Still not sure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have taken half of a soda bottle or some another small "bucket" enouhgh, pushed holes on upper part of it and tied it to mares blanket so when she pees, pee falls in to thet bucket. So SMALL can, so mare doesn´t scare it or get hurt. Balnket for ½-2 hours, visiting every now and then checkin if you already have pee. easy and very working way to get what you want. Worked every time and fast.

i have frie3nds that tape ( clear present type) papertowels to the mare. put the papertowels (3) folded right on the vulva, take the tape and tape around to the side of the horse. after she pees ring out the paper towels.Tape come off easily.

I'll try that one next
default_smile.png

Just flipping typical.

Got a sample and followed the instructions and after a good 5 mins the urine still had not absorbed or started moving so the test didn't work. I don't know if it was too thick or what but basically a ruined test.

So I put the remaining urine from the pipette directly onto the panel and it showed just one red line at the c lol but I'm not taking this as an accurate test.

Wish I had seen this before, it happens quite often. If you just take a sewing needle and poke at the sample well at tiny bit it gives the fluid a place to start and then the pee flows properly. I do it all the time if the liquid wont flow. Hope they are sending you a new one but remember this hint just in case.

I did prod it a few times with the pipette lol but thanks. I have one left and they have refunded me the faulty one. If this one doesn't work ill be getting vet.

This is the first test (as i said, i did it by pee on the window so its not being counted really and the line is not near the C so more likely to be neg, and the other line hasn't worked but i also took it apart and may have put it back together wrong, but the line is bang on the C if placed the other way, where as here is it as close to T )

5A4E6B40-6EDA-46D6-A4CA-0F3A3D09B200_zps0jubgd7u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is how it looks if the paper is placed the other way inside, lol. Don't worry i'm not a crazy person who would draw a red line on a test then run out and kipnap. I'm still pretty sure shes not pregnant.

E24BCAF8-3C5D-490E-A202-6F0CF4BFAABB_zpsextmwc4m.jpg

Keep us posted I'm thinking that if you read that test above like it was done right, it seems to be a negative result as there are two line either way. Very interested to see what the second test says.

It depends how light a ghost line can be. By the instructions it should be more clearly negative, ya know? In real life the second line is not noticeable though (can be my eyes).

on hour 7 of pee watch lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never used the test, so no good at interpreting them. But as I just wrote on the other thread, since we're almost in the sprung, she should let us know soon by either coming into heat of growing her belly. Here's another thread where I'll be praying for a growing belly!
default_pray.gif

The vet has scanned her internally before, he felt she was large enough and he got to see her ovaries. I just felt she got too stressed to do it early on which is why shes not been to the vet (had a nose bleed twice after travelling when potentially preg)

im selling the remaining wee test, and going to vet. i cant stand the uncertainty its really annoying me.

We'll be waiting to hear the results and hoping for a positive for you (and us....LOL)

Latest posts

Back