2024 Hours Driven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday Jasmine went out for 30 minutes of driving with her new friends.
We'll do February as a trial period before I have this family sign on for a lease through the end of 2024. Mom and daughter were absolutely tickled to be able to drive our fuzzy little yak pony and Jazzy did a good job taking care of her new drivers. The yard and driveway had some icy spots but Jazzy took her time and kept them safe. Best part, I think they're lovely people and will enjoy having them out!
Phillippe looks to be recovered from his mysterious hoof ailments. I soaked his right rear in Epsom salt and warm water on Friday. He immediately looked a bit more comfortable. Saturday he was barely favoring and yesterday he was not sore to palpate and was weightbearing consistently without issue. Not sure if he maybe had some thrush in his central sulcus or an abscess... animals...

We'll do February as a trial period before I have this family sign on for a lease through the end of 2024. Mom and daughter were absolutely tickled to be able to drive our fuzzy little yak pony and Jazzy did a good job taking care of her new drivers. The yard and driveway had some icy spots but Jazzy took her time and kept them safe. Best part, I think they're lovely people and will enjoy having them out!
Phillippe looks to be recovered from his mysterious hoof ailments. I soaked his right rear in Epsom salt and warm water on Friday. He immediately looked a bit more comfortable. Saturday he was barely favoring and yesterday he was not sore to palpate and was weightbearing consistently without issue. Not sure if he maybe had some thrush in his central sulcus or an abscess... animals...
Busy time at your place. Some fun, and some not so fun. Animals...

I'm hoping Phillippe is feeling beter.

@HersheyMint, thank you, yes he was back to comfortable on Sunday. Seemed like that epsom salt soak did the world of good for him. I, on the other hand, am now down with a cold and am not feeling well! I guess it's my turn. 🤒

@HersheyMint, thank you, yes he was back to comfortable on Sunday. Seemed like that epsom salt soak did the world of good for him. I, on the other hand, am now down with a cold and am not feeling well! I guess it's my turn. 🤒
So sorry you are feeling well. I sure hope you can kick that crud to the trash soon. Take care

Saturday Phillippe and Jasmine each went a solid 45 minutes.
I've been under the weather but I think I'm on the mend now. Our new friend and leasor came out on Saturday for her second drive. Now that Phillippe is feeling better I'd promised her that both would be out. Originally her daughter was supposed to join her but... teenagers. She came alone - and good for her! So I said no problem, I'll drive with you.
This lovely lady floored me with how much she remembered! She was able to harness and hitch almost entirely by herself and it was only her SECOND time!! My daughter joined us aboard her warmblood mare and we went for a road drive, up to one neighbors, then down to the next. Half way between I asked if she'd like to trade and try driving the donkey. Absolutely! So we swapped over and she got to try the long ears. The report was that she enjoyed Phillippe very much because he's quite sharp on verbal cues (yes, I've worked really hard on that with him in the last year!) whereas Jasmine has been driven mostly by my teenager who isn't as sharp on details, but is definitely more maneuverable and forward.
It sounds like this lease is going to be her and her daughter driving, a joint experience for them to share. So they'll likely be driving both of my littles. I'll need to think about asking for a half lease on the donkey if they're driving both more than twice a month... a discussion to have.

And Falcor's cart is FINALLY here!!! And it's quite a lot bigger than the little guys. I haven't put him to it yet, not until I'm feeling solid in my head and body again, but I'm just itching to!

And I sold our easy entry last night. Jasmine's little black cart. It's a good cart! Especially since I got skis on it. But I've been thinking Jazzy's such a good little goer and Ali really liked the small cart that came for Falcor... So I put a post on facebook last night and sold it in half an hour to a lady in our driving community for her brand new shetland gelding! So that money went straight to Quebec for that little cart and I'll pick it up on Thursday.

I love it when things work out. And happy-early-birthday to me!

🏆🎖️🏆Hi! The ribbons have just this minute arrived! I haven't even opened the package yet! I'm going to ask for some assistance, I have the following people listed as participating in most of last years (2023) walking and driving threads. Major Clem, Marsha, Hershy Mint, Abby P, CrimsonRose, Mary Flora, Standards Equine, and Kelly. Could someone double check those names for me just so I'm not missing anyone? That would be awesome! Or if you see yourself not on the list and participated most of the year, let me know.
I will start mailing next week and will need addresses.

Sorry to be so discombobulated this year. The ribbon making lady had delays and I'm sort of semi-frazzled from life 😄 !

Saturday Phillippe and Jasmine each went a solid 45 minutes.
I've been under the weather but I think I'm on the mend now. Our new friend and leasor came out on Saturday for her second drive. Now that Phillippe is feeling better I'd promised her that both would be out. Originally her daughter was supposed to join her but... teenagers. She came alone - and good for her! So I said no problem, I'll drive with you.
This lovely lady floored me with how much she remembered! She was able to harness and hitch almost entirely by herself and it was only her SECOND time!! My daughter joined us aboard her warmblood mare and we went for a road drive, up to one neighbors, then down to the next. Half way between I asked if she'd like to trade and try driving the donkey. Absolutely! So we swapped over and she got to try the long ears. The report was that she enjoyed Phillippe very much because he's quite sharp on verbal cues (yes, I've worked really hard on that with him in the last year!) whereas Jasmine has been driven mostly by my teenager who isn't as sharp on details, but is definitely more maneuverable and forward.
It sounds like this lease is going to be her and her daughter driving, a joint experience for them to share. So they'll likely be driving both of my littles. I'll need to think about asking for a half lease on the donkey if they're driving both more than twice a month... a discussion to have.

And Falcor's cart is FINALLY here!!! And it's quite a lot bigger than the little guys. I haven't put him to it yet, not until I'm feeling solid in my head and body again, but I'm just itching to!

And I sold our easy entry last night. Jasmine's little black cart. It's a good cart! Especially since I got skis on it. But I've been thinking Jazzy's such a good little goer and Ali really liked the small cart that came for Falcor... So I put a post on facebook last night and sold it in half an hour to a lady in our driving community for her brand new shetland gelding! So that money went straight to Quebec for that little cart and I'll pick it up on Thursday.

I love it when things work out. And happy-early-birthday to me!
A happy early birthday day to you💐

🏆🎖️🏆Hi! The ribbons have just this minute arrived! I haven't even opened the package yet! I'm going to ask for some assistance, I have the following people listed as participating in most of last years (2023) walking and driving threads. Major Clem, Marsha, Hershy Mint, Abby P, CrimsonRose, Mary Flora, Standards Equine, and Kelly. Could someone double check those names for me just so I'm not missing anyone? That would be awesome! Or if you see yourself not on the list and participated most of the year, let me know.
I will start mailing next week and will need addresses.

Sorry to be so discombobulated this year. The ribbon making lady had delays and I'm sort of semi-frazzled from life 😄 !
I don't see your name on the list?? 😊

My birthday was on Valentine's Day, so thank you for the birthday wishes! 🥰

Saturday, Phillippe, Jasmine and Falcor were out for 45 minutes of driving!
For the first time, all 3 of my critters were out driving at the same time, and I just LOVED it! Ali even rode her mare, Special so our leasor and her daughter could drive. My friend Kelsey even joined with her pony One-Eyed Willy. Made for the best group picture. My heart is so full of joy being able to participate and share this special activity and these incredible animals <3
Group Drive.jpg

And Sunday (yesterday) Falcor went out solo for 30 minutes. Now, he's not a mini, he's a Hackney pony so he doesn't count, but I like reporting my driving time because I use this platform as a reference for myself to log "hours on the box seat" for my local driving club's awards.

Now, I'm going to head up to the farm and go give my donkey some lovin and take him for a drive myself. Falcor is fun, but he's no donkey! 💗

Yesterday Phillippe was out for 45 minutes between myself and my good friend who also coaches my daughter. She'll be coaching some driving lessons at our place this summer too. First time she drove my ass around and she had a blast!

My birthday was on Valentine's Day, so thank you for the birthday wishes! 🥰

Saturday, Phillippe, Jasmine and Falcor were out for 45 minutes of driving!
For the first time, all 3 of my critters were out driving at the same time, and I just LOVED it! Ali even rode her mare, Special so our leasor and her daughter could drive. My friend Kelsey even joined with her pony One-Eyed Willy. Made for the best group picture. My heart is so full of joy being able to participate and share this special activity and these incredible animals <3
View attachment 51306

I just have to say that this is an assume photo!! I can imagine that it was great fun on so many levels.

Latest posts

Back