PALS Miniatures Foaling Thread *** Updated Pictures 5/21***

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is so cute. I love appies too! My appy mare lost her foal last ye ar never got out of the sack (which is the reason I started marestare)

Thanks so much everyone! I'm just thrilled with him! It seems he gets cuter each day.

Yes, Melba, I was sweating right along with Magic when I was searching for the second leg! I'm so thankful it all worked out.

LittleBittyBritches, I'm so sorry that your appy mare lost her foal last year. That can happen a lot. So glad you're on Marestare now! I have the cameras and Equipage, but even with those, I had a mare go down and foal quickly last year. Pager went off. I headed to the barn, and before I got there, hubby hollered, "the foal is out!!" Sure enough, the sack hadn't broke. I was there quickly enough to get the filly out. Whew! Sending prayers your way for a safe foaling this year!

Pam

He is such a cutie and definitely has a fabulous head!!! Smokey is doing pretty darn good for ya!!! Cant wait for Miss Em to finally foal as I am dying to see what she has too! Is Chrissy getting closer?

He is such a cutie and definitely has a fabulous head!!! Smokey is doing pretty darn good for ya!!! Cant wait for Miss Em to finally foal as I am dying to see what she has too! Is Chrissy getting closer?
Yes, I am really happy with Smokey's foals! I just wish they were a little shorter. LOL Can't have everything, I guess. I sure hope Miss Em comes through with another colored foal for you!!! Chrissy's udder is getting more firm, but still not 'there' yet. Last night she was rubbing her butt on everything! LOL She lays out flat to sleep, so she keeps the pager going off! LOL So far, I'm only keeping the Equipage on her at night. I'm thinking she should be close by this weekend. April 9th will be 330 days for her.

I let Magic and her colt out this afternoon. Tried to get some 'good' photos of him. Didn't happen! Magic kept taking him away from me. LOL Then the shadows were in the wrong place. Here are a couple anyway, and I'll get some better ones soon.........hopefully! LOL

Diane, I think his blanket has spots in it. Doesn't look much different 'dry' than it did 'wet.' That's interesting about the cream gene. I suspected that Magic carried it, but I never thought that the sire, Smokey, would or could carry it.

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg
LOVE his color and refinement! Congrats!

He is ADORABLE! Very nice boy... I agree he has too much roaning or color in the blanket area to be a snowcap, BUT, if he has white up by his neck, I bet he is going to clip off a near leopard! Or something close to it. He is just CUTE- congrats again!

Thanks Sandy and Laurie! He is learning to run with those long legs. Also rearing up on mama now and doing all the 'boy' things. So fun to watch! But Magic still tries to get between me and 'Fooler.'

Laurie, I'm having trouble coming up with a name for my foal, too! I'm thinking of 'PALS Foolish Pleasure' or 'PALS Foolish Pride.'

Ohh I like the Foolish Pride
default_thumbup.gif

Love his blanket!

Hey, if you like that name, use it!!

Well, Chrissy may have some competition to see who foals next! 'Perky,' as we call her, seems to be catching up.......and passing Chrissy. Perky's udder is quite firm, and she's beginning to get loose behind. I was able to get some fluid out of her udder today, and it was really sticky and turned to a 'glaze.' So I will be putting the Equipage transmitter on her tonight, and she will be on camera. Perky is only about 30 inches tall. Here is Miss Perky:

Maple Hollows Perfect Echo is in foal to Arions Destinys Magic Trick (owned by Maple Hollow Farm)

DSCN0134.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

Her udder from today:

IMG_5652.jpg

Thanks, Diane! I'm pretty excited too! I forgot to mention that she is at 318 days today.
default_yes.gif

What are the girls up to today? Also do we get to see more pictures of your lil guy???
The girls really haven't changed that much overnight. Chrissy's udder was a little more firm. Perky's udder seemed about the same. I checked Perky's milk just a while ago.............while I was out trying to get more pictures of Joker! LOL Perky is easy to check. Still very sticky. She set the pager off a couple of times last night. Chrissy drives me crazy laying out flat!!

Joker is friendly and likes for me to scratch him. So it's hard to get good pictures. Plus, Magic is still a 'real toot!' She tries to take Joker away as soon as she sees me! LOL He's quite full of himself!

Oh yes Pam - you have to keep the updates coming on a daily basis when the girls are this close - please!

And pictures of Joker from any angle will be perfectly acceptable!!
default_yes.gif

Okay Ladies............Here's an update as of today. Perky has been acting a bit different today, so at noon I went out and put her Equipage transmitter back on her...........just to be safe. I believe that her belly shows more of a 'V' today. Milk is still very sticky. Not much change in udder. She is more swollen behind.

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

Chrissy's milk is getting more sticky, but not as sticky as Perky's.

I haven't introduced our palomino pintaloosa mare, Glitz, yet. I couldn't resist posting this picture of her scratching her big belly.

IMG_5674.jpg

And here's another one of her. She's about 30 inches. She has a small udder started, but she looks so much bigger than the other girls.

IMG_5677-1.jpg

And Anna, as far as pictures of Joker go..............I'm simply not fast enough to snap a picture of him. When I turn him out in the mornings, I take my camera with me to try to get some pictures. Well, he's racing around and rearing and kicking up his heels. I go ahead and clean my stalls, hoping to get a good picture, but it just doesn't happen. If I go into the pen with him, Magic (mama) takes him away. He'll come up to me outside the fence for me to scratch him, but then he's too close to get a picture of. I'll keep trying, I promise!

Latest posts

Back