19 miniature horses need to be placed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerace

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I wanted to post about my good friend, Diana's latest aqcuisition (I don't want to call it a rescue because the mini's were well cared for but the owner turned them over for health reasons)...she runs a rescue in Toledo. This is the email I got from her (I told her I would post about it here):

Tracy,

All have been used as broodmares, we have stallions as well as 3 possibly 4 mares in foal. All are healthy utd with shots and coggins, they are currently in Tenn and we are making arrangements to get them to us.

We are adopting them out for $275 each this includes shipping to Toledo, Ohio (Our rescue) also if they want to pick them up themselves the adoption fee will be $175 they have never been abused or neglected, the owner is very sick and can no longer care for them. We got two of thier horses earlier this year and they contacted me today to take the rest.

Interested parties must fill out an adoption application and be approved, we will not allow them to be used any further for breeding, adopters are responsible for gelding the stallions within one year after adoption.

I am starting to put up some of their PICS on the website don't have the ages as of yet all range 29" to 36"

Thanks for your help

Diana

I forgot to link her website:

http://www.voiceforhorses.org/welcome.htm

edited by kay to protect privacy
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We're only about 30 minutes from Teledo, wish i could do something. I've chatted with some people from that Rescue and know allot of people who have adopted horses from them and they are a great rescue.

Im sure they will all have a loving home in no time
default_smile.png

Question: why do the stallions have to be gelded within one year after adoption?

Is that the same rule as for cats and dogs you get from the pound or is their another logic behind this?

Thanks,

Trisha

Im really suprised Diana didnt contact me. Ive spoken to ther thru email a couple times and told her if they get any miniatures in and need help to let me know.
default_smile.png

Trisha

CMHR operates the same way only we personally geld them before they are adopted out. There are way too many intact stallions in the Mini Industry so we try to do our part by gelding all the ones that come into CMHR. This also makes it easier to find homes for them. Most that adopt from cmhr do not want an intact stallion.

Trisha...she only got news of this yesterday (or maybe the day before) I think she's just getting things ready. And she doesn't have much help at all so she's probably a little overwhelmed. Why don't you send her an email?

divigo, yes, when you adopt from a shelter your new pets must me fixed within a certain amount of time after they are adopted. I just got a cat last spring and the shelter called my vet so see if I'd had her spayed - the office told them no!
default_wacko.png
: The shelter sent me a letter saying I would be fined $100 if I didn't have her spayed within 2 weeks....well, I did have her fixed, the office just made a mistake! :lol: Same thing with the black lab we got at the shelter (Lord knows there are enough labs...the shelter had more than 10 when we visited, and this is a small town!) - he was to be nuetered within X amount of days.

Yes, there are too many mini's in rescues, shelters and now even feed lots and auctions. Many rescues take a very strong stance against the over population of our equines. Frankly, I don't blame them.

Just checked out the pix. They definitely look like they're in good shape. What a shame they have to let them all go. Prayers for the family.

I will contact the rescue

Last edited:
Beings a Tenn State Co-oridnator for Chance's, I emailed this rescue to see if I could be of service and I too have not received any answer.

Please be patient with her...she works at a stable as well ascaring for the rescue horses. She recieved over 35 applications just today. She doesn't have a lot of help.

She put more pictures up and she'll have bio's soon. She also told me that the hauling was more expensive than they thought and teh adoption fee will be $300 now.

Please be patient with her...do not take offense if she is overwhelmed. She is a great person and doing the best she can.

Also, Lisa...if you called Diana today, she said you didn't leave your area code. I'm pretty sure it was you. Try her again. She's feeding at this very moment though ;).

She contated me. I guess she has her hands really full.

Marty, did she want us to help out?

Ginny

I got an email from her today. They do not want our assistance and she said almost all are adopted already.

Seems like she has it all under control . According to her, mostly all the horses have already been spoken for in Ohio (with no papers by the way) They sure seem to move fast.

Seems like she has it all under control . According to her, mostly all the horses have already been spoken for in Ohio (with no papers by the way) They sure seem to move fast.
Glad they are spoken for, but it rather sucks they are going without papers. I realize a rescue doesn't want anyone to breed more animals, but what about showing and keeping up with their history/bloodlines?

WOW that is some amazingly fast adoptions they must have had a HUGE waiting list of approved homes
default_smile.png

So glad to hear that they all have been placed. I hope they got wonderful pet homes where they will not be bred. I think that is the reasoning behind the papers not going with them...we all know that a few horses taken out of the breeding cycle will only help lessen the overproduction numbers. She did good getting them adopted this quickly! It sounds like a well run organization.

I believe they are marked "pending if they've been spoken for, pending reference checks.

I happened across the ad for these minis by chance. I was one of the lucky ones to get to adopt 4 of these little girls. I find that Diana, at Voiceforhorses is one of the most professional, caring, fair, hard working woman I know. There is just not enough hours in a day to get all done that she need to. Her hands are full, but she's doing a wonderful job. We have exchanged emails many times and I talked to her on the phone a couple of times, and it is such a pleasure to get to know her. I live in Arkansas and will be picking up our little girls within the next 2 weeks at the latest. I can't wait. I have a couple of papered mini mares already, but I feel that so many have been offended by not letting these 19 be sold registered. First of all, I think this was the wishes of the owner. You all might get upset with me, but I feel this addoption is for the love of the horses and finding good homes, not to make money off of them for breeding. Thats what the owner wanted. I've seen so many minis abused and I'm not saying you would, but ton's of them every year end up at the sale barns because they are always so cute when they are little, but they do grow up. Without proper care and training, lots of them become throw aways. Dians hasa been very careful to chose people that don't care about papers, just finding good homes for them. She even called my Vet to check on me, that's how good she is. Keep up the good work Diana, God Bless you for all the good you. You have saves a lot of horses and made a lot of people happy getting new pets because of your hard work. :aktion033: Linda

Linda

No one is putting Diane down! Certainly not me. I feel sure she does a wonderful job and I had previously talked to her about adopting a big horse in her rescue.

Some were just suprised that the horses papers were being thrown away. Papers are an excellant way of keeping track of a horse and way to preserve what their heritage is. Has nothing to do with breeding them. AFter all we keep papers on geldings and they never breed. A lot of things can get lost such as age etc should any of these horses have to move again. I would like to think they are all in permanent homes now but i do know that peoples lives change and since horses live to be 25-30 no one can really guarantee that they will keep a horse for life.

Latest posts

Back