Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShanesPonies

Reaction score
Pearl is nearing 330 days!
I've been studying photos from last foal and comparing them to this incoming foal. Pearl did not fully bag up till about 3 days before foaling last time. It seems likely she will do the same this time around.
I've started pH testing her and here are the results from this morning to this evening.
1000015537.jpg

1000015538.jpg
Here is a photo of how her bags currently look and looking at photos from last foal her bags were about this size till about 3 days before foaling. My mother is hoping she foals on Mother's day this year lol! Her last foal with us was on Easter!
1000015482.jpg

I will try to remember to keep posting on this thread about Pearl's changes and incoming baby! That way I'm not making a ton of random new threads! Lol.
Here is her doing a morning roll. You can zoom in and get a bit of a better look at her bag size in the photo too!
1000015489.jpg

335 days today! Got some interesting changes 🤔
I can definitely say how she was last foal vs this one is very different.
She's had fluid from her udders for about 20 days now but still barely any filling of the udder. Still clear/amber.
pH is still testing about the same somewhere around 7.4 to 7.8
What's different now though is all her previous signs of incoming foaling are basically gone. Not much for a lax read end. Not much jello she is actually fairly tense tonight. However, she is peeing a lot and I mean A LOT and acting very uncomfortable. She's rolled a bit today and done a lot of pacing and has been constantly flagging her tail for the last few days.
What was interesring is I walked out to put her away in her stall and give her grain tonight. She greeted me at the gait and went into a pee stance. She did not pee. She followed me into her stall, ate 3 quarters of her grain then walked to the back of the stall to take a long pee and acted as if it was somewhat difficult and grunted a few times. When done she walked a couple steps stood there then walked to me and just stood there. I was like aight that's interesting 😂 and took off to drop her ripped fly sheet and grain dish back in the house and go grab her some hay after. That took me all of probably just 5 minutes. I get back with her hay and noticed 3 more fresh pee spots in the chips. That means she had peed 4 times in like 10 minutes!?
Baby is very active right now too.
Think baby is just sitting on her bladder ooorr???
Besides that nothing else has changed :(
1000015688.jpg

Took a photo of her bags at dinner time and then another before going to bed and this is how much they've changed 🤔 hopefully they stay like this and she stops with the deflating😂
1000015825.jpg
1000015826.jpg

Latest posts

Back