Just how pregnant is she?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cecosugi

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
You may have read my lengthy intro. Sorry about all that. Here is one of my questions. How pregnant is she? Does this look like an imminent udder/bag to you? Because she seems out of sorts.

Cheyenne and Ariel are purported to be pregnant. I can certainly believe it, especially of Cheyenne. I have been told that I should watch for her bag to be the size of a grapefruit, and then I'm 3-5 days out. Cheyenne does not want me to look at her bag, haha. I get it, I wouldn't like that, either. She hardly knows me.

I did have the vet out, in mid December. She thought Cheyenne was pregnant, not sure about Ariel. Unknown due "range". Maybe Spring?

So Cheyenne is the one I'm kind of focusing on, with this question, because she seems quite pregnant to me. She's been pretty bitchy today, to be honest, and I've taken some pics and--more helpfully--video. Maybe you can take a peek and see what you think? I know there's a huge range for gestation. Really unacceptable, to my standards, haha. I'm gonna need something better than maybe now, maybe in 3 months. Good grief, poor pregnant donkeys.

FULL DISCLOSURE, I wrote this post yesterday, so I no longer need this answer (haha, see the follow up), but I thought it was still a helpful thing to post, seeing as I now know the answer. Hoping this helps someone.

This butt picture is of Cheyenne, on 1/18/24. This video is also Cheyenne, same day. New video by Suzy Gibson

This video is Ariel, also 1/18, who does not look nearly as pregnant as Cheyenne. New video by Suzy Gibson

If I'm not supposed to put links to videos, I'm sorry. I'll figure out the right way to do it, because the video is so much more helpful, in my opinion. I tried to upload the video, but it was too big.

FOLLOW UP, last night (the evening of 1/18/24), Cheyenne had her baby. So there's my answer. She was very pregnant. Not dripping that I could see, and really only "bagged up" that day. Her biggest symptom was bitchiness. I'm with them at least twice a day, for an extended amount of time. I would have seen what I thought was the proverbial "grapefruit bag", before yesterday.

Attachments

• PXL_20240119_001036053.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240119_001036053.MP.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Congratulations to you all!

He is too cute for words 😍 🤩🥳 💕

Is there a concern about keeping mom and foal separate from Valentino? Does she need the quiet space to relax, eat, and be mom? Just thoughts Cecosugi! I have never had a donkey mom and foal!

Congratulations to you all!

He is too cute for words 😍 🤩🥳 💕

Is there a concern about keeping mom and foal separate from Valentino? Does she need the quiet space to relax, eat, and be mom? Just thoughts Cecosugi! I have never had a donkey mom and foal!
They probably do need to be separate. I totally agree she needs a pantry to hide in, and eat chocolate. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the biggest part of my fencing, and Valentino is a very sad-by-himself donkey. Ohmygoodness, I'll find the video. That's why I got him a friend, but ended up with 2, that are VERY bonded. So I don't feel like I can separate the 2 mommas. And that would leave Valentino alone anyway. It's a mess. Very unprepared, I am. But here we are, haha, and we're in this ship together. I hoped that he was young enough to be "mothered" by the girls. [I had an adult, gelded, lined up, but the woman flaked out on me. I am SHOCKED by the amount of scams with mini donkeys.]

Here's the video from before I got the girls. The audio on this is hilariously sad. A friend of mine said he sounds like he swallowed a chicken...🤣🤣🤣
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QdvCADdWcaU4rqvg8
Anyway, they seem to be handling it okay. Ariel actually seems like she's being friendlier to Valentino. Cheyenne's being a B to both of them, most of the time.

Latest posts

Back