2007 Pintaloosa Colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacharyfarms

Reaction score
We had our first Little America Tex Lil Feather foal for 2007 thursday morning at 1:15AM . Our 32" Zachary Farms Sweet Mountain Daisy a smoky black tovero delivered a palomino pintaloosa colt to us. He is Yellow Diamond Little Feather pedigree top and bottom and Orion on top. He was up and nursing in 15 minutes..thank you again Seramune..He is a little fireball. Daisy has turned into the wicked witch and pinned me into a corner and kicked me until I thought I would be glad that the marestarers were watching because they were going to have to call 911. She is better now..but still so over protective. Daisy is the sweetest mare on my farm and this is so very uncharacteristic of her. No, she is not a maiden mare but her last foal was stillborn and we think she still thinks we stole her baby. This guy is all legs and I haven't been able to measure him but will try this weekend when I have some help. For those of you who were watching when the vet was here to do the IgG and well baby check we had to use a shovel for armor just to get the baby to draw the IgG. Thank you for letting me share my Zachary Farms Diego Lil Feather aka Diego. These pics are of course of my usual quality LOL . You can visit him at home at

http://marestare.com/zachary.htm . Libby who is on Camera 1 is ready to deliver at any minute and it will also be a Tex Lil Feather baby.

Judy

DaisyDiegoresized.jpg

Diegoleftside.jpg

He's such a doll, love momma too, congratulations!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Just would like to ask, I have two pintaloosa mares but not always know if they are going to be Pinto or Pintaloosa foals, How can you tell at birth, mine do not change untill they are 2 or more.. showing the spots around the bum or mouth usually.

Just interested to know what we can look for at birth?
default_wub.png
:

default_wub.png
: very nice looking fellow. you can send him to us(haha)

I would love to see close up pictures of him.

Congrats on that lovely baby!!! Mom too
default_yes.gif
: Im so glad u were not in need of paramedics :no: Bad Mommy horse! I have never seen a mare in person go ballistic at their owner over a foal but I can imagine u will never forget it. Take your time on the up close photos till u have lots of help :eek:

Oh my, be careful around that girl!! I hope she settles down soon. Congratulations on your new colt!!!

Oh my...he is absolutely beautiful!! Love the color...love the pattern...love the LEGS! Just bundle him up and send him UPS. :bgrin :bgrin

WOW...he is just gorgeous!!! :new_shocked:

CONGRATS !!!!
default_wub.png
:

Wow. Congratulations. Feather is doing a good job for you, but who would have expected this one!!!

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts of Diego Lil Feather. Daisy is doing better (bribing with treats :bgrin )and she has introduced Diego to Edy (Hearthrobs little medicine hat) He is amazing and acts like a rodeo horse..jumping straight up, bucking and turning.. Rebel, what I look for to know if they are pintaloosa are the LP complex characteristics required for a horse to be classified as appaloosa and then of course the pinto markings. Tex Lil Feather is a true snowcap pintaloosa which is considered to be homozygous for the appaloosa complex, so what I can expect from Tex Lil Feather is a copy of the LP complex each time. I look for the sclera in the eye (the white surrounding the dark that makes them look like human eyes) skin mottling, striped hooves on otherwise dark legs. If they have a blanket or leopard spots these are due to the PATN gene not the LP but of course I always hope for those also. Tony, we are so pleased with Tex (we call him Tex because my son thought Feather was too feminine for a stallion and it is now a tribute to his sire :bgrin )We have just bred him to a multi champion AMHR 38" appaloosa mare named Centerfold which fits her..It was a challenge for sure since Tex is barely 31".

Latest posts

Back