Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually thats funny because I was in Limerick all day. I tuned in on the phone over brekkie in the cafe but that was it till now and I read the same thing and thought OH CRAP I missed it only to find it was another mare
default_new_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
She's on cam 1 now, btw.

Heather texted me... "Big bag...lots of milk...testing ready in all aspects."

O M G!! Where's that bag Vickie suggested!

Ladies, I will be out of the house tonight, but able to watch on Robert's phone. I hope I don't miss it. Someone PLEASE call or text me if you see anything. 314.415.0050.

I am going to bed now shortly but bringing my own phone to bed and hope to tune in so I spot anything I will give a shout. Although most likely as its Cassies day time she will be the one to spot something.

Ladies, I will need to conserve Robert's battery on his phone to ensure I have enough to watch the "event" so what I'll do is keep track of the emails, this thread and any texts that come in. So, if you think she's getting close, will someone post and/or text or call me so I can pull up the cam on the phone? Thanks!

Ok, talk to you all in a bit hopefully. *fingers crossed* for a safe foaling and a healthy momma and baby!

OK, mommy's home and it's 8 minutes til it's officially my birthday, so come on Ravey and give momma an awesome birthday present!!
default_firstprize.gif

You're welcome!!!!

And did you notice Raven is a "wanta-be" appaloosa tonight??
Diane, I did notice and she's starting to make me wonder if she's telling me to change my breeding program.lol

On another note, I guess I always thought mares didn't eat well immediately prior to foaling. Seems like all of mine I've foaled out here at home didn't eat their dinner completely just before foaling. If that's true, Ravey isn't foaling tonight as she's been eating that hay like it's the last left on earth! She's really chowed down tonight. Thoughts? Your experiences, ladies?

Parmela I am so sorry I frightened you
default_doh.gif
I should have written Precious had a filly
default_thud.gif
I am so stupid.

3.00am and she is out flat

Happy Birthday Parmela!!

I'm with Diane - had several mares drop down and foal with their mouths full of hay!!

Come on Raven - today would be the best day to give your Momma her special present!

Parmela I am so sorry I frightened you
default_doh.gif
I should have written Precious had a filly
default_thud.gif
I am so stupid.

3.00am and she is out flat
You are SO not stupid Renee. It was funny! Sometimes technology gets the better of all of us.

Thanks so much for watching Ravey.

Happy Birthday Parmela!

Yes, I learned back in 1973 (with a big horse) that mares can eat while in the first stages of labor. Has happened with the minis too.

Happy birthday Parmela! I hope you have a really great day and no birthday present would be better than if little Miss Raven would present you with her bundle. :)

In answer to your question regarding mares eating before foaling. In all 17 years of breeding miniature horses I have never had a mare go off feed or not finish their meal prior to foaling. Like Diane and AnnaC my mares foal with hay hanging out of their mouth LOL.

"I" eat alot too when I know they will foal also - nervous habit" LOL

happybirthday1.gif
birthdayballoons.gif
Have a great day Parmela.
birthday_19.gif

Come on Raven, today is the best day to have your baby!
default_smile.png

Happy Birthday Parmela and I hope you have a wonderful day.

My mare Slaney eats as much as she can before foaling. Last yr she ate her dinner and all but a mouthful of hay, then she went and stood in the corner for a few mins but then got down and back up, started digging, back down and started to foal. I knew she was close as everything told me she was close but she gave no signs of being uncomfortable and she ate everything put in front of her.

Same with Shimmer who was a maiden - she cleaned up her dinner and ate a good lot of her hay before she started to show signs and even though I knew something was going to happen she still went and grabbed a few mouthfuls of hay.

I actually thing I would be worried if they did go off their feed LOL

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Another year older, not what I had in mind.

I can't believe she didn't have that baby last night!
default_thud.gif

This morning we're off to the vet (2 hour drive each way) to have my two older mares examined. She better not have it while I'm away!!!

Latest posts

Back