beau beaus own thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as said before I do a lot of redirecting with my foals. If it reaches nipping I squeal, stamp my foot and snake out at them, mimicing the way the mares are already telling them off for similar behaviour.

Lyric bit once at food time and got walloped with the bucket
default_new_rofl.gif
Never again! She only mouths now when Sterling gets razzed up, he has been the hardest to break of it because everyone was letting him mouth
default_wacko.png

I break my foals mouth behaviour into three sections:

Mouthing is exploring, testing and tasting. It is acceptable on clothing but not on skin. This same rule is applied to the adults.

Nipping is not allowed at all in the adults and in the foals it calls for a swift redirect, a yelp and I walk away from them.

Biting is totally unacceptable in any age and will result in a wallop.

I use the mares as my guide, if they reckon a foal is old enough to be pushed around when acting up then I'll do the same.

Sterling is now backing off on a verbal cue, rarely getting the teeth out!

I very much agree that we need to use their own momma's behavior as a guide. When momma begins her 'training' of her little one, it is time to do the same! I have a pure policy of "NO NIPPING" here at any age -- but the little ones are given time to learn the 'policy' by watching how and when momma begins her training. Nothing worse or dangerous than a horse that thinks it's okay to nip or bite!

I totally agree!

Finn started coming up to me with his mouth open!! ready to bite so I would growl at him or squeal however you wanna call it LOL

and I would walk away... I would then let him come up to me again and if he didn't have his mouth open or look like he was going to bite he would then get lots of scratches, but if he did then the procedure would repeat again...

I HATE horses that bite! I think its the worst habit an owner can let their horse get away with oh that and kicking! lol

they soon learn, and Finn doesn't even try to bite me now... unless he is in a really SILLY mood lol :wackoand now we are teaching him that he can't bite other people aswell... which is going well
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
well little beau is worse ive tryed everything and he still will not stop
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
biting? really?! does Sweety do anything if he bites her? Finn hardly ever bites me now and only if he is in a real feral mood LOL maybe you might need to be a little bit tougher with him... as hard as that is LOL

hoep everything goes well with him and the vet!
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
well his biting hasnt change so ive started to push him away when he trys to bite..

but poor little beau his eye looks so saw...and he is very good for me when i have to put the cream in

his eye i think he knows iam trying to help him poor little man
default_sad.png
has anyone else had this happen

if so how long did it take to heal as the vet only give me a small tube

thanks

Yes Jenny it happened to one of my girls. I put the cream on twice a day for nearly a month until it was healed, it is important that you do it daily to help it heal. One small tube won't last
no.gif
what did the vet give you?

default_saludando.gif
little beau eye wasnt weaping today so thats good..the vet has given me orbenin eye ointment

Goodness, is it me or has our cute little man grown somewhat lately? He's still his gorgeous cute little self though and I just love his colour!
default_wub.png

Wow he looks like hes growing fast! So cute!

default_saludando.gif
yer little beau is now a fat beau and he,s still doing well on his leg even with that extra weight
default_aktion033.gif

He is so very cute!! What a little chubba wubba! N I thought Finn was fat hehe he is just too cute !!! So wanna snuggle him!!!!!! Little cutie man!!

default_saludando.gif
well iam just about out of the cream for beau,s eye and its still not better ..its better then what it

was any ideas of stuff i could get from the chemist

He is so very cute!! What a little chubba wubba! N I thought Finn was fat hehe he is just too cute !!! So wanna snuggle him!!!!!! Little cutie man!!

He is a little chunker! Where is that coming from, I thought both dam and sire were horse bred?

default_saludando.gif
no mum is pony and dad is horse

I must have confused them with one of your other pairings.

Just a question I pose to everyone, why cross the types? With the two types asking for different things and each ring being quite competitive why mix them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back