CONFUSED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like she is starting to relax for the big event. Should start to feel like jelly on either side of her tail bone.
default_yes.gif

Hi Bailey, this sounds all normal
default_smile.png
are you prepared for a foal?
default_smile.png
do as much research on here as possible, watch the foaling videos and read through what you'll need in your foaling kit & keep us updated
default_smile.png
maybe one of the other ladies can give you an idea of how long she'll have to go now that her backside is all mushy
default_smile.png
Good luck!

http://youtu.be/7Uwz90DYlKo

I am not certain she is in foal. She seems to have all the signs but its been almost a year since I got her. Can you tell by this video if this is foal movement or gut movement?

To me that is that looks like one very active baby. Don't quote me on it tho I want some of the other more experienced people on here to see......

Can you feel kicking at all ?? ( Best time to feel is during her eating and having a drink)

I know exactly how you feel , The is she or isn't she lol.

At the end of the day no one knows your mare better than you do. Have you had the vet look at her since Oct ?

Looks like movement to me too, it's not uncommon for them to stay in foal for 12 months, my vet actually said to me 'the 11 months is just a guide, there's know need to be concerned if she goes to 12 months' it's just comfortable in her mummy
default_smile.png

From your pictures, what you have been reporting and now the video, I would say that there is a baby in there. She is still carrying a bit 'wide' which is why you are seeing so much movement, baby will suddenly 'drop' lower into her tummy as the birth gets closer and then any movement decreases.

I would be keeping a very close eye on her as any changes at this stage can happen very fast. You may soon be able to prove to your family that you are not crazy - of course this is just my opinion and I have been proved wrong before, but hoping ...............................
default_yes.gif

I will definitely watch her. Thank you All for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no change in her. Is it safe to say she is not in foal considering it will be one year tomorrow. All four photos taken today.

I was just doing some research and one site said they can deliver from 10 months to 12 months + 10 days? And that the foal will most likely be born measuring about 22" - 23" and have a fuller coat, I'm not much help just trying to give you piece of mind
default_smile.png
and another site said that their udder can deflate through the day so best to check at night
default_smile.png
so maybe don't give up on her just yet or maybe get the vet out to give her a once over just in case it's something else. Good luck keep us updated
default_smile.png

To me it looks like her nipples are filling, and that seems to be too much of an udder for a non-pregnant mare. I'm the owner of Dream, the mare that took 4 days from no udder at all to full and waxing and then foaling. My girl was 350 days along when she foaled. Keep watching her, she looks suspicious to me.

today

It's been 1 year today and its also Jazz's 6th birthday.

I agree with Amanda those nipples look as tho they are filling . Now is the time to keep a careful watch on her .

If you can't be there to keep an eye on her , see if you can get someone to sit with her whilst your not there .

It can all happen very quickly , best of luck Bailey
default_smile.png

Let me introduce her to you all. Her name is Pecos East All That Jazz.

Sire: Southridge Double Dynasty

Grandsire: Alvadars Double Destiny

Granddam: Bond Taffeta Tilly

Dam: Pecos East Haz Da Pizzazz

Grandsire: Dena Dales Red Shadow

Granddam: JPF Firecraker

I'm in agreement.....just keep a close eye on her. She looks like she's moving forward, so 'forget' the day count, and just keep a close eye on her!

top left 11/13 top right 12/13

middle left 01/14 middle right 02/14

bottom left 03/14 bottom right 04/14

Today was exciting. My husband felt the foal kick 3 times in a roll. I am no longer the only one in the family that has felt movement. Today she was doing tons of butt rubbing and biting between her front legs. Still not increasing much in the udder. She is at least 366+ days from the time I got her today.

That's all good, she may not completely grow the udder until she foals. The Butt rubbing is completely normal and if she is having a few good rolls Jazz maybe trying to turn baby into position.

If you feel she is starting to show you a few signs that the slow cooker maybe starting to finish cooking, nows the time to have your foaling kit ready to go. (Great pinned thread up the top with all the info you need to put together your own kit)

See if you can take a few pics when you can. One looking at her side , and from behind so the experts can view where baby is riding.

Where abouts are you located ? Hoping the weathers nice for you

Latest posts

Back