24 hour LIVE feed of Watering Hole in Africa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a different scene just a while ago and it was zoomed in on what looked like a baboon. I can just sit here for ages just listening to the sounds ....now I can't wait for spring and summer again!!! Still want to see something neat come up to the water hole tho...like a lion or elephant would be nice!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has seen anyone good?? Since i told my son about it, we haven't seen a single thing :new_shocked: .. I emailed it to my son's teacher for the kids to watch tomorrow, everyone pray
default_pray.gif
: that there is some thing good for them to watch...
default_yes.gif
:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has seen anyone good?? Since i told my son about it, we haven't seen a single thing :new_shocked: .. I emailed it to my son's teacher for the kids to watch tomorrow, everyone pray
default_pray.gif
: that there is some thing good for them to watch...
default_yes.gif
:
I saw 2 lions the other night, and some other little critters last night. During the day I've seen a lot, mostly before about 10 am central time. Yesterday morning there were 3 giraffes, wildebeasts, gazelles, and even a warthog. It seems like every other day that I've been watching, I've seen something pretty cool. I hope the kids at your son's school get to see the neat things
default_yes.gif
:

ok its morning now they should all need a drink shouldnt they? LOL i must have really lousy timing

Oh cool, I just saw a family of zebras :aktion033:

Ok this is getting pret-ty darn addicting!! :eek: :lol: I just saw a humongous herd of mixed something or others...they were too far away to tell exactly what they were but I know I saw some zebras in the mix!. Kinda reminds me of watching the Yule log...... I see they changed locations from this morning. Now they're away from the watering hole and in the meadow filming.

Edited for typos...it's getting late and I'm still sitting here....watching...............

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some kind of monkey (baboon??) on right now. There's a bunch there now. Babies too!!!

Ok, this is another of those "what was that?" posts. There were 3 or 4 deer type animals....only much stockier than the impala. They had a perfect bulls-eye on their butts. Anybody know what they were?

I was on the phone last night with a couple friends and we were all watching it. Saw a huge herd of impala, some zebra (including a couple of foals[too cute]), baboon, wildebeasts, and those (so far) unidentified critters.

Love it...Love it...Love it!!!!!

Quick edit to add: it's 8:26 central time and the zebra are back (those babies are soooo cute) and he ring tale critters are there too.

Here's a couple of the zebra pics. I saw the "bulls-eye butt" critters, but couldn't get a snapshot of them.

zebras.jpg

zebras2.jpg

There's Zebras there right now. This is really neat!! Thanks for posting this website!!

Elephant alert!!!! 9:13 central time.

Edited to add:

Sorry Steph. Shoulda said thank you....but was in a hurry to check out the elephant. First one I've seen. Whoever's manning the camera obviously isn't as interested in the elephant as I am. They keep panning away from it. But there's just sooooo much going on this morning.

I haven't figured out how to download that program yet, but will check it out again when there isn't so much to watch. lol

:aktion033: i have been trying to see the animals finally see alot this morning. This site is great.

thanks melissa

I just have to thank you guys for getting me so terribly addicted to this cam.

In return I have managed to get people at every forum I visit addicted as well. Today has been great, the baby zebras just clinched it... I'm SOOO hooked.

The elephant is still there and is so awesome! I agree with the statement about the cameraman! LOL! He (I'm just assuming "he") pans away from lots of things I'm REALLY interested in to show a bird or some bushes sometimes! LOL! Yes the birds are cool too, but I'd rather see the bigger creatures when they are there! LOL!

It'll be dark soon, so there is usually a lot of activity at this time (so I've found). I think the sun will set in less than an hour (it's 8 a.m. pacific right now) It's a really good thing that for me, is dark there from like 9:00 am to 7:30 p.m. my time otherwise I'd be glued to the screen ALL day! LOL! As it is, I still check in every couple hours during my day to see if there is any night activity.

Back