24 hour LIVE feed of Watering Hole in Africa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I'm just assuming "he")

definately a he now, no assuming needed.

*blush*

edit: sorry, so distracted by the animals I misread and thought you were talking about the elephant, *giggle* *blush*

Last edited by a moderator:
(I'm just assuming "he")

definately a he now, no assuming needed.

*blush*

edit: sorry, so distracted by the animals I misread and thought you were talking about the elephant, *giggle* *blush*

LOL!!!
default_bye-sad.gif
:
default_blush.png
: That elephant was embarrassing me for a wee bit there! LOL!!! And yes, I was refering to the cameraman!! LOL!!
default_wink.png
:

LOL!!!
default_bye-sad.gif
:
default_blush.png
: That elephant was embarrassing me for a wee bit there! LOL!!! And yes, I was refering to the cameraman!! LOL!!
default_wink.png
:

That is one thing about animals... you never quite know what they will do next. That is one of my favorite things about them, but it can lead to some
default_blush.png
: moments.

Hey Steph!!! Question for you. I have the Snap program already, so that was no biggie, but I'm having issues with "black" that was mentioned on that link you gave:

When you start using it, you might get black images, to get rid of this, go to tools in your windows media player click, options, performance, advanced and un-tick use overlays.

Where in the media player do I find Tools? I can't find it on mine
default_wacko.png
:

Edited: I figured it out. I had to right click up on the top of the player and the options came up!

Oh this is bad! It is so bad that I had to upgrade my internet service at home just so I could watch it! I have to be at work by 8 am and I was up until 1:30 am watching the animals! I loved the zebra and foal. And just saw the elephant at work! Last night I tried to get a picture of the impala with a reflection in the water and well all I got was a black screen. But that is ok. I have figured out how to get them now. Can't wait until tonight and good thing it will soon be dark as I wouldn't get any work done here at work if it were light out all day long!

Oh this is bad! It is so bad that I had to upgrade my internet service at home just so I could watch it! I have to be at work by 8 am and I was up until 1:30 am watching the animals! I loved the zebra and foal. And just saw the elephant at work! Last night I tried to get a picture of the impala with a reflection in the water and well all I got was a black screen. But that is ok. I have figured out how to get them now. Can't wait until tonight and good thing it will soon be dark as I wouldn't get any work done here at work if it were light out all day long!

LOL!! You're as hooked as we are!!

SO, how did you get rid of the black in the screenshots??

Edited: I figured it out. I had to right click up on the top of the player and the options came up!

Zebra.jpg

This is a terrible picture because it's dusk and the zebra was so far off in the distance, but I was just practicing.

[SIZE=12pt]Oh I'm excited to be armed with my "camera" because I'm going on a safari when dawn breaks in Africa!! LOL![/SIZE]

I want to see an elephant!!! :517: When I was watching all those herds lst night the view was so far away! I have yet to see a close up as what Steph is seeing...and whew Steph...I thought you had made a special trip out to Africa to sit in the bush and watch! :lol: Great pics tho...and thanks! OK...I'll be front and center with my pop corn and my speakers turned up again tonight. It's winter here now, but the sites and sounds sure fake me out to think it's spring/summer...I'm so loving this!
default_yes.gif
:

WOW!!! Check out these links!!

mammals seen at the watering hole

birds at the watering hole

These are lists, complete with photos and descriptions, of animals that have been seen at the watering hole! If I wasn't totally hooked before, I am now!

I've seen baboons, zebras, a male elephant, a male lion, impalas, steenboks, wildebeasts, giraffes, and buffalo. I thought that was a lot, but looking at that list, there are so many more creatures to see!

We are going to keep watching until we see all those mammals.
default_yes.gif
:

Minihorsesforever has definitely created a MONSTER! LOL

But this site is going to make getting through winter soooo much easier.

I want to see an elephant!!! :517: When I was watching all those herds lst night the view was so far away! I have yet to see a close up as what Steph is seeing...and whew Steph...I thought you had made a special trip out to Africa to sit in the bush and watch! :lol: Great pics tho...and thanks! OK...I'll be front and center with my pop corn and my speakers turned up again tonight. It's winter here now, but the sites and sounds sure fake me out to think it's spring/summer...I'm so loving this!
default_yes.gif
:

The elephant came up really close earlier today...

firefox2007-01-1110-41-25-23.jpg

Today was an excellent day for animal watching, for sure.

I even caught a zebra rolling in the dirt:

firefox2007-01-1110-02-04-96.jpg

Awesome pics!! I notice you didn't show the elephant in all his glory
default_whistling.gif
:
default_blush.png
: :new_rofl:

I wish I'd figured out how to do the photo sooner! Now I have to wait 9.5 hours to get to take some pics! :eek:
default_smile.png

For those that want pictures and only get a black backgound when doing a screen print, I did find out that you don't necessarily have to download any program to take them and have them show up. I know that I use Windows Media Player 9 to view the cam through. When in Windows Media Player, click on Tools, then Options, and then on the performance tab. In that window will now appear a button called "advanced". Click on it. Now another area shows up and you want to look for "use overlays" or something simular to it. make sure that the checkbox is NOT checked. This should stop the black screens from happening. At least it did for my test last night.

Oh how I wish I could have been online for the zebras this morning! Dang snow and traffic that doesn't know how to drive in it! It took me over 2 hours to get to work and I only normally take 20 minutes to get there!

Sigh.

Awesome pics!! I notice you didn't show the elephant in all his glory
default_whistling.gif
:
default_blush.png
: :new_rofl:

I wish I'd figured out how to do the photo sooner! Now I have to wait 9.5 hours to get to take some pics! :eek:
default_smile.png

lol, yeah, i was tempted to take some shots of that and put a big black censor bar over the objectionable parts just to be funny but then my computer decided to start freezing up on me.... i think his show overwhelmed my video player and it couldn't handle any more, heh.

Oh cool!!!! No animals, but I saw a shooting star!!!! Wahoo!

added: And there went another one! They were going from the outside to the center of the sky!

Theres zebras on right now! This is sooooo cool! Thanks for sharing it!

Gage

Yup, my first zebra sightings! I have seen lots of other things, some I don't know what are, but these zebra are the first!

Now they are right infront of the camera on our side of the water! How cool is that?

Here are a few pics of the zebra foal!

eb226a7f.jpg

eb226487.jpg

eb226477.jpg

And here is a Wildebeast heard and a baby!

eb226c77.jpg

eb226c64.jpg

eb226c58.jpg

I found out that if you see something, and you don't know what it is, try going to their message board and a lot of times they have posted what they see, sometimes with pictures.

Back