19 miniature horses need to be placed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I am glad you got your horses.. and they have a new home.

Personally though I have to say having papers or not having papers surely doesnt guarantee any horse a long time nor permanant nor good home. As evident by the amount of both Registered and non registered horses going to and thru a Rescue

I have had several rescue horses here one I hardshipped got her in at a body score of 1.. she is now fat and happy she has been here 3 years.. she may or may not be bred this spring.

I am glad she found homes for all of them and hope they all have a wonderful new life and hope there previous owner does well also.

Kay Kay, I do agree with you about knowing the history of these horses. I also would like to know the B/D and some history on them. It is important so we know if there is something we should watch for. I'm so sorry you took my post in a negitive way. I didn't mean any harsh words to anyone. Just the way I feel. It was the wishes of the owner to do this. and I feel she had to give up one thing life that she loved so much, her minis. That was a very hard thing for the family to do. Her wishes should be honored, even tho more info would be nice. God Bless

Lisa, thank you for your post, I agree with you in everything you said. My 4 will have a good home and if we ever do decide to move, (and we have NO planes to every do) they all with go right with us. My minis have opened up a whole new world for me. I've never gotten so much love from any pet, with the excption of my dogs. I own 7 minis right now, and love everyone of them. These girls will fit right in. They are all my little treasures. Any little problem we have my Vet is right out here checking. lol Please be assurd, they all are coming to a very good home, and no planes for breeding them. God Bless

My prayers go out to the previous owner for a speedy recovery and a long and happy life. Thank you so much for allowing us to addopt your minis.
default_pray.gif
:

Linda, thank you for posting about Diana. She is someone who I would consider a friend...I've adopted 2 aged horses from her in the past, and in the last couple years my TB (who I sadly had to put down a few weeks ago). I've cried with Diana on the phone over each loss as the other horses passed away here at 38 and 26 years old....she loves her rescues and will do her best by them. When I found Phoebe she was going to take her but it was just a matter of fate that CMHR stepped up in the knick of time (I belive everything works out for a reason...I'm so happy with the result of that experience but never felt one rescue was betterthan the other).

I took some of the posts here personally because I know her; but I also took into account that the typed word isn't the same as the spoken word - face to face.

Rescues rarely come with papers. People buy horses all of the time without papers and look at their teeth to age them and do their best to care for them accordingly. It's not an unusual occurance in the horse world. As was mentioned, Diana simply followed the wishes of the family...her concerns were about placing the horses not the details of the papers. I can't imagine losing my horses because of an illness and other people adopting them and then making money off of them. That would be hard to swollow (like someone benefiting from my illness). Two of the 3 horses I adopted from Diana were papered but I wasn't buying a horse for breeding nor was I buying a horse that I would show in breed shows that required papers. If I was, I would have found another horse from a breeder...not a rescue.

I hope everyone who took issue with it understands now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back