CONFUSED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
April 9 april 16

april 22 april 30

Should I continue to watch her. Last 3 photos taken this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
and front view She looks the biggest from the front.

I've looked through this entire thread and not once thought there was significant enough changes to indicate pregnancy. I'm by no means an expert, i've never bred yet! But i have been looking at pregnant mares for the last year lol

Is your vet not able to scan either rectally or from the outside? A vet with really small hands (usually a female) will be able to get into a mini no bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we will have to finally admit that she is not pregnant - has she shown any signs of coming into season yet?

I think we will have to finally admit that she is not pregnant - has she shown any signs of coming into season yet?
She has not shown any signs of coming into season. I am going to breed her in late May or early June. I am hoping being around the stallion will bring her into heat.

Yes, okay, I'll join the group. After my experience with my one mare that kept me guessing day by day, and losing the foal ultimately because I decided she really wasn't pregnant, I'm usually the last to "give in".

Keep us posted on how she's doing when you take her to her new boyfriend!

Yes, okay, I'll join the group. After my experience with my one mare that kept me guessing day by day, and losing the foal ultimately because I decided she really wasn't pregnant, I'm usually the last to "give in".

Keep us posted on how she's doing when you take her to her new boyfriend!
The only reason I was holding on so long was because of the strange belly movement. It looks like something is in there moving around. She had a lot of people fooled, including my Vet.

This little guy is the stallion I found for Jazz....not for sure his breed but he looks like a pinto. Any ideas...

Is he actually yours or do you mean that you have 'found' him locally or elsewhere as a possible future stud for Jazz? So how big is he and how old? Is he an experienced stud, does he have other offspring that you can view to get an idea of what he might throw from a mare like Jazz?

To be really honest, and bearing in mind that Jazz is such a good looking girl, I'm not that impressed with him from your pictures. Yes he has colour, but you must always look beyond this and go for conformation first. His head looks a little plain to me and I'm not too sure whether his shoulder is generous enough. To give you a proper answer, we really need to see a picture of him from both sides standing in a nice upright pose - those pictures may well not be doing him justice! Is there any way you could find out about his breeding, as if he has some good strong lines running through his pedigree, this might give you an idea of what he could produce even if he is a bit lacking in some areas.
default_yes.gif

Is he a registered stallion? Has he produced show worthy offspring? If not, then why are you breeding to him? As above i'm not overly impressed. He looks a little leggy and large for her..

I will find out more when I go to visit him next week. I was told he was around the 32" and jazz is 36". I am not going to breed her until late May or early June so I will keep looking.

Latest posts

Back