2 New Babies! Within 30 Miniutes of each other!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil hoofbeats

Reaction score
Last night after work i went to the barn to check all my mares, and our favorite little maiden mare slipper who had not really shown any signs that she was very, close had a warm, much fuller bag than before, and she just looked different to me, so i went to feed everyone, and had just finished putting out hay, and she walked off by her self, and laid down.

i went over to her, and she just looked like she was tired. I did a few barn chores, and then noticed she stood up, and looked as if she were Urinating. I then noticed that she stopped, then walked some, then did it again!

I stopped what i was doing imediately, and rushed to her side, SHE WAS IN LABOR! I told her that everything was OK, and that i would not leave her side till it was all over. She then went down and started to push. THe bubble appeared, and i busted it, and the contractions started to get stronger. I saw a foot, then slightly back, another foot. I felt for the head, and it was in proper position.

She was having a pretty hard time pushing out the baby, so i worked with her contractions, and helped her, when she pushed, i pulled! i was careful to work with her, and only help when she contracted, i pulled down toward her hocks, and made sure the babied head was not tearing her near her anus.

It was a tight squeeze! it took alot of strength to help that baby get here, but finally with alot of praying, and some elbow grease, she was out! An awsome little homozygous tovero filly with one blue eye!

I had just got up, and was "getting myself together" when i noticed one of my favorite mares, Fancy, was standing off by herself. I thought how odd, as Fancy was definately a "herd" kind of gal. She acted as if she wanted to lay down! I thought, i bet she is not far off. I went to the house to get the Iodine solution that the vet had prepared for me to put on the navel of the filly that was just born.

When i returned, i put the iodine on the first filly, and shined my light on Fancy. She was down, and pushing, and had the baby almost out to the shoulders!!! I went over, but did not want to be too intrusive, as Fancy is a very private individual, and has always been a great mother, and is an old pro and motherhood. the baby slid out the rest of the way, and since i already had the navel solution , put it on the foal, and noticed it was a beautiful blue eyed tovero filly!

I was so excited! Two fillies in one night!! and so close together! I will try to get some pics posted, but i am new to this forum, and not exactly sure how to post them. Thanks for letting me share my joy with all of you!

Wow, how exciting, congrats to you. I can't wait to see pics of the fillies, they sound gorgeous. :bgrin

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

2 in 30 minutes....You must be double excited!
default_wink.png
:

CONGRATULATIONS on not one but two foals. Cant wait to see there pictures, they sound beautiful. Corinne

[SIZE=12pt] My goodness!!! That is some great news! Congrats! I would have been freakin' out a little first one then another. Very cool![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So glad everything went well for you![/SIZE]

Lyn

:aktion033: Congrats on your twofer! cant wait to see the new girls! they sound lovely!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

That is really exciting :aktion033: :aktion033: Good for you.

Sandy D

That's definitely the way to do it if you get that lucky. BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

:aktion033: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a PERFECT night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the way to do it!! Congratulations on 2 fillies! Now send that filly fairy my way please! :bgrin

WOW!! We had two born in the same day earlier this month, but about 5 hours apart.

30 minutes apart...that is close! :new_shocked:

Congrats on your two new fillies!!!
default_smile.png

That's fantastic, talk about getting it all over and done with. No messin' around at your house. LOL. congrats on two beautiful new fillies. Can't wait to see pics.

[ Thankyou all , it was a very emotional evening, to say the least, I only wish it were over! We have 7 more to foal out, and we have eight babies on the ground so far, 4 colts, and four fillies, all is well with them so far. I love the new little ones, but it really plays havoc on your nerves!!!!! its nice to have a place to share your emotions with other people who understand!

:aktion033: Congratulations!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Congratulations! I love the little blue eyed toveros', it'll be fun to see pictures.

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

AND Fillies to boot Great
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando:

And a big sigh of relief for you!!! Congratulations!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Liz R.

OK that is just fantastic. COngratulations! Somebody help her post some pictures ok? Not only of these two girls, (who by the way sound almost like twins) but so she can catch up to the rest of the foals page:)

Maxine

Back