Book Club 2024

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my library copy now so can begin. The author’s name is familiar but I’ve not read any of her books. Looking forward to this reading adventure!

How are you all coming along with the book, and what do you think of it so far? I know how it ends, so I'm searching for clues about the plot twist.

I’m almost finished as well. It is not a book I would have chosen on my own but am glad it was a recommendation. She writes so well and really can put you into her characters lives and activities.

It's definitely not something I would have chosen, but I won it online and I enjoyed it. I will post the questions in a couple days. Don't want to accidentally give away the ending to anyone that's not finished.

Ok everyone, time for questions. If you aren't done, do not read these!

1 How did you like the book and what did you think of how it ended?

2 Do you believe in psychics and ghosts? Why or why not? And did that change your feelings about the book?

3 Do you think Thomas’s erratic behavior justifies Alice’s affair? What would you have done in Alice’s place?

4 Jenna compares her search for her mother to Captain Ahab’s search for the whale in Moby-Dick, or Javert hunting Jean Valjean in Les Misérables, saying they are all three defined by their search. Do you agree with this assessment? Have you ever felt defined in this way by something you wanted?

5 What is the significance of finding Alice’s wallet?

6 Thomas was struggling with a mental illness. Do you think that Alice should have been more supportive of him because of this? Do you think it's possible to hide something so severe so well?

I really hate to do this, but I have to back out of the Book Club 2024. Not that I have contributed to this thread at all, other than suggesting a book to read (The Invincible Miss Cuss) and committing to the discussion afterwards, but unfortunately I have way too many things going on right now. Every time I try to pick up a book to read, something either comes up or I am too tired to keep my eyes open. I am currently overseeing 2 construction projects on my house and trying to get ready for a 5 week RV trip. Plus, I'm taking driving (a cart) lessons and helping train my boys to drive. Way too much going on here. I do apologize for committing and then backing out. If the group is still going on during the fall/winter portion of the year, I really would like to participate. Thank You.

Latest posts

Back