Missy's Foaling Thread - HE'S HERE!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She has ballooned again today, udder is massive. She wouldn't let me touch her teats and was very moody!

Easter baby!!!!!! I keep checking here every hour as I keep thinking there will be an announcement. Now as soon as you have the foal safely on the ground, you know you must run to the computer and update us!!!! So excited for both of you.

sounds like she has finally got you good and tired and has some plans awful soon
default_yes.gif

Maybe we will see an Easter bubby after all?? Will she let you check her vulva colour - IF she is one of those mares who changes to a deep red there, it could be the final sign that baby will soon be arriving.
default_yes.gif

But even if there is no colour change, I'm afraid that doesn't mean that you can give up your sitting beside her all night - but I'm sincerely hoping that this might be your last night!! Good luck!!

Just saw this thread...I just love Missy's spots! And a beautiful stallion too, can't wait to see what the baby turns out to be! She looks close, I'll be following along to see what happens!

I wouldn't leave her for a minute tonight. She could fill those teats in minutes, and everything else looks like a go!

Can't wait for the Easter baby to arrive!!

I'm just getting ready for work and a friend is sorting her out. Just waiting for a text to say if she has/hadn't had bub!

Thankfully I finish work @ 3 so will stay out with her
default_smile.png

Update - No baby yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes we are interested!
default_thumbup.gif
She looks even more attractive in 'real life' than in her pictures! Her stable looks perfect - nice and safe for the new baby - just two minor things. Be sure to move her water bin before she foals - foals can drown in a water bin/bucket on the floor plus should baby manage to tip it over/play with it later on, a small hoof/leg could slip through the handles. There are buckets for sale with one flat side specially designed to go flat to a wall, and if you could find one then you could tie it up to the stable rails and hang it at a suitable height for Missy but out of the foal's way. The other thing is to make sure that you have plenty of bedding right up to the door - a new baby trying to get to its feet or later having a scamper around when older if kept in at all due to bad weather, can slip badly on concrete areas and injure theselves. (you may have already thought of this!)

Really looking forward to tomorrows vlog!
default_yes.gif

Oh yes we are interested!
default_thumbup.gif
She looks even more attractive in 'real life' than in her pictures! Her stable looks perfect - nice and safe for the new baby - just two minor things. Be sure to move her water bin before she foals - foals can drown in a water bin/bucket on the floor plus should baby manage to tip it over/play with it later on, a small hoof/leg could slip through the handles. There are buckets for sale with one flat side specially designed to go flat to a wall, and if you could find one then you could tie it up to the stable rails and hang it at a suitable height for Missy but out of the foal's way. The other thing is to make sure that you have plenty of bedding right up to the door - a new baby trying to get to its feet or later having a scamper around when older if kept in at all due to bad weather, can slip badly on concrete areas and injure theselves. (you may have already thought of this!)

Really looking forward to tomorrows vlog!
default_yes.gif
Thank you for replying, I will sort out the water and the bedding
default_thumbup.gif

Day 2(today) is uploading but will be a few hours, shall post link when I return home from work this evening x

Brilliant!! If I dont catch it later this evening, I'll look for it tomorrow morning - mind you we might have a baby announcement by then, you never know!

Yes, all of us are on pins and needles waiting for the big event!!!

Other thing I would add is to take off her halter in the stall. It's really a potential hazard especially when you have a baby bouncing around. I loved the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
FABULOUS! Such a pretty girl -- this is going to be one sweet baby!! Can't wait for the next video!

Latest posts

Back