Maple Hollow Farms 2016 Foal Watch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I will get you guys excited and say that stage one of getting my cams up is done, money sent for marestare, now just to wait to get activated :D!

not looking overly close but figured I better get them up and running!

Here are a couple udder pics too, the only ones started so far....

Diamond is at 316 days and has the most progression

Freckles is at 317 days and just barely starting to fill

Diamond 316 days.jpg

freckles 317 days.jpg

default_thumbup.gif

YEAH!!

Don't forget to post the link in the pinned thread for the cams!
I think it is already on that thread
default_smile.png

Also I realized that for some reason I had a few typos in my due dates, I apparently copied the 330 days on everyone but these ones and took the 300 days instead so the correct 330 days for the following mares are

[SIZE=medium]Flicka 5/4 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Susan 5/19 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Blitz 5/30 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Extra 6/18 [/SIZE]

Mom brought eve over so she is in the right stall now. Just starting bagging but if I remember right she didnt get a really huge udder before foaling and she foaled just a bit early so just watching her as always :p....Now if only everyone else would get their acts together! So far Diamond is the ONLY one bagging normally! I think the rest are going to go really late at the rate they are going!
default_poke.gif

Ya' know? It's just wrong when folks in the Mid-West have more green grass than we do in the South-East!!

Congrats on a beautiful colt! He's an Easter Baby!

so, did anyone see him born here on the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya' know? It's just wrong when folks in the Mid-West have more green grass than we do in the South-East!!

Congrats on a beautiful colt! He's an Easter Baby!

so, did anyone see him born here on the forum?
LOL, it has been gorgeous here for a while, we have had a few dips in our temps but really been very mild :D . As far as I know no one saw him born, I was actually at easter dinner with my family and I was having a gut feeling about her earlier even though she wasnt showing any of her normal signs so I kept checking the cam and around 915 she was getting up and down and I was like "um we need to go home NOW" ! Within 5-10 min foal was out and I had called my father in law to go make sure the sack got off the head. She did it all on her own though, got home and he was already standing and had nursed!!!! Cleaning the stall and treating the umbilical was fun though as normally I like to be there when she foals so I can get everything done while she is still down as she is a VERY protective mama! One of my sweetest mares that I have had about the longest but for that first week after foaling really have to watch her! SO if you notice me haltering her over the wall or anything strange like that, now you know why :p

Congratulations Melinda on a beautiful baby boy!!! He is a cutie but also shows that he is put together really nice!! Nice long legs,handsome shaped head/face and great neckline for a new born foal!!!❤️ Sorry that I missed it too, I will be watching and checking much more closely now!!!!!!!!

OMG, I dont know how much longer Freckles can drag this out!!! She has been acting uncomfy all afternoon! Biting her sides, getting up and down, frequent potty breaks, and so on! She has a pretty full udder today with easily expressed milk that is getting pretty sticky. Keep in mind that she rarely gets a normal ready udder so this is a big deal to me LOL! Her rear seems really loose too and earlier she seemed warm. Hopefully she goes soon so I can have at least a little sanity since my other mares due arent even bagging yet :p!

Just checked in........Freckles is looking uncomfortable, walking around and around!! But........might be a double hitter tonight Eve is rolling all around her stall!!! I'm staying tuned in!!. Watching the Country Music Awards too, life is good!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Ok now, come on Freckles or Eve or both of you, get going and show everyone those little foals you have been carring around for so long!!!!!! Back to watching let's see some action!!!

Latest posts

Back