Missy's Foaling Thread - HE'S HERE!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you can see the difference in those two pictures side by side. I love the photos of her walking too. What a beautiful area where you live.

There's a really good thread that is pinned at the top of this section called "What is in Your Foaling Kit." Lots of great info there.

There's a really good thread that is pinned at the top of this section called "What is in Your Foaling Kit." Lots of great info there.
She refused to leave her stable again today, tried everything I could and she wouldn't budge. Even threatened to rear when asked. Poor girl
default_sad.png

Lots of kicking today though, got 2 minutes of manic kicking and movement on film and now waiting for it to upload! Missy kept kicking her belly and swishing her tail, think it's getting to her!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so exciting!! My in utero babies never bounce around and kick when I'm there. How awesome and can't wait to see the video.

That's a lovely baby tummy there - looking really good. So glad you managed to get her out walkies, I was getting a bit concerned about her not wanting to leave her stable.

They say that we should be seeing some better weather by the end of this week - about time, am keeping my fingers crossed!!
default_pray.gif

Thank you! She is in a better mood this weekend which is great. Lots of weeing over the past few days if that's anything to look out for? Teats haven't changed, still eating well too!
default_smile.png

Getting paranoid now but if she foaled now (315 days) would the foal survive?

I've had healthy foals born here ranging from 297 to 365 days, so she's within the range. Remember, most times we gauge by an "average" number of days, so 315 would be a bit before the "average" of 330, but just fine.

Lol I used to call them the alien videos on my girls... Oh I do miss having pregnant mares!! But then again I do not miss the constant worrying that I cannot help myself from doing. She sure is a pretty girl.
default_yes.gif

Like Diane, I have also had the odd foal born before the 300 day mark, one was fine (which made us query the due date) the other was rather small and a bit weak, but luckily her experienced Momma had her milk flooding in within hours so she was fine, just needed a stable with no draughts and loads of bedding to help keep her warm. I think that if a mare foals early but has carried to HER full term then there is no problem. With our second early foal, we had travelled the mare from here to Daughter's farm at what we thought was a safe time before her due date - 41/2 weeks away, short journey of only 6 miles, the mare travelled happily but for some reason the journey, or the change of circumstances, unsettled the mare and induced labour as she foaled 3 days later giving us in effect a 10 month baby.

Is there any chance you could get someone to hold Missy so you could get a picture of her udder for us, as it would be so helpful in assessing her progress?

Like Diane, I have also had the odd foal born before the 300 day mark, one was fine (which made us query the due date) the other was rather small and a bit weak, but luckily her experienced Momma had her milk flooding in within hours so she was fine, just needed a stable with no draughts and loads of bedding to help keep her warm. I think that if a mare foals early but has carried to HER full term then there is no problem. With our second early foal, we had travelled the mare from here to Daughter's farm at what we thought was a safe time before her due date - 41/2 weeks away, short journey of only 6 miles, the mare travelled happily but for some reason the journey, or the change of circumstances, unsettled the mare and induced labour as she foaled 3 days later giving us in effect a 10 month baby.

Is there any chance you could get someone to hold Missy so you could get a picture of her udder for us, as it would be so helpful in assessing her progress?
Todays:

1488152_1412748212314440_2009862741_n_zpsfb9d7094.jpg

1912379_1412748185647776_542151365_n_zpsd9baf9f7.jpg

Latest posts

Back