mmmmmmm

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/110215_4305.shtml

It states that one horse has been tested positive for an infecious dease....

Either way we can not let this thread die..We have to keep pushing so they know we are not going away.

The fact that the Facebook page was taken down angers me. The page only included previous news releases made PRIOR to the Judge's "gag order"....... plus it included individual's comments, of course. (I had also shared that page on my status.)

This situation needs to be watched. The fact that Grady Whitlock has only been charged with TWO misdemeanor counts of "neglect" so far is making my blood boil.

The fact that Grady Whitlock has only been charged with TWO misdemeanor counts of "neglect" so far is making my blood boil.
I know!! I couldn;t figure that one out either, because I was sure in one of the earlier reports, I had read that he was being charged with one count for EACH horse, which would now (last I heard) add up to 32 counts! So yes, WHY only two??!!!
default_no.gif
closedeyes.gif
default_frusty.gif

I know!! I couldn;t figure that one out either, because I was sure in one of the earlier reports, I had read that he was being charged with one count for EACH horse, which would now (last I heard) add up to 32 counts! So yes, WHY only two??!!!
default_no.gif
closedeyes.gif
default_frusty.gif
I am guessing, and it is only a guess, that in one of the first articles it stated that there were two dead horses visible from the main road. I would guess that it is possible that there may be dispute wether the proper chanels were gone through to enter the propery. If that is the case, then the counts pending based on the other dead horses found by entering the property may be in dispute. Unfortunately, as sick as it is, this is how the law sometimes works.

I am thinking they are 26 charges short in this case.... Maybe more.. Praying for these babies everyday, so happy to hear they are STARTING to get some of nourishment they need, a foot in the right direction...

default_sad.png
How appauling (sp?)! I cannot believe that this man so far is only getting 2 counts (lets hope they raise that number :arg! )when the lady from my area who had 73 horses and 54 cats in her barn got 114? Her animals at least were not found dead buried in the snow...Any way...back on track...Supposedly 5,000 pounds of hay, mainly alfalfa, was dropped off for the horses, I certainly hope that they are adjusting well to the hay after being starved and neglected for so long. On the former Facebook page there was a picture of a horse who had tried to jump a fence for whatever reason and got caught up on the top rail. He died like that. He was covered in snow. It was a horrifying photo to see, and I feel so bad for the horse who was stuck there, as who knows how long he could have been stuck that way without any assistance. It's simply mind boggling how these things can go on and no one seams to notice. Bravo to all of those who are helping out these horses. I commend you all.

Dan.

IT'S NOT THAT NO ONE NOTICED.LOTS OF PEOPLE NOTICED. LOTS OF PEOPLE FILED COMPLAINTS.IT'S MORE LIKE THE RIGHT ONES WERE NOTIFIED AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING..OR READ THE LAW BOOK TO SEE WHAT THEY COULD DO..

BUT NOW THAT ALL OF "US" ARE AWARE OF THIS SITUATION IF WE KEEP E-MAILING THEM IT WON'T GO AWAY SO EASLY THIS TIME.

NOW THAT THEY HAVE FIGURED OUT WHO CAN DO SOMETHING THEY SEEM TO BE DOING IT AS FAR AS FEEDING AND FIRST AIDING THE HORSES.

NOW THAT ONE HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR AN "ID" THE RIGHT AGENCY CAN GET INVOLVED AND SEE IT THROUGH.(INFECTIOUS CONTROL AND DEASESE DEPARTMENT)

THE LAST I COULD FIND ON LINE WAS 4 COUNTS OF CHARGES . THEY DIDN'T SAY WHAT THE CHARGES WERE THOUGH.

I am not surprized at the gag order.... lots of 'assumptions' fly around out there and if this is going to turn into a big case, it would be difficult to try it when so much info is being released and talked about.

You know the old saying 'Loose lips sink ships' and I think they want to keep this to a minimum of gossip while they do their investigation and decide what the next step is, and get all the FACTS.

I dont want to see the other pics either.... I can't stand seeing animals like that. Perhaps FB removed the page to prevent further comments on it all, since there is now a gag order on it. Dont be upset with FB for doing so, they just dont want any legal problems with anyone else for leaving it there to be discussed.

I sure hope proper steps are taken and that ALL of those responsible for this have to step up to the plate and pay, in one form or another. What a shame this has gone on for SO LONG!!

Back