2024 Hours Driven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This month I ground drove about an hour with Peanut. The footing has been awful this winter. It's so much better with snow instead of mud that thaws and freezes into a lunar landscape.

I've sent out emails to everyone requesting addresses today for the ribbons, I've gotten many responses, thank you :).

This month I ground drove about an hour with Peanut. The footing has been awful this winter. It's so much better with snow instead of mud that thaws and freezes into a lunar landscape.

I've sent out emails to everyone requesting addresses today for the ribbons, I've gotten many responses, thank you :).
Thank you!

Phillippe and I were out for a half hour on Saturday.
It's now snowmageddon, we had a blizzard on Sunday and cold and snow yesterday so the skis will have to go on all the vehicles now. Thankfully, all 3 of the vehicles HAVE skis! I picked up my K-bike's skis Sunday morning before the snow. Once it's a bit warmer, I can't wait to go try them all out!

Phillippe and I were out for a half hour on Saturday.
It's now snowmageddon, we had a blizzard on Sunday and cold and snow yesterday so the skis will have to go on all the vehicles now. Thankfully, all 3 of the vehicles HAVE skis! I picked up my K-bike's skis Sunday morning before the snow. Once it's a bit warmer, I can't wait to go try them all out!
Don't forgot to send pictures, if you can :)

Billy and I went out this morning while it was still cool. Took about 10 minutes to get him into the sulky. Pepper was barking, but he needs to get used to that. Ground drove a little bit as he was overly excited. A stand, so I can get into the sulky (this is getting harder and harder!) and he walked up calmly. We walked, trotted, practiced whoa and stand. Only one little challenge: when we passed the neighbor's house one of his dogs was out. It came barking out to us. I kept Billy into a walk and we got safely past. Kind of nerve wracking, but still good experience. We went 2.3 miles and, counting the hitching time, 1 hour. He could hardly wait for a treat so he could have a good roll. What a good boy!
Notice Pepper up ahead.

Attachments

• march 3.jpg
    march 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I know there are many who do not think that dogs and horses mix. And Pepper can be a noisy nuisance. But I want to enjoy my animals together, so she and Billy need to figure it out.
Billy has never liked her, from the day she came as a puppy. Dapper Dan was her buddy. She wasn't noisy and never did him any harm. But Billy still doesn't like her. He is learning to tolerate her. I think Pepper teases him now because she knows he doesn't like her. Hopefully as she gets older she will settle down more. Meanwhile, we will just continue to work together best we can.

The most beautiful white and silver ribbon arrived yesterday! I could hardly wait to find time today to tidy Billy a little so he could show it off. He didn't earn it all on his own for the year, but he did his part. Thank you, Cayuse!!
White is Billy's color, he looks very stylish! 🤩

Half hour with Phillippé tonight.
Had to get out after work because I received this wonderful ribbon and plaque form @Cayuse today! Thank you so much for doing this. I adore it! This is actually the first ribbon Philippé has won that I’ll keep. Also the first plaque that I’ve ever received! I’m just thrilled.
ED5BCCD4-EDA8-4682-BAE9-701598A15D12.jpeg

Half hour with Phillippé tonight.
Had to get out after work because I received this wonderful ribbon and plaque form @Cayuse today! Thank you so much for doing this. I adore it! This is actually the first ribbon Philippé has won that I’ll keep. Also the first plaque that I’ve ever received! I’m just thrilled.
View attachment 51423
I didn't think Phillippe could get any cuter! He wears it well :) The ribbon and plaque are so pretty.

Latest posts

Back