2014 Maple Hollow Foaling--Belle**FILLY!!!!! 6/14****

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am officially going CRAZY waiting!!!! I am convinced they are all open and never going to foal LOL! Diamond has had a nice tight udder for quite a while just needs to fill in the nipples, Missy is finally getting firmer but not ready looking yet, Ebony is finally making good progress but not quite half full yet, Freckles is starting to get a good sized udder so with my luck she might get switched in for one we are already watching ROFL! They all have had off and on moments where they have acted uncomfy and yawning and other little things to make me stay awake longer and watch
default_smile.png
. So anyways that is my rant for the day :p

Here are the current standings as far as gestation for the ones over 300 days:

Ebony 334 days

ELady 331 days

Ellie 330 days

Missy 327 days

Freckles 324 days

Sassy 316 days

Diamond 314 days

Fae 312 days

Dusty(moms) 321 days

Belle2(moms) 320 days

Diamond is getting REALLY sticky milk and starting to change colors (currently that kind of golden type color) and her vulva is more red. Hoping she will foal today as I am going out of town tonight! My hubby will be in charge while I am gone so for tonight and tomorrow please call his number first (it is the second number listed on the cam). During today I will be available and I will be back late saturday night. Any extra eyes will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

OK, new update, she is now waxed up! Of course she has to pick the night I have to leave that she decides she is going to start getting more serious! Isnt that just typical. Im still crossing my fingers that she will foal before we go :p.

Congratulations Melinda!!! I just check on Diamond and I see a little one in there!!!! The foal looks to be dark in color??!! Were you still home when she had her foal?

Baby is very cute in his/her pajamas! Momma is still down, maybe needs a little Banamine? Oh, I forgot, you're gone tonight/tomorrow. Guess we'll have to watch closely to see that momma doesn't get too uncomfortable.

Hi, havent left yet, getting ready to soon. I gave banamine already, diamond is being a bit of a diva and is her normal over protective self. Baby seems really smart though, less than half hr after being born was already looking for the milk bar and consistently going to the right place. The way diamond is acting though he might be better off learning to nurse while she is lying down ROFL! Going to go back out in a bit to check and see if he is nursed yet. Justin will be in charge once we get on the road, just happy she foaled before I left!!! Here is a quick pic, will get better ones when I get home. Any extra help watching her while I am gone will be appreciated. I am leaving the banamine, thermometer, and enemas out there for Justin while I am gone, hopefully wont need to give her or the baby anything since she can be quite a pill.

10247353_10202519748572948_955318864_n.jpg

Looks like Diamond is up now and moving around!
default_yes.gif
I am sure that is a good sign! Little foal is so cute just wobbeling around! I just love watching them when they are first born!!!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Just looked again and Momma is down again.......just read what Melinda posted that she can be a Diva at times!! lol That's ok Diamond you had a beautiful foal!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm so GLAD you're still there, and that's she's had her Banamine. We'll be watching the 'diva' for you!!

Very CUTE baby with VERY long legs !!!

Hey look at those legs!! Many congratulations and well done Diamond!
default_thumbup.gif
Hope all stays well until you get back.

Thanks everyone for keeping an eye on Diamond and the girls while I was gone. Got home around 11pm last night and to bed around midnight, Was a LONG trip! We got on the road around 9pm friday night after I was sure the baby nursed and poo'd, I drove all night so that mom could sleep since I was counting on her to drive most the way home LOL, we got the show facilities around 5am and took a 2hr nap in our freezing cold trailer with no heat so really didnt sleep much at all, we thought the show started at 8 but ended up they changed it to 9 so we were wishing we could have stayed in bed another hour but o well, we got warmed up in the dining area with some hot chocolate and then got ready to show. Only took one horse to show as I was picking up my mare and a mare for breeding. Faith did great though for an 11yr old mare that I randomly decided to show, she needs more conditioning and I couldnt find a sharp blade so her 'grooming' and such could have been better. She was first and second in Model and Ammy, first in her height div., and res champ sr mare. Here are some pics of her, will get pics of the little boy later.

1496195_10202530370798497_819115104_o.jpg

976536_10202530372718545_1352667398_o.jpg

10245514_10202530379118705_1400468769_n.jpg

Oh what a lovely mare - well done on the placings too. Brilliant!!

Here are pics of Diamond's colt by Monte. No spots yet but does look to have some white hairs in his mane??? Looks like he is black but really mousy compared to my other blacks I have had. I was wishfully hoping he was grullo but dont think he is. Very nice upright colt though and already very correct!

DSCN3100edit.JPG

DSCN3101edit.JPG

DSCN3102edit.JPG

DSCN3105edit.JPG

DSCN3107edit.JPG

DSCN3108edit.JPG

DSCN3110edit.JPG

DSCN3115edit.JPG

DSCN3116edit.JPG

DSCN3119edit.JPG

DSCN3120edit.JPG

Thanks everyone! Well Missy is looking more serious tonight, dont know if she is quite ready but udder is pretty firm. I might have to do some rearranging tomorrow as a couple others are looking pretty close outside so need to get them in.

Latest posts

Back