CONFUSED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From those pictures I would say that, sadly, you no longer have a pregnant mare. So sorry!!

Yes, I agree. Sorry this didn't work out for you, but perhaps next year. Please stay and join our other threads, we love having everyone share their experiences and value their opinions.

Thank You all so much...I am planning on breeding her to a palomino owned by a local breeder but I don't know when she will come in heat. The Vet said something about I wouldn't have to do anything to her unless I wanted to breed. I am not sure what he meant because at the time I wasn't even going to think about that. I was wondering if she would come into heat if she was around a stallion.

You Might want to clarify with your vet to what he was talking about re breeding her ?
default_smile.png

I think that sometimes being around a stallion helps them move into heat, but certainly not scientific. She'll come into heat when she's ready. Perhaps you vet wanted to culture her to be sure she's breeding sound with no infection that might cause her difficulties. It is certainly worth doing if she's never been done. Especially, if you want to be sure she didn't 'catch' anything last time.

Look at her belly right and left side. See the difference in her sides. How can that be? She got the reverse look..

Well, we can still watch her -- even if we're waiting for her to come into heat. LOL Sure is strange, though. She doesn't look like a mare that's overweight, and so might have that belly, and in some pictures it seems like there is no belly. I think I'd still be watching her, at least until the end of the month!

I had a mare (new to me at the beginning of breeding season the summer before) who daily had me confused for months. One day I'd think she was pregnant -- and she looked pregnant -- and the next day I'd just scratch my head and decide she wasn't pregnant. This went on for at least 3 months. Then I decided she certainly wasn't pregnant -- she had no belly and no udder, and I put her in with some other ladies. I was very sad when later that evening I went out to feed and there lay her baby still in the sack on the ground, with her standing guard. Very sad, but made me realize that these ladies can really fool you right up to the last minute. She looked exactly the same as when I left her in the morning except now she had a full udder and a lost little one.

So, I guess I'd just watch until she comes into heat again. We've got nothing better to do than help you watch while we all wait.

I agree with Diane - these mares are so good at fooling us (either being in foal or not), that I dont trust them until there is absolutely no possibility of them producing anything!

What a beautiful girl!! So sorry for the roller coaster you've been on
default_sad.png

My mare just foaled Sunday and that was after probably 3 months of the same: is she or isn't she?(We bought her in July and were told she was exposed from December 2012-April 2013) So I definitely feel for you!

Just from some of the pictures you posted, I would guess she was pregnant but something happened or it was a false pregnancy? Either way, keep an eye on her and let us know when she comes in heat or ... ???
default_smile.png

Hope to see a foaling thread for her next year, too!!

She's such an attractive mare - she will have a beautiful baby, if not now then sometime in the future. Good luck!

Could you please take a full side shot of her down at her level, and one from the back looking down her sides. I'd appreciate it. It all still seems "suspect" to me seeing what looks like a big belly in that video.

Back