PALS Miniatures Foaling Thread *** Updated Pictures 5/21***

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pam,

I'll be in the huge metropolis of Theodosia with the gang. Can't wait to get back to those chiggers
default_yes.gif
I know right where that is! We live near Forsyth. Maybe we can get together one day.

Pam

Yeah Pam- about time you joined in, especially here on the 'fat girls' pages. You have no pics of your girls on your mare's page? So look forward to seeing your 'fat girls' pop those spotted babies out- and yes, watch out for Diane, lol
Thanks Laurie! Since it's still raining here, I'm going through my pictures and I'm going to try to get my mares added to the website. I'm not too good at it yet, but I'm learning! LOL

Pam

It looks good so far and can't wait to see pics of your new boy in his summer coat!

Okay, I promised updated pictures, since I'm not on Marestare. Magic is at 308 days today. We got around 4 inches of rain over the last two days!! So please excuse the mud. Magic's belly is just about dragging! LOL And, yes, the mares are in their stalls when it is raining. But we had a little break from the rain today, and I let everyone out. They'd rather be outside, even in the mud, than to stay up in their stalls. So here is Magic Jewel:

Magic308days.jpg

And here is a picture of her udder:

IMG_5625_1_1_1.jpg

If she repeats what she did last year..............You can't get anything out of her teats until the day that she foals. They will fill out completely, I can get a sample, and she foals that night! Let's hope she remembers this from last year! LOL

Pam

Wow oh my goodness Pam she is huge!! Lol the poor thing!

Her udder looks really really good! Wish we could help watch her for you! Hope you have been able to get some sleep still...Thank you for the pics!

Wow, Pam, she is big!! Big belly for a little girl!

It makes me feel better reading about how your girl bags but you can't get anything until the day she foals. My girl has been bagging up and I can only get a tiny bit but nothing good enough to test. Waiting for the day I can get something!

Wow oh my goodness Pam she is huge!! Lol the poor thing!

Her udder looks really really good! Wish we could help watch her for you! Hope you have been able to get some sleep still...Thank you for the pics!
Maybe one day I can get set up with Marestare so that you all can watch. I also use the Equipage transmitters on the mares. So far, I don't think she's close enough.

Oh my goodness! She's hanging looooooooowwwww. I used to have a mare, Sweet Pea, that was 29" and had had many foals. When she was 300 days or more, I'd swear she was doing to bottom out! It would look like her belly was below her knees!lol

Shouldn't be much longer for your girl. Heck, she'll probably go before Raven at this point.

Wow, Pam, she is big!! Big belly for a little girl!

It makes me feel better reading about how your girl bags but you can't get anything until the day she foals. My girl has been bagging up and I can only get a tiny bit but nothing good enough to test. Waiting for the day I can get something!
Megan, your mare may be like Magic and not get any fluid in the teats until she's really close to foaling. My other mares all get fluid even before their udders get full and tight. So every mare is different!

Oh my goodness! She's hanging looooooooowwwww. I used to have a mare, Sweet Pea, that was 29" and had had many foals. When she was 300 days or more, I'd swear she was doing to bottom out! It would look like her belly was below her knees!lol

Shouldn't be much longer for your girl. Heck, she'll probably go before Raven at this point.
Yes, Magic carries really low! And I should mention that Magic will be 20 years old in April. So maybe that's why her tummy hangs so low! LOL This will be our second foal from Magic. She had a boy last year, so I'm hoping for a filly this time!

Nawwww, Raven will foal tonight! I repeat, Raven will foal tonight!!

Yes, Magic carries really low! And I should mention that Magic will be 20 years old in April. So maybe that's why her tummy hangs so low! LOL This will be our second foal from Magic. She had a boy last year, so I'm hoping for a filly this time!

Nawwww, Raven will foal tonight! I repeat, Raven will foal tonight!!
I'm going to hold you to that prediction!
default_smile.png

Sending you positive thoughts for a filly from Magic!

Holy cow!!! What a belly and what mud! Yuck!!

Magic is looking so good! I had a mare once at just under 28" and I promised her if she didn't foal in the next couple of days, I was going to tape a skateboard on her belly for her, to make it easier for her to get around.

She foaled that night! Guess the idea of a "duct-tape" belt wasn't what she was looking forward to!
How funny Diane! Magic is 31 inches, but she looks shorter because her belly is nearly on the ground! LOL

Holy cow!!! What a belly and what mud! Yuck!!
The mud is dreadful, and it is raining now again!!! Supposed to stop raining by tomorrow and be nice for the weekend...............and near 80 degrees on Sunday. I sure hope so! We need the sun to help dry up the mud! The girls are all in their stalls.

OMG, send some of that rain this way! We finally got rain last weekend- the first time since last December!! You would already never know it even rained. Well maybe one of your girls will 'pop' while they're in there!

No change in Magic today. The mares are turned out for the day. It's sprinkling here, but not enough to put them up. Will check her this evening. I think she still has about six days to go. When her teats fill up, then I'll know she's close. With other mares, they can foal with an udder like Magic's. LOL

Here is an update on two of our mares, Magic and Chrissy. Magic is at 318 days today. Her udder cannot possibly get any tighter!! She is starting to swell behind, and she had little wax crystals on her teats last night. Her milk is extremely sticky and dries to a 'glaze'...............if you know what I mean. I really thought that she might foal last night, but she didn't. This morning I found a soft poo pile in her stall. Here are a couple of pictures that I took of her this morning after I turned her out of her stall. Sorry, she wasn't brushed, and still had some shavings on her.

IMG_5633-1.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

Chrissy is at 322 days today. She has a full udder, but it is not as tight as I think it will be. Her milk is not nearly as sticky as Magic's, so I think she has a few days to go yet. Here are pictures of Chrissy taken this morning:

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

poor girls have that "I need to foal" look, they are looking close so not long now. I think their butts will need to loosen up and their nipples need to fill a bit yet but this can all happen soon.

Oh WOW!! I think you are going to have two new little babies before too long!!

Bless those two girls - they look as though they cant wait to get rid of all that exta weight.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the up date!

These two ladies are the epitome of "heavy in foal" !!!!!!

It sure looks like you'll have a baby darn quick! Especially from Magic! Chrissy looks like she has a little more time to go.

But, I wouldn't take my eyes off of Magic -- she looks READY!!
Yep, Magic is ready!! I checked her milk this evening, and it has changed to white now. Tested it on the refractometer, and it tested 'off the chart.' So I'm praying for a safe delivery tonight.

Latest posts

Back