2024 Hours Driven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Here's the offical 2024 hours page. Just a few notes to make it a little easier for me to keep track of the hours. Please post the horse driven and the total time driven at the very beginning of your post. I'm also going to make a "2024 Driving Discussion" thread so we can put all the fun details and stories there instead. This helps me find and record the hours much easier. This way the time driving doesn't get lost in the fun conversation.

Thanks so much, drive on!

Took Rocky ground driving today for about 40 minutes or so. This time we hung short 2" x 4"s on either side of him to give him the feeling of cart shafts knocking about. I was a little nervous at first anticipating what he might do and he was fine. He didn't care one bit that they were hitting his sides. Yeah!

Yes ground driving counts for sure. I used to keep track of ground driving and driving separately but now we just count it all as hours with our critters. You guys must be tough stuff to be out in this January weather. Got your times down :)

Phillippe and Jasmine out for 30 minutes each on Saturday.
Do we have a thread for the journal entries to go along with the driving time now?
We put skis on our easy entry. They're about 1 3/4" short for the axel but the locking nut kept them on well enough. I put Phillippe on it since I don't yet have skis for my K-bike, nor has Kent yet made me the adaptor pieces for it. And we borrowed our friend's otter sled with PPP shafts (aka the toboggan) and I sent my daughter and her friend out for a drive. Her friend, also 14, has never driven but is a keen young rider. Ali took Jasmine, Cam, her friend, took Phillippe and I cleaned up my tack room. With the major cold snap we recently had, we tore all sorts of bins apart looking for winter blankets. Now it's all better but... BUT... I still haven't had MY first drive of 2024!!! 😭

Yay! Finally got to drive today. Sun is out! Still chilly for me, but maybe too warm for furry Billy. We drove an hour; about 2.3 miles. Billy did great. I was wondering how his boots would do as we went through mud to get to the paved road, but they stayed on fine. Our property is running water, as we are next to a mountain.
First good brushing and bridle trim in a month because of the wet weather. He was happy to be working, I believe.

Attachments

• First drive.jpg
    First drive.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
😄Hi Everyone! Just an update on the ribbons. I promise I have not forgotten you all, I have not received them yet. Soon, hopefully! There was a glitch and the woman making them had to order a couple extra rosettes centers in order to finish them. Sorry for the delay!

😄Hi Everyone! Just an update on the ribbons. I promise I have not forgotten you all, I have not received them yet. Soon, hopefully! There was a glitch and the woman making them had to order a couple extra rosettes centers in order to finish them. Sorry for the delay!
@Cayuse , you are so wonderful for doing this!

Yay! Finally got to drive today. Sun is out! Still chilly for me, but maybe too warm for furry Billy. We drove an hour; about 2.3 miles. Billy did great. I was wondering how his boots would do as we went through mud to get to the paved road, but they stayed on fine. Our property is running water, as we are next to a mountain.
First good brushing and bridle trim in a month because of the wet weather. He was happy to be working, I believe.
Yay, for you and Billy!

Will you need mailing addresses? I'm more than happy to pay for the ribbons and postage!

Let me see, I haven't logged on for a while since I've been "on vacation" all week (ie doing all the catch up on things that don't get done wile I'm working full time.)
Falcor got to ground drive for a half hour on Saturday the 27th
Jasmine and Phillippe got to drive for a half hour each on Sunday the 28th

And now we have no snow left! Falcor broke trail pulling a pallet around half the field. He and I were both panting after that. And the littles and I went out to enjoy the loop with a friend of mine the following day. But it's been above freezing and the snow has mostly melted away!

Falcor's cart is now on a truck and heading my way. 7 - 10 days and it should arrive. I do hope we get more snow as I'd really like to start his out-of-arena driving in the snow in case he has exciting ideas. The cart comes with skis as well as wheels. I'll post pictures when I get it all set up.
I've got a lady coming to meet Jasmine and Phillippe on Saturday. I realize having 3 to drive this year, I need to find a leasor for one. Thankfully, loads of people want to learn to drive so it was pretty quick to get a response when I posted the offer on a local Facebook group. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Latest posts

Back