Still not sure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting on results too! Keeping fingers and toes crossed she is bred for you!

Should be here tomorrow. Getting awfully nervous
default_sad.png

Make sure your mare would be over 120 days from last breeding though, even 125 days would be better. The closer you are to 120 the greater the chance of error. I've had great success with these tests.

Opps, I see now that she was 120 days back in December. Then you should get a very clear yes or no. Good luck. Hope you get the answer you are wishing for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait to hear the results - and stay safe in the weather coming over us tonight!

Ack...The suspence is killing me!
default_impatient.jpg
LOL!

Had the collection bottle on for four hours, no pee. Going to bed now so had to take it off. Hopefully she will pee when i let her out tomorrow! Noticed how bloody grumpy she is though. Had her in the large stable today so that she would not get the bottle caught on the mini divider and she was so happy. Put her back in her other stall there now and she immediately had ears back at gelding and was kicking the heck out of the door lol shes such a loner. When i get a new horse it will go in the stall and this grumpy woman will go in the large box.

Arrrrrgh! Still waiting on pee. Every time i check she has peed but missed the bottle. So i adjust it and wait again. This time i was in and she peed but stopped when i ran in, so i didn't get any of it but got to see the bottle was too high. So have again adjusted. This better not all be a waste of my time
default_sad.png
(but my luck means it will be )

You can collect it from the shavings, if I see them do it I go in right away and gather the shavings and squeeze the pee out of them. You don't need much just a tiny bit.

Or even better is a tampon. I use duct tape , going around the belly in front of the back legs and then from the side around her bum and tape to the other side. Then tie the tampon in the center under her tail. You will have a lovely, clean sample in a few hours.

Im going to try the sanitry towel route tomorrow morning, if i dont get anything im going to give up and just go to the vet. She has a little cough thats came on and i would like it checked out anyway. Started the same day i ordered the 120s which is a shame, cause i was torn between vet and 120!

Took some pics today, just because i was in the stable bored for so long. I don't see much difference in what would be nearly two months, apart from weight loss which is always a good thing!

smrt.jpg

nqrzwn.jpg

3134vva.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh the struggles of pee collecting. Lol I had the same issue. I finally duck tapped a red solo cup to my mares by and put paper towel in the cup. It worked:p

I usually grab a cup, feed them a big bowl of soaked feed, then fill a bucket with water and put hay in it. after they finish the wet feed they eat wet hay. before long they pee and I walk up and grab it right from the stream. keep them stalled and just sit with them. or turn them out but dont go to far from her. The longest ive had to wait was 2 hrs. But heck it was quality time!

Latest posts

Back