Missy's Foaling Thread - HE'S HERE!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissysMum

Reaction score
With only a month or so to go until Mini Missy arrives, I decided it's time I started this thread.

For those who don't know her story; I bought Missy in August '13, as an untouched and nervous pony. I was informed shortly after, that she had been covered on April 20th 2013 although was running with the stallion 24/7. We haven't had the vet check her for pregnancy although she has had her jabs and a check up!

I didn't believe she was in foal until a few months ago when we started getting movement and a big belly so here we are now. I do think she is in foal and the kicking, belly shape/size and behavioral changes also suggest this. She is my first pony and this will be my first foal so open to any advice!!

Now for the photo's:

December '13 -

1545644_1400191206903474_7922311_n_zps949af909.jpg

January '14 -

484096_1403264079929520_371766162_n_zps38196266.jpg

February '14 -

1623763_1405970009658927_1156416964_n_zps0489d5c5.jpg

1904030_1408138406108754_1803074024_n_zpsebcb6456.jpg

5186345a-fe93-4fb9-8f7b-d658c6851f56_zpsdba2cf0b.jpg

A teat picture:

1014422_813866255293523_332930040_n_zps5ef422e5.jpg

Thank you for reading
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Missy'sMum. Welcome to the Nutty Nursery!!! Missy is so beautiful and she definitely looks pregnant to me. We have so many wonderful Nannies who have great experience and who can help you get through the entire foaling process.

Hi Missy'sMum. Welcome to the Nutty Nursery!!! Missy is so beautiful and she definitely looks pregnant to me. We have so many wonderful Nannies who have great experience and who can help you get through the entire foaling process.
Hello!

Thank you for saying Missy is beautiful!
default_smile.png

I'm glad i've found somewhere to keep up to date with her pregnancy without feeling stressed. I can't wait until baby arrives!!
default_smile.png

What a pretty gal she looks homozygous for tobiano gene if so you get pinto foal

Shes a beauty , cant wait to see the foal. You have come to the right place, the aunties on here are wonderful !!!! They will help you with any questions you may have regarding Missy.

The aunties will want to see lots of photos of her , so keep them coming. Wishing you all the best
default_yes.gif

Cheers Ryan

Hello MissysMum, glad to have you and Missy join us here! You say that Missy has had a foal before - just the one or do you know if there were more? Oh and how old is she?

She's a very pretty girl and certainly progressing well with her pregnancy. Keep good eye on her udder development as that may give you a clue as to when she will foal and keep the pictures coming so that we can watch her progress with you.

How are you coping with our lovely British winter weather - staying safe and dry I hope!

Oh she's very pretty and definitely pregnant! Just look at the wonderful baby belly!!!

We love the pictures! Can you take a picture of her from the back looking down her sides at her level? That will help us to see how baby is riding in there, and help us watch her progress. The side shots are a good indicator, and taken down on her level straight across to that beautiful baby belly will be a help as we watch baby drop into position and move slightly "forward of center".

We're here for you and very excited that you cam to share this wonderful experience with us. Welcome to our "Nutty Nursery" -- and we're here to answer any questions you may have, no matter what they are. Don't be afraid to ask anything -- nothing is off limits, and no question should be left unasked. We're here to help you every way we can!

Thank you everyone! In response to the question of previous foals, Missy has had two before. One aged only 2 years and a second a year after. She is 5 now and this will definitely be her last!

Nothing new to report on today really, still irritable. Gave her a few hours outside and was greeted by a mucky and wet pony! I can get more photo's for you later on.

Absolutely sick of this British weather, so bloody cold and wet. Doesn't make being at the yard very fun!!

Her udders haven't changed at all so I don't think baby will be here for a while yet!

Thanks again for all the support and good wishes!!
default_smile.png

A couple of photo's:

1509928_814308765249272_457426655_n_zpscfca0f6b.jpg

1601466_1391547061101222_1910342910_n_zps6144d8d0.jpg

I'd say she's still in the very early stages and you have a while to go. I'm one of the newer nannies so I'll see if the others agree or disagree. Love that you two got out and had a long walk!

I'd say she's still in the very early stages and you have a while to go. I'm one of the newer nannies so I'll see if the others agree or disagree. Love that you two got out and had a long walk!
Thank you!

I'm a complete novice to this so i'm just picking it up as I go along. Thanks to all the super nannies/aunties. I really appreciate your help!!

It certainly looks as though that udder might be moving, but at this stage it is not too easy to tell when they have had foals before. I would suggest you 'ignore' it/dont peek for, say 4 or 5 days, then have a look and a gentle feel (if she will let you) to see if there is any change. Doing daily checks at this stage can make your brain imagine things that are not actually correct - sort of wishful thinking and we have all done it! Also take some more pics for us in 5 days then we can also look for any changes.

Glad you both enjoyed that walk - a wonderful way to encourage bonding and trust between you.
default_yes.gif

It certainly looks as though that udder might be moving, but at this stage it is not too easy to tell when they have had foals before. I would suggest you 'ignore' it/dont peek for, say 4 or 5 days, then have a look and a gentle feel (if she will let you) to see if there is any change. Doing daily checks at this stage can make your brain imagine things that are not actually correct - sort of wishful thinking and we have all done it! Also take some more pics for us in 5 days then we can also look for any changes.

Glad you both enjoyed that walk - a wonderful way to encourage bonding and trust between you.
default_yes.gif
Great suggestion!

I will next look/feel/photo on Friday but will get some belly pictures when I remember!

The walk was great fun. Today she refused to leave her stable and has being moody all day!!

923143_1410195489236379_468581015_n_zps8facabcc.jpg

Back